Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies announcement

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Press release:

London, UK. — May 13, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Autumn 2013.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, previously announced for the West as Ace Attorney™ 5, sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in the courts, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the action start in a destroyed court room. It’s down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney titles, as they defend the accused.

The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the Ace Attorney™ series return but for the first time in stunning 3D graphics, bringing the courtroom and characters to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action. Players will need to investigate each crime scene with the dynamic 3D visuals now making it possible to change views and zoom in on areas to uncover any hidden evidence or clues. In the court room the drama continues as players present their evidence, challenge witnesses and begin to unravel the truth behind each of the cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -Dual Destinies.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena’s unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony.

For the latest trailer, screenshots and artwork for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies visit the Capcom Europe Press Site

www.capcomeuro-press.com

2013 release and a digital only 3DS game. I'm excited.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Egg0

I was planning to buy a 3DS for this game, I guess I'm getting it earlier than I thought I would.

Edit: Just noticed it's a digital only for Europe and NA. Huh. Kinda hoping to buy a box, but whatever.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Lashe

I just watched that trailer with a grin on my face from beginning to end. So excited for it. Might have to revisit the others in anticipation...

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I guess Sam Riegel is PW now. Also the game is looking great.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh wow, it's releasing way earlier than I was expecting. Now I pretty much HAVE to get a 3DS... I hope I get my internship paycheck before that Animal Crossing bundle gets released!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Pretty stoked.

And another good reminder that I need to get back to and finish Ace Attorney 4 before this is out.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A proper announcement of GS5 in Europe? Welp, there goes the main thing stopping me from seriously considering getting a 3DS.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yahoo!

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Makes sense with Ben Judd leaving Capcom after Bionic Commando. I was kinda weird finding out that the majority og the Bionic Commando Podcast crew were the voices for the Phoenix Wright games.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, time to get a 3ds.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Hell yeah!

digital only eh? Does the 3Ds offer external storage or do you just have to eventually delete stuff when you run out of room?

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@irrelevantjohn said:

Makes sense with Ben Judd leaving Capcom after Bionic Commando. I was kinda weird finding out that the majority og the Bionic Commando Podcast crew were the voices for the Phoenix Wright games.

It was kinda expected that Sam would be the voice actor since he already voiced PW in UMvC3.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#13 riostarwind  Moderator

@slag: You can buy a bigger SD card but otherwise you'll just have to delete something eventually.

Yay for more localized Ace Attorney games!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By wrighteous86

FUCK YES! But, does this franchise really not sell enough in the West that they've neglected translating Edgeworth 2 and Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton, and set this to digital-only? I would've assumed it did well enough to make a bit of profit for Capcom...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@wrighteous86 said:

FUCK YES! But, does this franchise really not sell enough in the West that they've neglected translating Edgeworth 2 and Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton, and set this to digital-only? I would've assumed it did well enough to make a bit of profit for Capcom...

No one bought Ace Attorney Investigations.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By Daneian

I love Phoenix Wright but I'm not really feeling the polygonal models.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@fluxwavez said:

@wrighteous86 said:

I think it's mostly because the investigation games aren't as popular as the main phoenix wright games. It was kind of dumb for them to gauge NA's interest on that and make this digital only because it's probably cheaper. I really hope that this sells well though so that we get Layton vs Wright, they just have to localize it.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really happy that this makes it over here at all. But i really would like to have a physical copy.
I'll probably have to buy a new SD card just for this.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Ben_H

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes! Yes! YEEESSSS!

Now I have to finish Ace Attorney 3 and 4 before this comes out. I will try and finish Investigations too.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capcom's response to Kotaku as to why it's a digital only release:

“Historically it’s been tough to attract long term retail support for Ace Attorney titles. With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

"We understand that this decision may upset fans who wanted to have a physical version of the title to add to their collection but we believe this direction is the best to take to ensure that fans are able to enjoy the game at their own leisure.

"We will be confirming details on the price point soon so please stay tuned for more information on the latest in the Ace Attorney series.”

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86: Investigations sold really badly, it was a spin-off and most people just pirated it. I guess digital only is their answer to that.

Looks like I'm going to have to get a 3DS sooner than I thought.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Phatmac

Yahoo! Day 1!!!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Yesssssssss. Having literally just finished Ace Attorney Investigations yesterday, I am suitably pumped for this game.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

Phoenix's "new" voice will take some getting used to but I am really excited that Ace Attorney 5 will be coming out in English this year! It does worry me though that so many Japanese companies seem to be automatically assuming that their games will not sell well in the West. Professor Layton, Zero Escape, and the previous mainline Ace Attorney games have all done fairly well overseas in the resent past. Capcom USA Senior Vice-President Christian Svensson has even stated that the sales expectations for Dual Destinies are very high, so I do not understand the company's apparent lack of confidences in a physical release.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I'm glad it's coming out at all in the US it being digital only sucks big time.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Happy that it's coming out so soon -- I was beginning to think that there wouldn't be any fall releases I was interested in, but I am a little disappointed about the digital-only release.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I also find it odd that Dual Destinies is rated Pegi 16+, which would mark the first time an Ace Attorney game has received a rating higher than 12+ by Pegi.

SuperKcross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yessss. So exited. I don't mind the digital only because it's was a pain in the ass to find copies of Ace Attorney in stores.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By EarlessShrimp

OBJECTION! Sorry, I just wanted to come in and object.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome news, now I need to buy a bigger sd card

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Lusankya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lusankya

@fluxwavez said:

@wrighteous86 said:

I think it's mostly because the investigation games aren't as popular as the main phoenix wright games. It was kind of dumb for them to gauge NA's interest on that and make this digital only because it's probably cheaper. I really hope that this sells well though so that we get Layton vs Wright, they just have to localize it.

PLvAA is Level 5's game, so Capcom can't do anything about that. However Level 5 probably don't want to interfere with PL6 which comes out this year so it will take a while before we see another Layton game.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EnduranceFun

Hell yes. This game looks fabulous.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lusankya said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@fluxwavez said:

@wrighteous86 said:

PLvAA is Level 5's game, so Capcom can't do anything about that. However Level 5 probably don't want to interfere with PL6 which comes out this year so it will take a while before we see another Layton game.

They should release AA5, PL6 and AAvsPL on the same day. It would be magical

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well crap, now I need a 3DS.