7 Million PS4s Sold Worldwide by April 6th

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

The latest of Sony's bragging rights press releases is speaking of a whopping 7 million PS4s sold worldwide by April 6th. Attached to that are 20.5 million software units. No surprise really, the PS4 keeps rolling out like an avalanche. The sooner the installbase is big enough to abandon the old generation the better.

So good news everyone!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By monkeyking1969

Since I have a PS4 I'm happy it is starting out strong. But, that is about it. I'm looking forward to e3 because I would really like to know more about PS Now, the upcoming SHAREfactory software that will allow video editing, and what unannounced games are coming.

I hope Sony keeps up the pressure to improve and grow. I hope the fire set under them after PS3 doesn't go out. I'm not terribly concerned about Jack Tretton Stepping Down as President and CEO of SCEA, and I'm not terribly concerned about people leaving Naughty Dog. Sometimes figureheads get in the way, sometimes you need to lose a Ken Kutargi or a Jack Tretton. Sometimes an Amy Hennig while brilliant is not what you need for the next thing. Fire up Uncharted 3 and watch the credits roll for 30 minutes, see all those other people, they are important too. People matter, but a whole lot fo people matter, not just the figureheads we all know, for a device like PS4. And holy crap a Star Wars game sounds interesting again with Amy Hennig in the mix.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

That's a really good attach rate. That will make publishers happy.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

That attach rate seems to fall in line with the buy2 get1 promotions run by every retailer everywhere when the system came out. Or does it include digital purchases? PS+ games?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

That's great. Any console selling that well is great for the industry at large.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That attach rate seems to fall in line with the buy2 get1 promotions run by every retailer everywhere when the system came out. Or does it include digital purchases?

Yes, it does.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RonGalaxy

The bigger news is that the ps4 outsold the xbox one in march (despite titanfall), and titanfall only did marginally better numbers than infamous SS, which came out a week later and was a pure console exclusive (titanfall was also on pc). So, yeah...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Is there any sign that either console is slowing down? Was March sales significantly higher than Feb or Jan?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any sign that either console is slowing down? Was March sales significantly higher than Feb or Jan?

Microsoft reports that they only sold 331K consoles in their biggest month of this year with the release of Titanfall. Sony still outsold them.

Sony sold through 7 million consoles to customers, while Microsoft only sold 5 million to retailers (of which most of them are sitting unsold on shelves).
Things are winding down for XB1.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@narujoe93 said:

@nightriff said:

Lots of info for game/console sales during march can be found here

Read that information on other sites, it just compares to last year, not previous months. Thanks though. Also weird that PS4 just says top selling console but no number so I'm assuming yes they sold more but is also extremely close to the sales of the XBO, what I'm assuming.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

great, this seems like pretty good news. People are buying the new hardware. Hopefully this means we'll start to see some great new game projects announced soon.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's 14 million butt cheeks on display on Ustream. And probably 10 people streaming gameplay. And 1 Cigs66.