#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Atlus uploaded the opening for Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, which comes out tomorrow in Japan.

#2 Posted by bigjeffrey (4821 posts) -

that OST gonna be awesome.

#3 Posted by MEATBALL (3099 posts) -

I can't wait for this game's 2016 PAL release.

#4 Edited by DeadpanCakes (822 posts) -

Lookin' alright. Still not as excited about any of these new Persona games as I thought I'd be, but still. Lookin' alright.

Also, Kanji carrying Koromaru was perfect.

#5 Posted by White (1332 posts) -

Bitchin' music, right there.

#6 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1744 posts) -

@meatball said:

I can't wait for this game's 2016 PAL release.

If we're lucky.

#7 Edited by Stealthmaster86 (632 posts) -

This is the game that would make me want a 3DS.

#8 Posted by JustKamToo (664 posts) -

This is the game that would make me want a 3DS.

And Monster hunter

#9 Posted by White (1332 posts) -

In case anyone's wondering, the song is titled "Maze of Life".

#10 Posted by 71Ranchero (2682 posts) -

All of the Engrish.

#11 Edited by afabs515 (1015 posts) -

Persona Q? More like Persona Cute <3

Edit: I wasn't sold on this game. Then I watched the video and was smiling nonstop and got the warm fuzzies inside (which does not happen like ever). They're all fucking adorable, and now I need to own the game.

#12 Edited by Hailinel (23990 posts) -

This game looks as fun as it makes me hungry for a corndog.

#13 Edited by ViciousBearMauling (898 posts) -

That was freaking adorable...

Why does Persona constantly manage to make me smile like a dummy until it hurts?

#14 Posted by Irvandus (2827 posts) -

I normally can't stand that kind of art style. Something about that opening warmed my heart though.

#15 Posted by Capum15 (4827 posts) -

Wow, that was pretty cool.

#16 Posted by Random45 (1065 posts) -

All of the Engrish.

As usual for Persona soundtracks, I didn't even realize it was supposed to be in English til you said that.

#17 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5124 posts) -

Love that they got the P3 singer and the P4 singer to duet.

#18 Posted by L1GHTN1N (439 posts) -

At this point I hardly care about how good the actual gameplay is, I'm 100% on board.

#19 Edited by hollitz (1445 posts) -

Bought my 3ds the day after this was announced. Very hyped!

#20 Posted by Nags (69 posts) -

I guess this will have to hold me over until another real Persona game :D

#21 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Opening looks and sounds great, hope we Europeans get to enjoy the game too some day :/

#22 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4646 posts) -

Was that a Japanese "Take On Me"?

#23 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (632 posts) -

I guess you haven't seen the concerts.

#24 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1063 posts) -

What's this game again? A Persona all-stars dungeon crawler?

#25 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

That looks wonderful!

#26 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5124 posts) -

@sethphotopoulos said:

I have. I mean I love that they got them to do the intro to the game that has the P3 and P4 characters together to keep with the motif. Not that I thought it was impossible for them to work together.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I have. I mean I love that they got them to do the intro to the game that has the P3 and P4 characters together to keep with the motif. Not that I thought it was impossible for them to work together.

Yeah, it's a great way to bring together both P3 and P4 musically. They're doing the same with the opening theme for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11503 posts) -

It wouldn't be Persona without some sort of engrishy anime song, so this is alright by me.

#29 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2209 posts) -

I wish the FeMC from Persona 3 Portable was in here :(

#30 Posted by punisherkaos (273 posts) -

That just filled me with pure incomprehensible joy :D

#31 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (632 posts) -

@stealthmaster86 said:

@sethphotopoulos said:

I see. I agree. I hope they do another one this year with a sneak peek of the music of Persona 5.

#32 Posted by SunBroZak (1034 posts) -

It speaks to the quality of the each game's style that it is instantly recognizable what colour palette/motif belongs to what game. I'd love to give this game a try, but I don't imagine I'll be getting a 3DS anytime soon. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be ported to the Vita.

#33 Posted by golguin (3852 posts) -

All that fanservice! Do people still believe this isn't going to be canon for Persona 5? I can already see a memory wipe coming in with that new guy and girl character retaining the memories of this event and appearing in Persona 5.

Also, god damn Atlus has some serious design chops on them. Menu UI always looks amazing and their openings are too good.

#34 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (632 posts) -

@golguin said:

All that fanservice! Do people still believe this isn't going to be canon for Persona 5? I can already see a memory wipe coming in with that new guy and girl character retaining the memories of this event and appearing in Persona 5.

Also, god damn Atlus has some serious design chops on them. Menu UI always looks amazing and their openings are too good.

Persona 5 seems that it will have brand new characters and setting.

#35 Posted by Hailinel (23990 posts) -

@golguin said:

Persona 5 seems that it will have brand new characters and setting.

I'm guessing that it will be something akind to the jump from Persona 2 to 3. It might contain oblique references to past characters and events, but don't expect anyone to show up in a predominant capacity.

#36 Edited by Omega (829 posts) -

I am all in.

I just wish it was coming this year for non Japanese speakers such as myself. Oh well I have only myself to blame for my unilingual lifestyle.

#37 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@omega said:

I am all in.

I just wish it was coming this year for non Japanese speakers such as myself. Oh well I have only myself to blame for my unilingual lifestyle.

Persona Q is launching in fall 2014 in North America. So is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. The Persona games that are launching in 2015 are Persona 4 Dancing and Persona 5.

#38 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (632 posts) -

@omega said:

I am all in.

Don't blame yourself. Blame the Region Locked 3DS.

#39 Posted by Omega (829 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Really? That's good to hear. I guess that's what I get for looking for the release date on its wiki page. Thanks for the update.