I guess we know what became of "Persona 3DS" from E3 2010

• 53 results
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Remember when a "Persona 3DS" game was randomly announced at the 3DS unveiling? We've had a wiki page for years and I believe that one got deleted last year because vaporware. I guess it wasn't.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ
SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'm way more on board with this now that I know Persona 5 is coming. Even that Austin Powers font. Shagadelic.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm super pumped for this. More so than for Persona 5 (fuck that PS3 exclusivity). I loved Persona 3, and the dungeon-crawling aspect of the game was definitely my favorite part. The relationships stuff was OK, but I loved fighting my way through the dungeons. Give me more of that on 3DS and I'll be the happiest guy on Earth.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way more excited for this now that we know P5 is coming as well (even though I guess we knew that anyway).

I'm guessing this is non canon, though.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463

Looks neat, but as always I'm sad to see this game on a handheld. Those tiny screens don't do games justice. Would love to see these games come to PC or a console.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

This is weird but I'm on board.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Same here. Unexpected, but I love the idea.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

wish it had persona 2 characters :(

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Even that Austin Powers font.

Looked more like a Scooby Doo font from where I was standing.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spunkyhepanda said:

Even that Austin Powers font.

Looked more like a Scooby Doo font from where I was standing.

Thought the same thing!

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@hailinel said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Indeed. I can't tell if it's awesome or if we're all just cheap dates.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By EuanDewar

So can someone tell me if i've got this game down right: Is it the same gameplay and relationship stuff as P3 and P4 but with more of a chibi art style and a combination of the characters from those two games? Or is there something else to it?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Indeed. I can't tell if it's awesome or if we're all just cheap dates.

Hey, it's Persona via Etrian Odyssey. That's two great tastes that should taste great together.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: That was my exact thought. I'll never say no to Persona, I'll never say no to Etrian Odyssey. I feel like I'm being insidiously targeted by the combination thereof.

YOU KNOW ME TOO WELL, ATLUS

TAKE MY HEART

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexGBRO

@euandewar: hard to say just from one trailer in JP

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, we get Persona 5 and a Persona 3/4 Sequel. ATLUS is the best!

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So can someone tell me if i've got this game down right: Is it the same gameplay and relationship stuff as P3 and P4 but with more of a chibi art style and a combination of the characters from those two games? Or is there something else to it?

So far it seems like it'll be an Etrian Odyssey style dungeon crawler. Judging from the plot synopsis there probably won't be social link stuff.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will likely be a combination of Persona and Etrian Odyssey dungeon exploration and combat mechanics. Persona 3/4-style social elements aren't depicted in the trailer, so there might be some social aspect not yet revealed, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's also non-canon as hell, what with the entire S.E.E.S. roster alive and still in high school while interacting with the Investigation Team.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexgbro: I know I get that I just mean from what we have so far. Just wanna know im not completely misinterpreting it

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By beforet

I was really not on board with this, then I learned that Persona 5 is announced and has a (Japanese) release date, so I feel much better about all of this.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EuanDewar

@hailinel: Aight cool. I've never played Etrian Odyssey but Im excited! now just need to get my hands on a bloody 3DS

Monty_vaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Monty_vaca

The full stream showed a little more gameplay than just the trailer above if you want to go find an archived version. The only other interesting thing I remember from it was the there were clear shots of the dungeon crawling and it was from the first person pov a la Etrian Odyssey and Persona 1/other SMT games.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwhom

I'll play this but where the fuck is my corgi

edit

oh there he is

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beforet said:

I was really not on board with this, then I learned that Persona 5 is announced and has a (Japanese) release date, so I feel much better about all of this.

My feelings exactly. Chibi Charlie is alright now that a serious P5 is a certainty

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it looks like it is mostly dungeon crawler stuff with first person style combat a la Etrian Odyssey. As for interactions. We know already that there will be some interactions with your party members but I doubt it will be as complex and deep as the social link stuff. Focus is definitely the EO style battle

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hailinel

@afabs515 said:

@beforet said:

My feelings exactly. Chibi Charlie is alright now that a serious P5 is a certainty

The amount of rage people had toward this game in the livestream thread just because it isn't Persona 5 was hysterical.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hailinel said:

@afabs515 said:

@beforet said:

The amount of rage people had toward this game in the livestream thread just because it isn't Persona 5 was hysterical.

Kind of understandable though right? If there was no P5 announced after all this... come on. Still funny though yes.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hailinel

@buneroid said:

@hailinel said:

@afabs515 said:

@beforet said:

Kind of understandable though right? If there was no P5 announced after all this... come on. Still funny though yes.

