Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Blank Entry

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed436ba84242
    deactivated-5ed436ba84242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
    deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I had nothing but good experiences with the Dragon Age Origins port on PS3, with the exception of that one PS3 firmware update that broke the game for a week or so until they patched it.

On the other hand, the PS3 port of Skyrim soured my opinion of Bethesda completely, and I still haven't really gotten over it.

Anyways, I love the PS3. Definitely my favorite Sony console so far. I hated the original Playstation, and I didn't really come to appreciate the PS2 until late in it's life, shortly before the Wii launched.

Anyways, your post isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. It was a nice read.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

While the first year of the PS3 was lame it became my favorite system. Outside of multiplayer games (because of the 360's amazing party system voice codecs) I preferred to play most of my games there.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Darth_Navster

Man, the PlayStation 3 was one hell of a console. I came from the opposite end as you, a big Xbox 360 fan who only got a PS3 when it was clear that no Metal Gear Solid 4 port was incoming. It eventually became my primary gaming machine once PlayStation Plus became a thing, so I suppose it all worked out in the end.

Also, I encourage you to keep writing if you enjoyed creating this post! Remember, the best way to get better at writing is to keep writing, and honestly your post was pretty decent. I recently wrote a retrospective on the PS3 as well, so I know how hard writing about such a big subject can be. To make it easier on yourself, try writing about something smaller. For instance, you mention really liking NBA 2K11. Why is that? What made it resonate with you in a way that NBA 2K10 didn't? Just my two cents as someone who wants to see more writers here at GB.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Tesla

I've been playing Ni no Kuni lately. And while that experience has reminded me how much I freaking love that game, it has also reminded me how bad the system level/UX stuff was in the PS3. These days I take for granted the instant switch from game to home screen when hitting the home button. But my goodness that transition was painful on the PS3. Plus the menus and UI layout in general was just a mess in addition to being sluggish.

PS3 did have some gems; but I'm still a much bigger fan of PS2/PS4 overall. My favorites on the PS3 were:

• Uncharted series
    • Souls series
    • MGS4
    • Journey
    • The Last of Us
    • Ni no Kuni
    devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Warhawk was so fucking good.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Haha glad to see Warhawk on this list. My Dad has been playing this game almost everyday for the past 7 years. It's literally the only thing he plays.

There were so many great PS3 games. The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 are standouts for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.