#1 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

So because I bought Killzone Shadow Fall and Assassin's Creed 4 off amazon I got an email saying because of this I can get a free PS4 game.

Out of my options the ones I'm interested are,

• Knack
  • Need for Speed Rivals
  • Skylanders SWAP Force
  • Injustice Ultimate Edition

Honestly I know very little about any of these games, except Injustice of course. Anybody have a recommendation?

#2 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

Need for Speed I guess? It looks decent.

#3 Posted by bigjeffrey (4712 posts) -

need for speed, always good to have a next gen car game.

#4 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3721 posts) -

Need for Speed I'd say.

You didn't say NBA 2K14 (I assume not interested in sports at all) but from what I've seen that seems like maybe the most impressive launch game. But if there's not interest there's no interest of course.

#5 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

@artisanbreads: Yeah it looks impressive but I'm just not a sports game person.

#6 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3721 posts) -

@jeanluc said:

@artisanbreads: Yeah it looks impressive but I'm just not a sports game person.

I feel ya just thought I'd throw it out there. If you want a graphical showcase it's probably just behind BF 4. But Need for Speed looks great too graphically.

#7 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (458 posts) -

Show Knack some love.

If not, go Rivals.

#8 Posted by Silver-Streak (1328 posts) -

I'd say either Knack (because it looks like a solid game that deserves more love, from myself included), or NFS:Rivals, for GiantBomb Race Night.

Which I think @pseg still holds?

#9 Edited by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

Can't go wrong with Need for Speed, but I think Knack could be okay. It looks pretty if nothing else, but I guess most everything sort of does at this point.

#10 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

I'd say play Killzone and AC4 until QL's are up for the other games, then go from there. Not a very exciting answer though.

#11 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

@levio: Only problem is the deal only lasts till the 16th not giving me much time.

#12 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

I got NFS with the promo. I was interested in Knack, but ill wait for some reviews and buy it digitally later.

#13 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I went with Knack since it's first party and not available on anything else.

#15 Posted by StingingVelvet (569 posts) -

I got this too. Pretty sweet.

I went with Knack because it seemed like the kind of game I would enjoy but be wary of spending $60 on. I was already getting Killzone, AC4 and Battlefield, so Knack should round out the gameplay styles I have on day one. CoD would have been another of the same thing and I don't like sports games much.

#16 Posted by PSNgamesun (394 posts) -

Well isn't there demos at launch? If so try em out first and then choose. But if there ain't none I would go with Knack simply because it's something new and it looks ok.

#17 Posted by Xeirus (1292 posts) -

I played Knack... it's really not that great. I think NFS would be the better choice, either that or Injustice, that game is pretty good.

#18 Posted by cyberbloke (54 posts) -

I'd go for Swap Force.

I have played the other Skylanders games because I bought them for my boy, and they are actually really good fun.

If you are not interested in playing, I suspect you will be able to ebay it for a fair bit. You'll get a game, a portal and three figures in the starter pack.

#19 Posted by probablytuna (3525 posts) -

If it were my choice I'd go with Knack. Never been a big fan of racing games.

#20 Posted by Trace (3544 posts) -
@eujin said:

Which I think @pseg still holds?

I currently don't have any plans for a NFS Race Night for either PS4 or XBO -- the last NFS-focused Race Night was for Hot Pursuit, and died off around the time the last bit of DLC came out for that game.

#21 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Need for Speed, they've been a lot of fun as of late...Knack looks like a tech demo

#22 Edited by Chaser324 (6264 posts) -

I'm still holding off for reviews on NFS Rivals. I loved Hot Pursuit, but I really didn't care much for Most Wanted. I'd like to know which camp Rivals falls more in line with before I make the purchase.

Of course, it's a lot easier to take a chance on it if it's free.

#23 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

If you're interested in fighting games and haven't played Injustice, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, I don't know. What type of games do you like?

#24 Posted by Genfuyung (225 posts) -

Injustice. Tons of content in that game.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

Injustice is a fantastic game. I bought it on ps3 and all of its DLC and I'm still rebuying it on PS4. So that.

#26 Posted by Silver-Streak (1328 posts) -
#27 Posted by jimmyfenix (3816 posts) -

Should have done a poll mun!!

#28 Posted by l4wd0g (1896 posts) -

Skylanders is a dark, dark hole.

#29 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

skylanders yo

#30 Posted by ExcessDebris (146 posts) -

need for speed is what i chose

#31 Edited by Vextroid (1354 posts) -

Knack, looks like a fun hark back to older PS1-2 era platformers and probably worth it more at Free than $60.

#32 Edited by iceman228433 (572 posts) -

I would go need for speed that game looks great.

#33 Posted by Brackynews (4039 posts) -

Will they let you preorder Watch_Dogs?

#34 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

Knack

#35 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

Does anyone know if the promo is still going on? I just threw down some money for Killzone and Assassin's Creed, but I'll probably not go through with both if I'm not getting a free game out of it.