FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided

From Famitsu, Rise has been confirmed to be a playable character in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, fighting alongside her Persona Himiko, who has apparently experienced a transformation.

This validates the Best Buy leak that happened last week, which probably means that Ken will be revealed shortly as the next playable character and that the North American release date for the game will be September 16.

(Brighter/larger image here)

Official website updated

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

She had better have a move that involves dropping a giant mic on somebody. Or something along those lines.

Or, you know, she could just fight by swinging a mic on a cord, like a ball-and-chain only with a mic-and-cord.

I didn't even play the first P4A.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mcfart

Man I haven't played Persona in so long that I read her name as "rise" (rising up)

They've milked P4 so fucking much that I don't even care about it anymore

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@mcfart said:

It's rapidly approaching there, isn't it. I wonder how much of this has to do with their recent acquisition.

As for Rise... I don't like it. It feels forced. Hopefully they can find a way to make it work, but I remain skeptical. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of person Ken grew into, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking_funeral: I imagine they were working on a lot of this stuff before the acquisition unless you mean they started this stuff because of Index financial problems.

And Rise is a lover not a fighter.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

This actually makes sense because of the story while simultaneously not making sense because of the story.

See, since part of the plot is that imitations of everyone's Shadow selves are rampaging through town, then of course Rise's Shadow is back, and it could definitely fight; so you gotta make a Shadow Rise character to account for that. But since you already have Shadow Rise, it'd be a waste not to make a standard Rise character available, even if she isn't gonna fight in the story itself.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What kind of a move set will she even have? Himiko and Rise were just scanners. I'm glad though, I haven't played P4A and will probably be picking this up since I just recently finished the game for the first time.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

I'm glad though, I haven't played P4A and will probably be picking this up since I just recently finished the game for the first time.

The P4A2 story picks up from the end of P4A, so I don't know how well you'll be able to initially follow the story because of that. Maybe they'll have a good enough recap.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

SOOOOO HYYYYYYPE!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While I'm slightly disappointed they went with Rise over Adachi or Koromaru, I'm still really looking forward to this. I wonder if Fuuka will play a bigger role in this one.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 jeanluc  Staff
@lyisa said:

@viking_funeral: I imagine they were working on a lot of this stuff before the acquisition unless you mean they started this stuff because of Index financial problems.

I see what you did there.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12 rmanthorp  Moderator

Can't wait to see future Ken.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13 jeanluc  Staff

@mcfart said:

It's rapidly approaching there, isn't it. I wonder how much of this has to do with their recent acquisition.

I doubt this game specifically has much to do with the acquisition. Persona 4 Arena had already existed before they were bought and sequels to fighting games with updated characters is incredibly common.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Hmm... Since ArcSys likes to reuse moves in their games, I can at least see I-No's mic flip being one of Rise's moves.

Looking forward to the console release.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm slightly disappointed they went with Rise over Adachi or Koromaru, I'm still really looking forward to this. I wonder if Fuuka will play a bigger role in this one.

Tch, didn't even think about Adachi. Now that would be a really good inclusion.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She had better have a move that involves dropping a giant mic on somebody. Or something along those lines.

Or, you know, she could just fight by swinging a mic on a cord, like a ball-and-chain only with a mic-and-cord.

I didn't even play the first P4A.

Like GZA in Wu-Tang: Taste The Pain/Shaolin Style?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still Persona 4Arena, after all. Makes sense to throw her into the mix.

Interested in seeing how she plays. Someone with a lot of defensive or "indirect" abilities could be a fun addition to the roster.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@smokeyd123: Adachi was at the end of one of the trailers so i dont see how hes not in the game

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

Tch, didn't even think about Adachi. Now that would be a really good inclusion.

Since Adachi has story presence in this game, I still expect to see him show up as a character. Holdin' out hope, anyway.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ch3burashka

@mcfart said:

Man I haven't played Persona in so long that I read her name as "rise" (rising up)

Don't you fret - the dancing game and the dungeon crawler will drag you back in.

It does feel like they're squeezing everything they can out of the P4 franchise, but I'm legitimately interested in Persona Q - it's made by the Ettryian Oddysey(?) guys, but apparently it doesn't feature robust map-making functionality, so I don't know what to think or expect.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkenon: Come on man! Adachi will be console exclusive! You need to save the best for last.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Niceanims

I'm in. Adachi, Shadow Charlie, fightin' Rise, it's just-- I'm in.

And in regards to milking the franchise, yeah, they're doing it, but I haven't gotten tired of it yet. Putting out a bunch of spinoffs and a remake doesn't drain much outta me. They haven't hit saturation point with me yet. I think at some point I'd like a return to jrpg form with P4 characters to cap it all off, but that raises its own problems.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: Yeah, I figure it's not lost on them that Adachi's one of (if not the) most yearned-for character. It'd be very weird if they went as far as teasing him, adding him to the story, but stopping before making him playable. He's gotta be in.

Or he'll be DLC. Wah, wah.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@fluxwavez: I'm going to say I don't know since I don't really know that kind of stuff. I'm only speculating on that one famitsu pic alone.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn said:

Hmm... Since ArcSys likes to reuse moves in their games, I can at least see I-No's mic flip being one of Rise's moves.

Is it possible to adapt the same animation for a completely different 3D model, based on how they operate with creating their characters?

I'd be somewhat surprised if that were the case, since I'd think their technology/procedures would've changed from the Guilty Gear days. Still, even if it's not by importing the same assets, they've proven to be fond of basing new animations on old ones. Some of Yu's moves are identical to Ky Kiske's, for instance.

Rise using mic-based attacks would be the best shit, either way.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigjeffrey

Fuck Ken, the dog has probably died already.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I figure it's not lost on them that Adachi's one of (if not the) most yearned-for character. It'd be very weird if they went as far as teasing him, adding him to the story, but stopping before making him playable. He's gotta be in.

