Who'd love to see a sequel?

Avatar image for betterthantelevision
betterthantelevision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This was by far my favorite game on Xbox. It was just so different, addictive, and had a healthy single player campaign (with what I thought was an amazing story) backed by an endlessly enjoyable multiplayer component.

I truly miss this game, and would be eccstatic if a sequel were to be announced.

SuicideFLip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SuicideFLip

Unfortunately, I bought this game after its prime so I was never able to find any multiplayer games.  A sequel on 360 would be amazing, although I kind of doubt we will ever see it.

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By gabha

I wouldn't mind playing one these days, With Live as it is today and with a graphical update this could be a refreshing experience on the 360.

Avatar image for stickywaffles20
StickyWaffles20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By StickyWaffles20

It would be amazing, and the game's developer mentioned in an interview that he would love to make another Phantom Dust or a similar game. The game didn't sell enough to warrant a sequel, though. This game was in my top 5 of Xbox games. I've beaten the single player a couple of times and played as much multiplayer as I could get. It is a remarkable game.

psr388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psr388

didnt like the original, so no

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kingmasters

I think the sequel would be alot like too human but with powers

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By weltal

I'd love to see this game have a second chance.

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By stafax

I would be happy if all they did was update the graphics and add some more enemy models. This game is excellent, and I really couldn't ask them to try to improve anything else on this at all. Just give it current gen graphics, and that's it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Never played it, but here's what I'll say:  anyone else find it weird that MICROSOFT developed the game, and yet they didn't PUBLISH it?  Hrmmm....

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stafax
@jakob187 said:
" Never played it, but here's what I'll say:  anyone else find it weird that MICROSOFT developed the game, and yet they didn't PUBLISH it?  Hrmmm.... "
Well, Microsoft's studio in Japan developed the game. Most likely, Microsoft of America thought the game was just too "Japanese" for the American market.  That's most likely why they didn't publish it here.
babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By babylonian
@stafax said:

"

Well, Microsoft's studio in Japan developed the game. Most likely, Microsoft of America thought the game was just too "Japanese" for the American market.  That's most likely why they didn't publish it here. "
This is pretty much exactly what happened, actually. There are some great interviews of Yukio Futatsugi out there, but my summary of the tragedy made it into an episode of Bytejacker a few months back:  http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/064
Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rebirth1337

This game is probably my favorite xbox game. My fiends and I use to play split-screen all-nighters.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By project343

I really hope they do a sequel at some point. I think that a 'Phantom Dust 2' would make for a killer $15 Xbox Live Arcade title. Hell, you could even throw in some microtransactions in there--I'd gladly shove all my money over.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Budwyzer

2 Console Generations later.....

BOOM! Done!

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOLY FUCKYES!! This announcement made my whole year, god damn!!

I played the original game for so long... hundreds and maybe even thousands of hours... 3 DLC updates (back when they were free), I loved this game and everyone who made it.

Here's the announcement as covered by Polygon in case anyone missed it:

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/9/5793488/new-phantom-dust-announced-xbox-one