FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided

From the usual Famitsu leaks, it's been confirmed that Adachi will be a playable character in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. He'll be DLC included with first-print copies of the game in Japan, he'll be using his Persona Magatsu Izanagi and he'll have his own story episode dubbed "Episode Adachi."

Gematsu

As people expected, the "Coming Soon" slot on the P4U2 character page actually did mean something. He might not be the last character introduced to the game, either.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Do I get to kill "Bitches and Whores"?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

As people expected, the "Coming Soon" slot on the P4U2 character page actually did mean something. He might not be the last character introduced to the game, either.

Except you, apparently. :P

It has not been implied that Adachi will be playable.

You are also looking too deeply into an element of a non-final character select screen that might be purely aesthetic.

The only real evidence of there potentially being another new character is the remaining "Coming Soon" character slot on the character page of the official website, but that might be replaced with the update next week. This is based off of too many assumptions to come to any reasonable conclusion.

Also, SEES doesn't exist anymore. They're the Shadow Operatives.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@hailinel said:

The only real evidence of there potentially being another new character is the remaining "Coming Soon" character slot on the character page of the official website, but that might be replaced with the update next week. This is based off of too many assumptions to come to any reasonable conclusion.

Guess what? The official website was updated the next week with all of the characters in the game, but the "Coming Soon" slot remained, which meant I was convinced there was a new character incoming, along with so many others. And if you'd actually read what I said instead of trying to look deeply into my thought process, you would have seen this on the same page:

Personally, I do expect there to be at least one remaining, however. One who would be crucial to P4AU's story.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

How many cabbage-based attacks does he have?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Guess what? The official website was updated the next week with all of the characters in the game, but the "Coming Soon" slot remained, which meant I was convinced there was a new character incoming, along with so many others.

You can't really say that someone has been looking too deeply into something if it turns out that they're correct.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@hailinel said:

You can't really say that someone has been looking too deeply into something if it turns out that they're correct.

Yes I can, because I did.

@hailinel said:
OK, true. But your tone in that thread came off as condescending, and your attempt to squash fun speculation turned out to be pointless. Here you are now, posting a thread regarding a fact you frowned at people for previously guessing.

Look, I'm not sure what your problem is, but: I was not being condescending; I was not attempting to squash fun speculation.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Yes I can, because I did.

OK, true. But your tone in that thread came off as condescending, and your attempt to squash fun speculation turned out to be pointless. Here you are now, posting a thread regarding a fact you frowned at people for previously guessing.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aw ya.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Superkenon

@hailinel: @fluxwavez: Please don't fight, mommy and daddy. I love you both the same!!

Anyway, glad to finally have this confirmed. There was no way he wasn't going to be playable, since... why would they go through all the trouble of creating a story contrivance for him to be part of the action again, only to keep him as an NPC? Still, that they went so long without formalizing it was enough to make me wonder.

That was a pretty long tease, Atlus!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Today is a truly glorious day

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Man, I really can't get into most fighting games, but they're making a strong push here.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrfluke

fuck yes adachi

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay. He was really the last persona 4 character that needs to be in it.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By nightriff
@darkstalker said:

Yay. He was really the last persona 4 character that needs to be in it.

Wait, is Nanako and Dojima playable? Game of the fucking year!

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news is bitchin.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Man, this thread took an unexpected turn.

Yeah fighting games?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

For the life of me I can't remember what happened to Adachi at the end of Persona 4. He was still alive? Maybe it's been too long since I played that game.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By bigjeffrey
@hunter5024 said:

For the life of me I can't remember what happened to Adachi at the end of Persona 4. He was still alive? Maybe it's been too long since I played that game.

Isn't he in jail?

Put in as DLC. Screw your cannon shit.

No Caption Provided

risenreaper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue hue. MAI PREDICKSHUNZ!!!!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024 said:

Isn't he in jail?

Put in as DLC. Screw your cannon shit.

No Caption Provided

what you wrote is correct. unless the prologue in golden said different because i never finished that.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@bigjeffrey said:
@hunter5024 said:

Isn't he in jail?

He's alive. Also, it doesn't really matter if he was put in jail, because the residents of Inaba have vanished and he could just summon his Persona to break out since the TV world has merged with the real one. Only question there is why he still has his suit, but he might have just gone home to get it or whatever.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#24  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Guess who I will try to make my main before remembering that I'm bad at ArcSys fighting games?

