Windows 10 preview dual boot issues

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I recently installed the Technical Preview of Windows 10 onto a separate partition on my hard drive and I've kind of ran into a tiny issue that hopefully the community can help me solve. The installation for Windows 10 came out perfectly fine but for some reason when it loads up I have to have the boot order of my devices loaded in a certain way for each version of Windows to load properly

• For Windows 10: The boot order is my cd-rom drive needs to be first and then my hard drive second.
  • For Windows 7: I have to rearrange it so the harddrive is loaded up first in priority.

Another thing I noticed was that the dual boot menu which is usually prompted before windows load only appears on the Windows 10 and not the Windows 7 method listed. Even though it lists the option to load Windows 7 on the dual boot menu for Win 10 it won't go through and will come up with an error message about missing digital signatures. I'm currently checking out other hardware forums for any advice on this but most of the ones I've found dealt with previous versions of Windows. First time I've ran into something like this with dual boot installation of Windows and I'm kinda wondering if the issue might pertain to how this is still a preview version of Windows or if something is up with the way I've installed it.

Any tips or advice on fixing this would be awesome, thanks guys

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I can't say anything meaningful in responce to your dual boot issue really, but my guess is that it might be a limitation of the technical preview itself why it wont dual boot or why you are getting that error. You might be best served looking on an official windows 10 forum somewhere to get more of an answer, please post a reply if you ever fix that, I'd be interested to know.