#1 Posted by BigDaddyTool (33 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/news/psn-hackers-plead-guilty-in-uk-court-6406688

TL:DR Four men between the ages of 19-26 have pled guilty to hacking more than 70 million PSN and SOE accounts in April 2011. The men are allegedly members of the hacking group LulzSec (one of the defendants ran the LulzSec Twitter account). The hack cost Sony an estimated $171.1 million. Sentencing will be next month.

#2 Edited by Snail (8662 posts) -

Was it two years ago already? Jesus.

Man, "hacktivism" was such an annoying buzz word during that weird period. That all apparently calmed down though.

#3 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

Ooooh man. Wait so Anonymous never got charged, right? Is that because they were never found? Due to the whole anonymity thing...?

#4 Posted by Silver-Streak (1383 posts) -

@killacam: If I remember correctly, the anonymous thing was to Sony's website. Not to the PSN. That was a separate group and anonymous publicly distanced themselves from the hack and the damage it caused.

#5 Posted by mlarrabee (3064 posts) -

Fine them for the total of damages, plus court costs.

Screw malicious hackers. Seriously.

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3829 posts) -

Wow, two years have passed already?

#7 Posted by mercutio123 (473 posts) -

Fine them for the total of damages, plus court costs.

Screw malicious hackers. Seriously.

#8 Edited by TruthTellah (9478 posts) -

I honestly don't know what kind of penalty they deserve, but for the malicious trouble they caused, hopefully whatever their punishment is will help them and others understand that doing stuff like this isn't okay. Hopefully it won't happen again any time soon.

#9 Edited by FilipHolm (669 posts) -

Hey, they gave us 3 free games..

#10 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

It's always fun watching people speak about Anonymous as some organized group with leaders and spokesmen and such

#11 Posted by OfficeGamer (1086 posts) -

@azteck said:

It's always fun watching people speak about Anonymous as some organized group with leaders and spokesmen and such

I've been to the Anonymous embassy, they have a nice fountain in the hall

#12 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

Sentence them to buy US ALL THE GAMES WE WANT from PSN!!!!

#13 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

@azteck said:

I've been to the Anonymous embassy, they have a nice fountain in the hall

Did you bump into my friend Anon when you were there? He's a great guy, works the security desk on mondays through fridays.

#14 Posted by Heltom92 (715 posts) -

It looks like these kids just couldn't... hack it.

#15 Posted by Wacomole (836 posts) -

"What you in for?"
"I'm a hacker"
"Me too!! What kind of meat cleaver did you use?"