NIveous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently his title is something like "The Egomaniac Cabbage Detective"

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Adachi is the original Men's Rights Activist. Except infinitely more likable.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in what his story is. I REALLY hope he isn't just going to be a villain again, since at the end of Persona 4 (assuming you got the true ending), you get a letter from him which basically says how he is remorseful for what he has done, and that he wanted to help you out - hell, his letter alone is the reason you even figure out who Izanami is.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@random45: Given what we know of him, since he's present in the game's arcade mode story scenes, he seems to be a good guy, because he's warning other characters against doing things that might further harm the status of the world and he has no affiliation with Sho.

No Caption Provided

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By Yummylee

@random45 said:

I'm interested in what his story is. I REALLY hope he isn't just going to be a villain again, since at the end of Persona 4 (assuming you got the true ending), you get a letter from him which basically says how he is remorseful for what he has done, and that he wanted to help you out - hell, his letter alone is the reason you even figure out who Izanami is.

...Really? That kinda sucks. Not every villain has to redeem themselves, and it always feels as if a villain has to then turn a new leaf otherwise they're labelled a one-dimensional character. Which, sure, certain characters redeeming themselves indeed can turn them into complicated individuals with a lot of layers to them, if of course it all adds up and their redemption makes sense. Adachi, however, always just seemed like some pathetic sociopath, so for him to be all remorseful... well, I'm disappointed.

Which is strange because I haven't even played P4 and have only watched the ER, nor have I played P4: Arena and I likely won't play this one... So it's admittedly rather weird why I felt compelled to respond. I dunno, I think that's something that I've had on my mind for a while concerning villains.

...Bitches.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By damodar

Great news! Here's to hoping he has an attack where he hits you with his shopping bags. Or every single normal is that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By Yummylee
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@yummylee: Yeah. I was kind of elaborating on a point you had that didn't really need to be discussed, since there's nothing wrong there. I guess all I'd say now is that I also think there is value in an antagonist like him experiencing a change of heart at the end of the road, but also maintaining some fundamental aspects that are hopefully kept in P4AU.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His change of heart at the end wasn't entirely deserved, so I kinda hope he's not just straight up a good guy. Then again, I didn't think his change into "creepy raper guy" was entirely deserved either, so I don't really know what I want from him.

Just give me Dojima and I won't care.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat screenshot

For fuck's sake, ARC System Works. Why do have to make the two most incredible games you've ever developed (this and GG Xrd) come out when I'm stuck in school, doing and learning things that will greatly benefit me when I'm older and are highly important instead of wasting my life playing the greatest things to ever happen to fighting games?

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

Fuck yes. I've been waiting for this.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Looking pretty great so far.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think he needs to be a straight up villian but he should be a narcissistic asshole at least. good guy or not.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Few more pics from the Famitsu magazine:

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ken looks kinda like Yukari. I kinda feel bad for the people who are planning to play/haven't finished P4 who are gonna realize Adachi is all "Bitches and Whores" through this news. Then again, statutes of limitations and all that has kinda been officially set by ATLUS due to them releasing this news publicly.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superkenon

@random45: @yummylee: I didn't interpret his letter as particularly remorseful, myself. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but the closest he came to an apology was something like "well, you beat me, so I guess I'll abide by your rules." More of a "welp, whatever happens is your responsibility now" kind of thing. Didn't get the impression that he suddenly decided what he did was wrong or anything.

The rest of the letter was to tell you what he knew about how this whole Persona thing started, which granted, was helpful, but I took it to mean he was just curious about it himself. He was passing on info to someone who could still get to the bottom of it, since he was stuck in prison. Not necessarily a redemptive action, just... the only thing left on his mind.

Could also argue he realized he was being played for a puppet, and was salty enough about it that he wanted to sick the Investigation Team on whoever was pulling the strings.

I feel like it's safe to say he's not going to be full-on good-guy, either way. Anti-hero at most, I'd say. At the end of the day, he's still a murderer, and looking at that art, they're still keen on making him a tad psycho.

Bitches.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, we can put those bitches and whores in their proper place. I'm super excited about this game now. September is too far away.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Few more:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: All the hype. Thanks for scooping up all these screens!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

September is so far away.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

He looks even more mental than he did when he was evil

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This all looks fantastic.

You know, I had no reason to expect it, but I was hoping the returning Persona 3 crew would be wearing different clothes. I've never really been a fan of Mitsuru's goofy catsuit/fur coat combo.

Melanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Melanon

He looks fabulous. I'm thirsty enough to pay those Arc System Works DLC prices.