Witcher 3 System Requirement Speculation Thread

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Einhert

This is easily looking like a top tier game looks wise and looks set to make PCs cry day 1 as we all know the Witcher 2 ran like ass day 1.

What predictions have we got, will the new 900 series cards be able to run it or will it be worth waiting to see how it runs day 1 (which will probably be awfully).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Of course the 900 series will run it well, maybe not with supersampling or anything insane like that but at 60 on High-Ultra sure.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil:

Of course the 800 series will run it well, maybe not with supersampling or anything insane like that but at 60 on High-Ultra sure.

I don't think the 900 series will be out by the time the game is.

hmmm the 900 series should start filtering out around september

Nvidia are skipping the 800 series for some reason, the 800 series are apparently going to all be laptop cards.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Too high for my mid range 2012 PC. I'll probably get the PS4 version at launch and then pick up the inevitable enhanced edition during a Steam sale for $10 in about a year when I upgrade my machine. If ends up as good as I expect it to be I'll gladly play the game multiple times.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too high for my mid range 2012 PC. I'll probably get the PS4 version at launch and then pick up the inevitable enhanced edition during a Steam sale for $10 in about a year when I upgrade my machine. If ends up as good as I expect it to be I'll gladly play the game multiple times.

Honestly I'm not sure there will be an enhanced edition this time round as the game looks way more polished than 2 ever did and the voice acting seems top tier thanks to the bigger budget so I cannot foresee the need for enhanced edition but who knows?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Corevi
@einhert said:
@ll_exile_ll said:

Honestly I'm not sure there will be an enhanced edition this time round as the game looks way more polished than 2 ever did and the voice acting seems top tier thanks to the bigger budget so I cannot foresee the need for enhanced edition but who knows?

I bet there will still be an enhanced edition but not as drastic as previous ones. Just some balance changes, some free DLC and some new sidequests.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

I ordered the collectors edition for PC a while back so I'm hoping it will run fine. Back then I didn't have either of the new consoles yet or else I might have ordered it for the PS4.

XB1 gets more dumb swag in the collectors edition, in case anyone cares.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Einhert

@humanity said:

I ordered the collectors edition for PC a while back so I'm hoping it will run fine. Back then I didn't have either of the new consoles yet or else I might have ordered it for the PS4.

So done with collectors editions regarding games, if you really want the figures they often go for cheap on ebay after or you can just use the money for spending on a far better figure like Hot Toys etc

The swag is often really crap and the in game items are negligible, nowhere near worth the asking price.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jArmAhead

I dunno. It looks pretty good, but a lot of the footage we've seen recently (like that 30 minute thing) wasn't mind blowing, so the reqs shouldn't be too insane if you don't want to use a really wasteful AA method.

I dunno, I think the game is going to be less technically impressive than the early reveals made it seem. Early footage looked pretty different, honestly. It still looks nice, but it wasn't "uber next gen" or anything. The only thing that really impressed me were the faces and animations. The environments just looked like an especially sharp PC game.

Which is probably good because I want to be all up inside of that game, and while I will be rebuilding my PC soon with new generation components, I still want as much performance as possible.

Out of the gate it MIGHT have some performance troubles but the game seems to be getting a heck of a polish pass, and they seem to be building off of the W2 tech as a solid foundation so hopefully they've worked out the quirks.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. It looks pretty good, but a lot of the footage we've seen recently (like that 30 minute thing) wasn't mind blowing, so the reqs shouldn't be too insane if you don't want to use a really wasteful AA method.

I dunno, I think the game is going to be less technically impressive than the early reveals made it seem. Early footage looked pretty different, honestly. It still looks nice, but it wasn't "uber next gen" or anything. The only thing that really impressed me were the faces and animations. The environments just looked like an especially sharp PC game.

Which is probably good because I want to be all up inside of that game, and while I will be rebuilding my PC soon with new generation components, I still want as much performance as possible.

Out of the gate it MIGHT have some performance troubles but the game seems to be getting a heck of a polish pass, and they seem to be building off of the W2 tech as a solid foundation so hopefully they've worked out the quirks.

