#1 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

Since this generation is ending, and ps3 games are getting cheaper, I want to start adding games to my collection. I've noticed most of my ps3 games are exclusives, and while I have some awesome games, I was wondering if there were any multiplatform games that I would be better off getting for ps3. I typically will buy multiplat's on 360 since they usually have a slight edge in graphics over their ps3 counterparts. But in your experience, have their been any multiplatform games that are noticeably better on ps3? Note: pretty much exclude racing/driving games from this because I hate using those damn lumpy ps3 triggers.

Here is a list of the ps3 games I currently own, if that helps.

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

In the past year PS3 versions of Multi platform games have been better then 360. Tomb Raider, GTA V , Bioshock infinite

#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

Valve said Portal 2 would be better on PS3>360 and LensOfTruth said it did.

That's all I know.

#4 Edited by RonGalaxy (3166 posts) -

There are only a handful of games that are noticably different when comparing platforms. Like, where one was so much worse that it inhibited the experience.

With that said, the first few years of the generation saw games look slightly better on 360 and the last few years of the generation saw games look slightly better on ps3.

And my opinion is that PS3 exclusives often looked way better than 360 exclusives. God of War and Uncharted 2+3 are really prime examples of this. I think the only thing that ever came close were the Gears games, but they were too muddy and clay looking for me. Also, the last of us really pushed the hardware to the edge. People complain that it's framerate can dip frequently, but it never bothered me.

#5 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

There is only a handful of games that are noticably different when comparing platforms. Like, where one was so much worse that it inhibited the experience.

With that said, the first few years of the generation saw games look slightly better on 360 and the last few years of the generation saw games look slightly better on ps3.

And my opinion is that PS3 exclusives often looked way better than 360 exclusives. God of War and Uncharted 2+3 are really prime examples of this. I think the only thing that ever came close were the Gears games, but they were too muddy and clay looking for me. Also, the last of us really pushed the hardware to the edge. People complain that it's framerate can dip frequently, but it never bothered me.

Yea I suppose there's not much of a difference, especially recently now that developers know how to program efficiently for each console. I'm just kind of obsessive compulsive about having the best versions of games, and also about having good collections on all platforms. My different systems are almost like pets, where if I don't play with one for a while I feel kind of bad, like I'm neglecting it haha. I guess my ps3 will really be mostly for exclusives and hd collections. And at this point in the generation, most games are better on PC by a huge margin anyways, so even if the PS3 version of bioshock infinite is better than the 360 version, I'll still just get the PC version.

#6 Edited by mwng (934 posts) -

Eternal Sonata is irrefutably better on PS3! As it has more stuff in it. Unless you hate that game, then having less stuff would probably be better.

#7 Posted by Humanity (9212 posts) -

@captain_clayman: well if you're at all interested then don't get Bayonetta on PS3.

Other than that I don't recall any other titles that heavily swayed one way or another. As a rule if thumb most Bethesda games are a lot more broken on PS3. Recent games like Tomb Raider or Bioshock are near identical.

#8 Posted by mosespippy (4169 posts) -

PS3 is the preferred console for Dark Souls but I think that is mainly because the online community is bigger because people were used to Demon's Souls.

Final Fantasy 13 is considered better on PS3 because it's all on one disc and the videos aren't compressed like the 360 version but 1. most people won't notice, and 2. don't play FFXIII.

Limbo has some really good extra content on PS3.

#9 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I prefer all multiplatform games on my PS3.