#1 Posted by Thoseposers (786 posts) -

I got this recently on GOG and holy cow this game is so bad it's good. Amazing FMV and some hilarious sexual content. The puzzles can be pretty stupid but i just want to see the reactions of the giant bomb staff. If you thought the first phantasmagoria game was funny when they showed it off i feel like this would be ten times funnier. Check out this trailer for an idea of what to expect

#2 Edited by jimmy_p (278 posts) -
#3 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1588 posts) -

:O

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@jimmy_p: This is a different game, I believe.

#5 Posted by TheRealMoot (387 posts) -

They played a different Phantasmagoria to completion.

This is the sequel?

...They need to play it.

#6 Edited by CornBREDX (5379 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: no, hes right. Spoony did it and its hilarious.

I have it on my computer and watch it occasionally, its very funny.

Edit: Oh, to be clear though, I am not against Vinny or whatever doing a play through or look at it

#7 Posted by jkz (4032 posts) -

All I can say is YES. The playthrough of that first game is still one of the best things. If only they could get Dave back for it too

#8 Posted by mlarrabee (2971 posts) -

Put this on a petition, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it. But what I won't do is play ball.

#9 Posted by Ley_Lines (253 posts) -

Yes, I would love this, there needs to be more random PC games. That is what will get me to subscribe again.

#10 Edited by TruthTellah (9151 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: no, hes right. Spoony did it and its hilarious.

I have it on my computer and watch it occasionally, its very funny.

Edit: Oh, to be clear though, I am not against Vinny or whatever doing a play through or look at it

How dare you be against Vinny or whatever playing through this!!

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6472 posts) -

Agreed. As crazy as the first game is, it's downright normal compared to the sequel.

#12 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (140 posts) -

I just played through this recently, and, yes, it is hilariously bad. Also it has even better (funnier anyway) sex scenes than the first game.

#13 Posted by MackGyver (548 posts) -

Good memories of Phantasmagoria back in the day. I wonder if we will ever see a resurgence of FMV video games.

#14 Edited by DFL017 (137 posts) -

Yes, I would love this, there needs to be more random PC games. That is what will get me to subscribe again.

Backflips n' Bioforge was essentially a random pc game and it was totally worth the subscription.

#15 Posted by CornBREDX (5379 posts) -

@truthtellah: Well, I always worry people will take things out of context... because they often do haha =P

You're right. It's silly.

#16 Posted by Ley_Lines (253 posts) -

@dfl017 said:

@ley_lines said:

Backflips n' Bioforge was essentially a random pc game and it was totally worth the subscription.

yeah, I renewed my sub last month to watch it and it was great, in fact I downloaded copies to watch whenever. I just feel that they got that huge binder of PC games and rarely ever play them.

#17 Edited by Nightriff (5096 posts) -

I want them to play it but if it ain't Vinny and Dave doing it, then I'm less interested. I've asked Dave about it on Twitter in the past and he planned on doing it at some point for a RPCG but as we can see that isn't happening anytime soon.

#18 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

I endorse this idea.

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (9151 posts) -

I want them to play it but if it ain't Vinny and Dave doing it, then I'm less interested. I've asked Dave about it on Twitter in the past and he planned on doing it at some point for a RPCG but as we can see that isn't happening anytime soon.

Would you accept Vinny and Drew?

#20 Posted by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

I'll say again that Spoonys playtrough link I posted above is in fact Phantasmagoria 2 and I encourage people to check it out. Also I agree that the staff needs to be reminded of the existence of this game asap, whoever happens to then play it

#21 Edited by Maajin (1069 posts) -

I played this as a kid and I was scared to the point of not being able to sleep. It looks SO silly now, Vinny needs to play it.

#22 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

@jimmy_p: I think you will find that the point of this thread was requesting that Vinny play through it... I do not know who this "Spoony" person is, or care that he has played this game, but having watched Vinny play the first one I'd be down for a livestream of this nonsense.

#23 Posted by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

@chavtheworld: Fine, live in your blissful ignorance. Pointing out that a brilliant playthrough of this game exists wont deteriorate the goal of this thread. Perhaps you will find that this game doesnt get much coverage on these forums, so why not discuss it in another contexts?

#24 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

@jimmy_p: I'm not saying you can't spread the word about this other playthrough, but saying "this has already been done" is incorrect and completely useless information when the discussion was that Vinny should play this.

#25 Edited by preaser (38 posts) -

does anyone know vinny or drew's twitch tv urls?

#26 Posted by Nightriff (5096 posts) -

@truthtellah: No because the first game had Dave and Vinny and it is one of the best pieces of content ever produced. As I said if it wasn't them I would be less interested, doesn't mean I wouldn't watch it but I miss Dave and hope he comes to visit and either does an RPCG of this or another Dave's Fortress.

#27 Posted by Hunter5024 (5705 posts) -

I already saw Spoony do this game, but it was so dumb that I would be happy to see the bombcrew do it too.