Can you play through Story Mode without spoiling the earlier games? (minor series spoilers)

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By onan

I got halfway through P4 Golden before putting it down for stupid reasons, but absolutely loved it. I am vaguely aware of who the killer is. Not exactly sure where I am in the story, but it's after the camping trip and before Naoto joins (I'm assuming she joins at some point).

I did not play either P4: Arena or P4: Ultimax (Is Ultimax a full sequel, plotwise, to P4 Arena, or is it just an expanded story mode?), but bought both in anticipation of beating P4:Golden. (Yeah, I know.)

I just plowed through all of the Free Dance songs in P4: Dancing All Night, and am at the point where I can't get any more achievements, two characters aren't unlocked in the store for costumes and accessories, and one is completely missing (I need to play through story for the unlock).

If I played through the P4:DAN story mode, would it ruin plot from the earlier games?

I'm considering just buttoning through all of the story beats with the visual novel skip function and keeping my eyes closed or something and just coming back to it later.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure you're fine. I've been playing through the Story Mode on and off for the last week and can't think of anything too spoilery to P4, some talk of shadow's, but nothing comes to mind in regards to the ending of P4 other than "You won!".

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llamaegg said:

I'm pretty sure you're fine. I've been playing through the Story Mode on and off for the last week and can't think of anything too spoilery to P4, some talk of shadow's, but nothing comes to mind in regards to the ending of P4 other than "You won!".

You are a saint. Thanks!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@onan: There's some spoilers involving Teddie if you don't know his secret yet, and one of the DLCs does basically spoil who the killer is (mostly because they're not even pretending to hide it anymore), but other than that I think you're fine.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onan

@zeik: @l1ghtn1n: Very good to know, thanks!

I started playing and I just finished the first real combat sequence. It makes all that free play stuff seem way more dire.

The Naoto and Teddy stuff is hard to avoid even if you look at fan art and media. I'm still at the point in P4G that they're being coy about Naoto but that's pretty obvious too.

I haven't really looked at the DLC thoroughly, just went there to grab anything free. Don't tell me... Is Hatsune Miku the killer this time?! Damn. I knew it.