Hopefully so and yeah I get what you mean, the recent gameplay looks great but it does not look first gameplay trailer great in terms of visuals.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FritzDude
Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I would like to think that the team's gotten better at optimizing, so I don't think they'll be THAT crazy (unless you want to run it at a higher than 1080p resolution, maybe). Even still, running a game that pretty at just Medium still probably looks fantastic.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game still has to run on the consoles, taking that into account i'd say a 280x, 4GB GTX 770 or greater will crush it at 1080p.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@einhert said:

@humanity said:

So done with collectors editions regarding games, if you really want the figures they often go for cheap on ebay after or you can just use the money for spending on a far better figure like Hot Toys etc

The swag is often really crap and the in game items are negligible, nowhere near worth the asking price.

Likewise I never really order collectors editions anymore, but in this case I wanted to support the developer. CD Project aren't as big as Bungie or something but they make quality products and dedicate themselves to pleasing the fans. I don't believe in "tip jars" or any of that nonsense, but if I get some extra stuff then I'll gladly pay more and help them out. Also as a graphic artist I love art books and the one included in the collectors is like 200 pgs from what I remember.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

The game still has to run on the consoles, taking that into account i'd say a 280x, 4GB GTX 770 or greater will crush it at 1080p.

The fact that it's running on consoles will have no bearing on the high end settings. It's a PC game first and foremost, so while yes it is running on consoles, it's a safe bet it's not being maxed out on consoles. Running at an equivalent of medium-ish (most likely) on PS4 isn't really a worthy point of speculation about what it's going to take run it at Ultra on PC.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trust me guys, it will be the same as with witcher 2. Stupidly high sys req, in other words crysis rpg. The game is great nevertheless, but they should really tone their demands a little, not make it a benchmark. IMO the reason why the witcher 2 had so many problems was that it wasn't optimized too good. I mean i had multiple friends that could technically run the witcher 2 and yet they had massive fps problems even with the ubersampling and SSAO turned off.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By mike

I don't even want to speculate yet, especially since it's so early and Witcher 3 is using a new engine none of us have ever even ran before. I'm hoping REDengine 3 will look better and be more efficient than it's predecessor.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MannyMAR

I'll say that The Witcher 2 ran on a wide variety of setups and I'm sure the Witcher 3 will run well on cards purchased within the past 2 years. I'm not going to lie though when I get my tax return, I'm gunning for a gtx 980.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@einhert said:

@humanity said:

Likewise I never really order collectors editions anymore, but in this case I wanted to support the developer. CD Project aren't as big as Bungie or something but they make quality products and dedicate themselves to pleasing the fans. I don't believe in "tip jars" or any of that nonsense, but if I get some extra stuff then I'll gladly pay more and help them out. Also as a graphic artist I love art books and the one included in the collectors is like 200 pgs from what I remember.

Ah that is fair enough, I did the same with Skyrim but I drew the line with Gears of War 3s CE.

CDprojectRED do deserve the money though but if the game launches and is badly optimised that would rustle my jimmies if I dropped £125 scoop :/

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I expect my ps4 will play it just fine ;)

That's the only choice I have anyway. My shitty laptop can barely run the witcher 2 on ultra low. I really wish they would do a next gen port of the witcher 2, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen before the release of the witcher 3 (or ever) so I'm stuck playing it on my shitty laptop.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Just due to the size and scope of the world I'm not convinced the Witcher 3 will unilaterally look better than the Witcher 2, should still be a pretty impressive looking/playing game regardless.

I played the Witcher 2 using a 9800 GT, worked fine except for Loc Muinne (Dalaran/Blighttown syndrome).

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the only choice I have anyway. My shitty laptop can barely run the witcher 2 on ultra low. I really wish they would do a next gen port of the witcher 2, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen before the release of the witcher 3 (or ever) so I'm stuck playing it on my shitty laptop.

I am quite intrigued to see if consoles can be optimised for what we know is going to be a ridiculously demanding title.

Who knows maybe the age of consoles being better optimised is over and this game makes PS4s light up! lol who knows, I am interested for sure.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@einhert said:
@rongalaxy said:

I am quite intrigued to see if consoles can be optimised for what we know is going to be a ridiculously demanding title.

Who knows maybe the age of consoles being better optimised is over and this game makes PS4s light up! lol who knows, I am interested for sure.

