Well I "finished" Persona 4 golden

DarenWasteland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarenWasteland

I just got the ending where they still think it was namatame and it skips ahead 3 months to when you leave. Looking up how to get the one of the true endings agrivates me. Especially because I only used one save slot so if I want to get one of the true endings, I would have to replay the entire game. If they really want their game's best endings to be based on random s links that they don't really reveal the importance of that's fine I guess. They got my money, I enjoyed the ride and will probably buy persona 5 when it comes out. It just kills me how much of an anticlimax it was for the 65 hours I dumped into it. Especially when I compare it to persona 3's ending. Did Jeff and Vinny get the true ending in the endurance run or should I just hit up youtube. I really don't want to replay this.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Teddie

What? I don't think you can save after getting any of the bad endings, and I was definitely able to pick up again after getting the ending you got (I got it my first time through, as well). EDIT: never mind, apparently you can do a clear game save after getting the bad ending. That's really dumb, did they even give you a "Hey you should probably save clear data in another slot" notice?

The stuff tied to one of the S-links is an extra dungeon and an epilogue, both of which don't impact your ability to get the "True" ending.

And yeah, Jeff and Vinny got the true ending, but it's up in the air whether they got it without any outside information.

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I believe Jeff and Vinny did get the true ending, but it might be different from Golden? Think they got some hints to make sure they got the true ending during the endurance run.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@darenwasteland: There isn't any randomness or S.Linking to do with the true ending (well, minus the new Golden stuff which is mostly inconsequential). It solely has to do with the choices you make in Namatame's hospital room (which are a bit arbitrary, admittedly, but make sense), your choice of the "true" killer, and a few small events at the very end. It sucks that you would have to replay the game to see these endings, but they give you multiple save slots for a reason.

Jeff and Vinny did get the true ending in the endurance run if you want to view it there (although it adds quite a bit of extra time, including more dungeons, so it would be quite a watch). You can just look at a wiki or watch a cutscene gallery off Youtube or something if you want it quickly.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@darenwasteland: The ending has nothing to do with what S-Links you've done. And now that you've got some leveled up personas you could walk through NG+ on Very Easy pretty quickly. It took me around 32 hours I think, but that was a max social link + all books read run. I'd say wait seven or eight months and start over then. You'll probably want to replay it just before the release of Persona 5.

DarenWasteland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarenWasteland

@mosespippy: maybe thats kinda how I've been playing persona 3 and 4 anyway. Just go and go till I get sick of it then pick it up a month or two later. When ryoji left in persona 3, I must have dropped that game for 6 months before finally finishing it.

I do really love the persona games, but the pacing is mega fucked.

In the mean time, I still have P4U to play through.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Lol I also got that one too. It sucked. But like @teddie said, I believe you can continue with the same save.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By l4wd0g

Unless you really want a trophy or something, there is always YouTube

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I got the "good" ending but not the true one and did the same thing and saved over my file for NG+ without thinking about it. I thought the "true" ending would be linked to the social links, not to me pressing making a choice right at the very end of the game. I was a little peeved at first but I knew that there was more content in the NG+ mode anyway so it's no biggie, gives me another reason to play through it again.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Uhh you just chose a few wrong choices in the last big scene. Just reload and try again. I think Golden even tells you to do so.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@darenwasteland: Shit, just thought of something. Do you happen to have your save files auto upload to the cloud? If it hasn't updated already you could grab the old file.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the good ending after a few tries, then saved over my file and only later found out there was a true "epilogue" ending. Luckily I did have more than one save slot, but yeah, the descision to have multiple endings in that series seems super arbetrary and lame. I mean the bad endings are pretty much all decided by one or two dialogue options that are almost identical to one another. I kind of hope they make a game more limited in scope with Persona 5 since that would allow them to have a protagonist who is more than a cipher.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understand how people can miss the good ending. The game keeps saying "Maybe we're missing something here...". I feel like the game was screaming at me "HEY ARE YOU SURE THIS DUDE IS THE REAL KILLER? ARE YOU REALLY, REALLY SURE?! COS MAYBE HE ISN'T!"

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

You can watch the ER if you want to see the True Ending, although bear in mind that obviously doesn't have the additional Golden stuff. In particular, there is an additional dungeon which can be accessed if you have maxed Marie's social link and it's one of the most fun in the entire game IMO.

The way they handle the 'good/bad' cutscene with having to nail all those choices is a little silly (although they point you fairly well in the right direction) but the real lesson here is probably, "Don't ever use only one save slot for any game which allows you to have multiples." (Why would you do that c'mon just have 2-3 rolling saves...)

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@y2ken: I hated Marie's dungeon. Though the boss battle music was the best though.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understand how people can miss the good ending. The game keeps saying "Maybe we're missing something here...". I feel like the game was screaming at me "HEY ARE YOU SURE THIS DUDE IS THE REAL KILLER? ARE YOU REALLY, REALLY SURE?! COS MAYBE HE ISN'T!"

There is a specific choice at the hospital, where two dialouge options are almost identical, just a bit different en tone. If you pick one, the crew leaves without having found the "real" killer, if you pick the other one they stay in the hospital room, continuing to discuss the case.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By planetfunksquad

Eh, maybe I just got lucky then. I just felt entirely in control and that it wasn't random. @civid

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giant_Gamer

It's exactly as @mcfart have mentioned. There's a warning message that tells you that it's better to save now since you have a story changing sequence ahead and at the bottom there's a yes and no option to save. I remember this clearly since i replayed the hell of that sequence thinking that there is a third ending too. I would've love that.

Pro tip: there's a bad ending too so i recommend checking a walk-through to see what's necessary to see all endings in one run