#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

Trailer just went up. Yeah, it's coming out in fall 2014 just like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

#2 Edited by mosespippy (4183 posts) -

Now I need to buy a 3DS. Congratulations Nintendo, I will finally own one of your products for the first time.

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11739 posts) -

Personetrian Odyssey might be a game I would be interested in. This is good.

#4 Posted by Atwa (620 posts) -

God damn I am excited. Etrian Odyssey is awesome, and that coupled with some Persona craziness could be great.

#5 Edited by believer258 (11911 posts) -

@mosespippy: You mean Etrian Odyssey wasn't good enough!?

Everything I've heard about this game makes it sound like an EO game with a Persona skin. Hopefully that's exactly what it is.

#6 Posted by smcn (926 posts) -

That song is very close to the battle theme from the first Persona.

#7 Edited by mosespippy (4183 posts) -

@believer258: I've never had a reason to buy a DS because I could borrow my brother in law's for months at a time. He had a DS and I had a PSP. He works on an oil tanker and is at sea for two months at a time. Sometimes he'd bring his DS, other times he'd take my PSP and leave me his DS. I've played a good chunk of the DS library as a result.

#8 Posted by TheBlue (370 posts) -

I've never played Etrian Odyssey so I don't really know what they mean by dungeon crawler in that style, but HELL YES, that's way sooner than I expected.

#9 Posted by Zeik (2440 posts) -

I still don't know what to think of this game. I like Persona, and I like Etrian Odyssey, but I'm not so sure this will scratch either itch.

#10 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1072 posts) -

@theblue said:

I've never played Etrian Odyssey so I don't really know what they mean by dungeon crawler in that style, but HELL YES, that's way sooner than I expected.

Try out the demos of Etrian Odyssey on the eShop. People I know have been pretty split on the gameplay but I personally really enjoyed them.

#11 Posted by futurstock (141 posts) -

ive never played a persona game but this looks cool, i like the what im seeing in the cutscenes and
the polygonal stuff looks pretty good as well.
trailer doesn't really explain to me what the game is, if its turn based, i could get into this!

#12 Posted by Zeik (2440 posts) -

ive never played a persona game but this looks cool, i like the what im seeing in the cutscenes and

the polygonal stuff looks pretty good as well.

trailer doesn't really explain to me what the game is, if its turn based, i could get into this!

It's a turn based dungeon crawler. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing whether it's first person dungeon crawling or not.

#13 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5055 posts) -

first person

#14 Edited by Chaser324 (6546 posts) -

I've always been interested in the Etrian Odyssey games, but I've never dipped into them. Add Persona into the mix though, and I have no choice but to try it out.

#15 Edited by believer258 (11911 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

@believer258: I've never had a reason to buy a DS because I could borrow my brother in law's for months at a time. He had a DS and I had a PSP. He works on an oil tanker and is at sea for two months at a time. Sometimes he'd bring his DS, other times he'd take my PSP and leave me his DS. I've played a good chunk of the DS library as a result.

I was kinda just joking (and obnoxiously plugging a game series that I really loved).

EDIT: Also, I haven't actually seen any footage of this game that is in first person. Um... is everyone certain that this is supposed to be in first person?

#16 Edited by Zeik (2440 posts) -

first person

So basically Persona 1-ish? First person dungeon crawling with third person battles?

I wonder how well that will fly with the more recent Persona fans.

#17 Edited by Generic_username (611 posts) -

Sweet. Something to help pull this Pokemon heroin needle out of my arm is very necessary for me right now.

Even though it's not going to be very Persona-like in gameplay, I'm still totally interested in seeing a story with all these characters, and it being on my handheld of choice is just another plus.

#18 Edited by MuttersomeTaxicab (668 posts) -

I am probably more excited for this than I am for P5. Not saying I'm proud of or okay with that, but I loved the shit out of the EO games that came out in 2013. Really glad the EO team is getting work and (seem) to be selling games.