Given the amount of effort, it would have been silly to not say anything regarding Persona 5, but even so, the reactions in here were amazing.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Says persona in the name? Take my money.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only issue is them constantly remixing 3 and 4. I had no issue with the fighting game because it was something new. And this is something new, not the same game from 07 with a new character and 3 new bosses or some bullshit. Im all about this here.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

I'm super pumped for this. More so than for Persona 5 (fuck that PS3 exclusivity). I loved Persona 3, and the dungeon-crawling aspect of the game was definitely my favorite part. The relationships stuff was OK, but I loved fighting my way through the dungeons. Give me more of that on 3DS and I'll be the happiest guy on Earth.

Well isn't this 3ds exclusivity?

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: smt went on nintendo once and all of a sudden fuck ps3 exclusives? Considering all but 2 games from Atlus's main franchise are all on playstation. I don't know why p5 on ps3 is such a shock to some people.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: smt went on nintendo once and all of a sudden fuck ps3 exclusives? Considering all but 2 games from Atlus's main franchise are all on playstation. I don't know why p5 on ps3 is such a shock to some people.

I think people had this weird mentality that, because Catherine and P4A were on PS3 and 360, that Persona 5 would also be on 360, at the very least.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't understand what this is exactly. I suppose I'll go rewatch those Etrian Odyssey quick looks?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An Etrian Odyssey-esque dungeon crawler with Persona flair? I can handle that.

If it has some personal daily stuff outside of the dungeons, that would be quite nice, as well.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Get more excited every time I watch the trailer.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Atlus wouldn't make so many games trading off of P3 and P4 nostalgia. Really wish this had been an original game, instead of doing more of this crossover nonsense. Was Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem not enough non-canon random fanfic? Do we really need more?

Fucking Japan and their crossovers these days.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wish Atlus wouldn't make so many games trading off of P3 and P4 nostalgia. Really wish this had been an original game, instead of doing more of this crossover nonsense. Was Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem not enough non-canon random fanfic? Do we really need more?

1000 years of Persona 4.

From my totally uninformed perspective, I believe that these games will be the last batch feeding off of the P4 fame. P4A-2 should wrap up some loose ends story-wise, Persona Q is more fanservice, and Dancing All Night is a rhythm game (the only thing they can do after that is a Kart Racer).

Unless Atlus feels like stunting some of P5's forward momentum, they'll cut back on the P3/P4 lovin' once Persona 5 hits the shelves. After that, the only peep we should hear from the P3 camp should be related to the movies coming out.

Then again, I can see the topics now: "I fucking hate (Persona 5 Character)! (Persona 3/4 Character not named Ken Amada) is totally better!"

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By McShank

This game to me is sexy time while p5 when it comes out will be sexy time 3 way. Nough said.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel

They aren't really trading off of nostalgia that much, though. Aside from the remakes P3 and P4 have gotten, we've had a canon sequel fighting game (soon to be followed by another that closes that storyline), this game, which appears to be non-canon in a way that allows the P3 Tartarus-exploring-era and P4 casts to interact, and a P4 rhythm game that gives Rise more to do than just stand in the back and shout advice every turn of battle. Persona 5 will in all likelihood be an all-new playable cast with maybe a a cameo or supporting role from an existing character in some capacity. But that wouldn't be any different from the characters that carried over from P1 to P2, or for those that carried over to P3 in references that you have to actively hunt for.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

But that wouldn't be any different from the characters that carried over from P1 to P2, or for those that carried over to P3 in references that you have to actively hunt for.

Yep, those are some subtle references.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

But that wouldn't be any different from the characters that carried over from P1 to P2, or for those that carried over to P3 in references that you have to actively hunt for.

"Maya" and "Tatsuya" as avatar names were not in the Japanese version.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel:

That doesn't make them hard to find, at least in the English version.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel:

That doesn't make them hard to find, at least in the English version.

It means that those particular references were only inserted because of the belief that the Japanese character references wouldn't necessarily be caught by many western players.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

It doesn't look like anybody's jumped the gun on subtitling the trailer, so I thought I'd file away a quick one myself. Everyone in here probably knows everything there is to know about the game at this stage, but I wanted to do it anyway since I was seeing some minor bits of misinformation here and there. Like with the Persona 4 Arena 2 trailer I posted earlier, enjoy reading what you already know!

Loading Video...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By AndrewB
@hailinel said:
...and a P4 rhythm game that gives Rise more to do than just stand in the back and shout advice every turn of battle.

Actually, that concept could totally be integrated into a Persona 4 - dance as Rise between turns in battle (and for her entire midnight channel run)!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised by how much I don't hate the art style.

I hope all the new persona games are us releases day one.