#1 Edited by Soniku (36 posts) -

This may have been the last strike on the Phantasy Star series coming over to other parts of the world, as SEGA West has officially announced at this time no plans whatsoever bringing Phantasy Star NOVA localized to the United States and Europe. This also means getting Phantasy Star Online 2 is in a "snowball's chance" of it ever coming out of Japan.

SEGA Addicts contacted SEGA of America about seeing NOVA having a Western release. SoA'sKellie Parker replied back, saying:

'"There are currently no plans to release Phantasy Star Nova in the western market. Should this change, we will ensure the information is shared as soon as possible."

Source: RadioSEGA

Guess I'll stop waiting and just play the Japanese version of PSO2 already... :'(

#2 Posted by BisonHero (6054 posts) -

That sounds like the same story PSO2 has been getting for a while. "No current plans to bring it to the West, blah blah blah". They still haven't confirmed they have no intention of ever bringing it here, so this doesn't seem like much of an update.

#3 Posted by EXTomar (4453 posts) -

Very disappointing and yet not surprising.

#4 Edited by csl316 (7981 posts) -

Curses!

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

It's called Nova now?

#6 Edited by Hector (3352 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

It's called Nova now?

Nova is a separate title from PSO2. It has a multiplayer component to it, but it's mostly offline.

#7 Posted by shinjin977 (743 posts) -

Welcome to sega land guys! I just thank the gods Atlus is still its own separate entity.

#8 Posted by TowerSixteen (542 posts) -

@shinjin977: My understanding is that hesitancy to localize PSO is nothing new and really can't be blamed on Sega. I wonder if the projected sale numbers are just bad- which wouldn't shock me.

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4252 posts) -

Sadly, sounds about right.

#10 Edited by BlackLagoon (1375 posts) -

The game is still in early development. It's not really surprising that they're not making plans for a western release yet.

#11 Posted by iceman228433 (572 posts) -

Looks like I need to import this one then, and wait for some one to make a guide for it.

#12 Posted by TheHT (10810 posts) -

ಠ_ಠ

#13 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1799 posts) -

:/

#14 Edited by NMC2008 (1227 posts) -

When they first announced PSO 2 I was excited as hell but sadly the game is NEVER coming out over here and when they announced this one, I already was set for it not coming over as well, what's up with Sega not bringing this shit over?

#15 Edited by shinjin977 (743 posts) -

@shinjin977: My understanding is that hesitancy to localize PSO is nothing new and really can't be blamed on Sega. I wonder if the projected sale numbers are just bad- which wouldn't shock me.

I live in asia most of the time so localization doesn't concern me but the recent Sega is nothing but a mobile/f2p company. My biggest concern is that trend rubbing off on one of the last competent (in my eyes) Japanese developer left in the field. Fortunately, it seems they intend to leave Atlus well enough alone........ for now.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

@soniku: Didn't they add English language shit just a little while ago into the Japanese version? I remember hearing something about comments on the forums saying they were still going to do the localization, so this makes me sad to hear...although not unexpected...because, ya know, Sega are fucking dickheads like that.

Nonetheless, the Japanese version is perfectly fine to play. Go download it and enjoy!

#17 Posted by Eder (388 posts) -

This game was playable at PAX 2012 IN ENGLISH GODDAMNIT! Just teased us all is what they did.