#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I think the first thread I made's giving out a 404 error because the wiki page it was linked to got deleted, so I'm making this one for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

http://p-atlus.jp/p4d/

Details:

Atlus has announced Persona 4: Dancing All Night, a “sound action” game for PS Vita in development at Hatsune Miku developer Dingo for a fall 2014 release in Japan.

The story is set half a year after Persona 4, when Rise Kujikawa returns to the world of show business. Rumors begin spreading of a mysterious video on a certain website, which watched at midnight transports viewers to the “other side,” never to awaken again. And members of Rise’s idol group “Kanamin Kitchen” start to disappear.

Persona 4 characters like Yu Narukami and Rise, as well as new junior idol character Kanami Mashita, are confirmed to appear as players “Battle Dance” against shadows in a mysterious world known as the “Mayonaka Stage.”

So I just found out that the game will have a story to it and that it sounds pretty ridiculous.

I don't like Yu's dancing; it looks awkward as hell. The announcer in that video is also... weird. I'm interested in this, though, because it's Persona, I like rhythm games and Persona has good music.

#2 Edited by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

I don't like Yu's dancing; it looks awkward as hell. The announcer in that video is also... weird. I'm interested in this, though, because it's Persona, I like rhythm games and Persona has good music.

Yu dances about as well as I would expect him to dance. :P The story is certainly an interesting way to put Rise more front and center, though. In any case,a Persona 4 rhythm game is something I'm down for.

Also, that trailer narrator is amazing.

#3 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I could watch this trailer forever. That announcer is so into it.

"WOW this smile is MEGITURARUTIER!!"

I guess I really have to buy a Vita now...

#4 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

Considering Neptune PP is getting a western release...

#5 Edited by afabs515 (1003 posts) -

I couldnt even watch this trailer all the way through. I felt ashamed watching it. Chibi Charlie is okay. Dancing Charlie without funky student? Not so much

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

Project Diva F and this on Vita all in one year? Rhythm games are far from dead!

#7 Posted by Zeik (2193 posts) -

The announcer is the best part of that trailer.

#8 Posted by Buneroid (427 posts) -

@afabs515 said:

I couldnt even watch this trailer all the way through. I felt ashamed watching it. Chibi Charlie is okay. Dancing Charlie without funky student? Not so much

Where is Funky Student!?

#9 Posted by Milkman (16483 posts) -

Is it wrong that I get legitimately annoyed when people call Charlie Yu?

#10 Posted by slyspider (1133 posts) -

Wow. And people said there is no reason to get a vita...

#11 Edited by SunBroZak (981 posts) -

I would have much rather had Persona Q on my Vita, but whatever, maybe this will be good? Maybe?

#12 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@milkman said:

Is it wrong that I get legitimately annoyed when people call Charlie Yu?

I only get annoyed at people who get annoyed at people who call him Charlie. And that's no typo.

#13 Posted by punkxblaze (2948 posts) -

UNBELIEVABLE. COULD YOU IMAGINE THE STEP? IS GENIUS!

#14 Posted by afabs515 (1003 posts) -

@buneroid said:

@afabs515 said:

Where is Funky Student!?

If Funky Student isn't the MC (interpret that how you will) of this game, Atlus has missed a huge opportunity.

#15 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

#17 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Just for future reference, how do you embed tweets on the site?

Use the Insert Tweet button in the WYSIWYG editor.

#18 Posted by RecSpec (3753 posts) -

Hoping the ratio between Persona 4 music and other SMT/Persona music is decent.

#19 Posted by DeadpanCakes (776 posts) -

#20 Posted by Dethfish (3618 posts) -

Persona 4 AND Rhythm games?! It's like someone combined my two favorite things to make the best game ever.

#21 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

Rise-chaaan I need your game!

#22 Posted by siLVUR (113 posts) -

I hope it has music from the earlier Persona games.

I'd play School Days for life.

#23 Posted by TowerSixteen (542 posts) -

Hahahaha sure I'm game. I'll take this brand of crazy.

#24 Edited by White (1304 posts) -

@deadpancakes said:

@punkxblaze said:

I don't like how Charlie is constantly maintaining eye contact in that. Especially in those last few frames.

I... feel assaulted.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -

I don't like rhythm games but I kind of want to play this, good thing Vita is region free, because this is exactly the kind of localization I could see Sega not bringing over. Think they'll censor Rise upskirts?

#26 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I don't like rhythm games but I kind of want to play this, good thing Vita is region free, because this is exactly the kind of localization I could see Sega not bringing over.

They brought over Hatsune Miku and you think they wouldn't localize Persona? Of course it'll come over.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

I don't like rhythm games but I kind of want to play this, good thing Vita is region free, because this is exactly the kind of localization I could see Sega not bringing over. Think they'll censor Rise upskirts?

Atlus USA still handles localization of Atlus titles, as far as I'm aware.

#28 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -
#29 Posted by afabs515 (1003 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

Aha! Is this my chance to be the greatest dancer ever?

#30 Edited by evanomeara (79 posts) -

Looks like it plays like Elite Beat Agents and looks just stupid enough for it not to be dumb, I'm into that. Also secretly want that announcer to be in everything I play now.

#31 Edited by Dalai (6980 posts) -

The only thing Atlus has left to announce is a Persona MOBA and a Persona farming sim.

#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

I'm glad Rise and Kanami are getting along in this canonical ending to the Persona 4 story arc.

#33 Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

I just realise that most of the Japanese cast are part time singers. How would you guys feel about the cast both singing and dancing?

#34 Edited by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -

I don't know why I subtitled this too when I thought I wouldn't but I did and now I somehow know how to do karaoke effects too because I wanted to be fancy and make something of this dumb project and this is becoming a run on sentence stream of consciousness.

#35 Posted by Hunter5024 (5508 posts) -

@pepsiman: Yay! I was hoping you would. Thanks.

#36 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Dancing to Meguro is cool and all but I'd better be able to dress up Kanji, decorate his room and brush his teeth.

#37 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@pepsiman said:

I don't know why I subtitled this too when I thought I wouldn't but I did and now I somehow know how to do karaoke effects too because I wanted to be fancy and make something of this dumb project and this is becoming a run on sentence stream of consciousness.

Haha, genius. Good job, Pepsiman! Hey, at least it's consistent to sub all of the reveal trailers, right?

#38 Edited by Marokai (2790 posts) -

Megidolaon is anything but cute.

#39 Posted by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

i just noticed that Teddy is a crystal ball. This game is gonna be awesome.

#40 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Uploaded some new screens in our database from 4gamer:

Looks pretty good (still find the really involved story kinda silly).

#41 Edited by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

According to some translations this is canon and to save the day they'll have to dance. Oh my.