He'll be playable after Jubei and Saya in Blazblue.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mcfart said:

Considering every game that has been associated with P4 has been great so far, I don't see the problem. I don't understand when people say "urgh they've used this franchise so much, blah blah blah." Every game has been unique and fun. RPG, Fighting Game, Dancing Game etc...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By toowalrus

@mcfart said:

Considering every game that has been associated with P4 has been great so far, I don't see the problem. I don't understand when people say "urgh they've used this franchise so much, blah blah blah." Every game has been unique and fun. RPG, Fighting Game, Dancing Game etc...

That's pretty much how I feel, I'm still in love with the characters from both games. Uh... not literally, or anything.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mcfart

@liquidprince said:

@mcfart said:

I didn't really like Persona 4 arena. The visual novel sections were lame. After Golden and its epilogue they kind of wrapped everything up for that cast imo. Now they're just a typical anime cast.

Also Eternian Oddissy seems intimidating (seems very much like classic grindy JRPGS), but I might be down for the dancing game if it's stupid enough

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

What? Okay. Sure. Let's be real: at this point this game is raw, 100% pure uncut cocaine fanservice. Why wouldn't you just put Rise in your fighting game sequel?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By nightriff

Her special must be calling her opponent Senpai over and over again until there head explodes, calling it.

While I like Rise, I will always be on team Yukiko and I'm weird like that, I attach myself to several characters and stick with them forever, especially in fighting games. I will only play as Fulgor in Killer Instincts as an example, won't touch any other character.

EDIT: Also random question if someone could answer it, I haven't played P4A yet but plan to this year, how should I approach the game? As I just said I tend to stick with a few characters and only play as them (which would be Yukiko and Kanji) but if I remember correctly they all have different story careers...or something? Essentially I'm asking will I need to beat the game with every character for the story or playing it with Charlie once will serve that purpose?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@nightriff said:

EDIT: Also random question if someone could answer it, I haven't played P4A yet but plan to this year, how should I approach the game? As I just said I tend to stick with a few characters and only play as them (which would be Yukiko and Kanji) but if I remember correctly they all have different story careers...or something? Essentially I'm asking will I need to beat the game with every character for the story or playing it with Charlie once will serve that purpose?

P4A's is a 20-25 hour story mode with 90% reading and 10% battles, with battles being ridiculously simplistic on the easiest difficulty setting for beginners. To experience all it has to offer, which means what P4AU will directly follow, you would need to play across several of the characters' chapters, which do have a lot of redundancy. This is required not only to fill in details of the story from different character perspectives, but is also required to unlock certain story modes like Labrys' which explains her backstory, Elizabeth's which is probably essential for P4AU and also to unlock the ability to see character chapter epilogues (as they all end on a cliffhanger until you finish Labrys' story mode).

New Details

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will launch for PlayStation 3 in Japan on August 28 for 6,980 yen, this week’s Famitsu reveals.

First-print copies will include an additional scenario downloadable content set.

As leaked earlier, Rise Kujikawa, who acted as navigator in the first game, will be playable in the fighting game sequel. A Shadow version of Rise will also appear.

A new “Golden Arena Mode” has also been added. A battle tournament incorporating RPG elements, players will be able to raise their levels, learn over 150 skills, customize their favorite characters, and build Social Links with the navigator character.

This mode will also be implemented in the arcade version at the end of April.

Outside of the new mode, it appears the story for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax might tie in with that of Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/04/persona-4-arena-ultimax-hits-ps3-japan-august-28#x08J3OqVlCdMKxqQ.99

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where adachi. That is all I want . Ken was lame.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: If I'm reading this right, "Golden Arena Mode" is basically Blazblue's Abyss mode but with social linking?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: If I'm reading this right, "Golden Arena Mode" is basically Blazblue's Abyss mode but with social linking?

Yeah, that seems right.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bocam

@fluxwavez: @nightriff: Or if reading a visual novel isn't your thing, there's always the manga adaptation (the artist draws great reaction faces).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't care who they add to the roster, just don't make us folk in the UK/EU have to wait a year before we can get the game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@bocam: The manga's story is missing essential elements of P4A's narrative, though. Like, Elizabeth isn't involved in it at all.

@sunbrozak said:

I don't care who they add to the roster, just don't make us folk in the UK/EU have to wait a year before we can get the game.

Unfortunately, region locking might happen because the JPN release is August 28 and the NA release is September 16, which are pretty close together. Here's to hoping it doesn't come to that agian.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: Her story is pretty self contained so I could see why they would've cut it. But after reading the final chapter it seems the manga also cut any hints of the Malevolent Entity. Also I'm pretty sure region locking won't happen as the cost difference between the two versions is smaller (It would actually cost me more money to import an english copy to japan than just buying a japanese copy) due to the yen losing its value

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyisa said:

Sometimes we must fight for the ones we love.

Loading Video...

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sunbrozak said:

Unfortunately, region locking might happen because the JPN release is August 28 and the NA release is September 16, which are pretty close together. Here's to hoping it doesn't come to that agian.

At the very least, they could treat it the same way as they did with Chrono Phantasma, giving us a digital-only release not long after the US release. I'd be satisfied with that.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BradBrains

thanks for the scans. seems intersting

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FluxWaveZ

And the ad:

No Caption Provided

Also, this one shows off some of Golden Arena Mode:

No Caption Provided

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Looks like she has a Soul Satellite / Ouroboros thing going, I'll probably be terrible with her.

Still gonna main her though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Of course one of her supers is slapping the hell out of her opponent.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First-print copies will include an additional scenario downloadable content set.

What's that supposed to be? Like an extra chapter in the story?