I'm fairly certain that's gonna be the case, and I don't really care. I paid 360 bucks for my ps4 new (no tax either, bought it on ebay) and its never going to be as good as a PC, but it's still gonna play pretty much every game that comes out for the next 6-8 years and that's all I care about. And they are going to look fine, great even.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@einhert: That would indeed suck which is why I'm hoping my pc will be able to run it on high with some options tweaked down.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Einhert

@einhert said:
@rongalaxy said:

I'm fairly certain that's gonna be the case, and I don't really care. I paid 360 bucks for my ps4 new (no tax either, bought it on ebay) and its never going to be as good as a PC, but it's still gonna play pretty much every game that comes out for the next 6-8 years and that's all I care about. And they are going to look fine, great even.

It will more than likely be a better purchase day 1 on PS4 thanks to the static hardware which makes it far easier to optimise for. It may not look as good but hey at least you will be playing your version of the game that runs optimally while me and other PC users are waiting for the inevitable drivers/patch.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Humanity

@einhert said:

@rongalaxy said:

@einhert said:
@rongalaxy said:

It will more than likely be a better purchase day 1 on PS4 thanks to the static hardware which makes it far easier to optimise for. It may not look as good but hey at least you will be playing your version of the game that runs optimally while me and other PC users are waiting for the inevitable drivers/patch.

Let me chime in that Wolfenstein The New Order - an otherwise fantastic game - was completely soured for me because it apparently had issues with running on radeons ( ho ho ho like every other game in existence Humanity!) and by the time I've scoured every corner of the internet and found a solution it just wasn't the same anymore. I mean once I could finally play it the game was great, one of the best shooters of this generation probably, but those early hardships of trying to find out what is making this game not compatible with your PC and just running into a brick wall was incredibly frustrating.

On a console you'll never experience something like that. Even if there is a bug, millions of people all over the world will be experiencing the same problem and you know they'll have a fix within days. As far as I know Wolfenstein still hasn't been patched - I had to use a user made fix to get it to run.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@einhert said:

@rongalaxy said:

@einhert said:
@rongalaxy said:

Let me chime in that Wolfenstein The New Order - an otherwise fantastic game - was completely soured for me because it apparently had issues with running on radeons ( ho ho ho like every other game in existence Humanity!) and by the time I've scoured every corner of the internet and found a solution it just wasn't the same anymore. I mean once I could finally play it the game was great, one of the best shooters of this generation probably, but those early hardships of trying to find out what is making this game not compatible with your PC and just running into a brick wall was incredibly frustrating.

On a console you'll never experience something like that. Even if there is a bug, millions of people all over the world will be experiencing the same problem and you know they'll have a fix within days. As far as I know Wolfenstein still hasn't been patched - I had to use a user made fix to get it to run.

Yeah this is why I stick with Nividia, AMD has to many driver issues with games for me to feel comfortable buying from them.

The game runs fine on my 680.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I just got the official requirements letter in the mail straight from CDPR:

ALL OF THEM. WHATEVER YOU GOT WE NEED IT.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Einhert

I just got the official requirements letter in the mail straight from CDPR:

ALL OF THEM. WHATEVER YOU GOT WE NEED IT.

LOL yes

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zenmastah
Happydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think a 295x2 radeon and a 6ghz processor would run it at max?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think a 295x2 radeon and a 6ghz processor would run it at max?

I am interested in how you acquired a 6ghz CPU.

Anyway it should unless it has terrible issues with all AMD cards.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave:

It has a larger world, yes, but it already looks miles better over the second one.

Have a look

I wonder what kind of system they had that running on, no way was it Xbox One with that level of detail @1080p 60fps

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@einhert said:

@zenmastah said:

@fredchuckdave:

It has a larger world, yes, but it already looks miles better over the second one.

Have a look

I wonder what kind of system they had that running on, no way was it Xbox One with that level of detail @1080p 60fps

I think i remember reading the original footage is not 60fps.

I do hope it scales well when its released.

Einhert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@einhert said:

@zenmastah said:

@fredchuckdave:

Have a look

I think i remember reading the original footage is not 60fps.

I do hope it scales well when its released.

It would be really nice to know what card they had it running on, I would imagine they had it running on a 700 series card, they are being very careful about saying what kind of machine their demos are running on so that does not bode well.