Anyone else get a physically broken PS4?

• 65 results
Nerdboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Nerdboxer

I don't have cracking, but mine does have a kind of weird discoloration in the plastic around the PS4 on the front. Can't get it to photograph well, but it almost looks like a deep scratch but isn't actually a scratch. Otherwise it seems to be working fine, so no point in exchanging I suppose. It was Amazon bought also.

Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Vash108

@nerdboxer: Mine also had loose parts rattling around in it. When I went to pick it up for the first time I heard a few of them sliding around inside. May want to give it a listen when you properly shut if off after gaming for the night.

avarix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By avarix
GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now.... I feel like a winner for not succumbing to release day hype.

Hope yal have fun playing that Customer service phone-sim game. ;P

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@mcshank: Having worked at ups, I can only say that your assessment boils down to pure luck. Every package goes down a waxed 10 foot slide, one after the other, without pause. If you're lucky the package that rams into yours is a small six pound box. If not, it's a giant 60-70 pound box of something metal that many people ship for some reason.

I have seen boxes turn into accordions daily working as a loader in that place, and we were to load them into the truck anyway. When the unloader finds it they are to put it aside and send it to someone that opens your package, removes the contents and put it in a new box, giving people the illusion that their items travelled safely.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vash108 said:

@yakov456: Hell just go over to amazon and look how many 1 star reviews from people with broken consoles. The majority of them are verified owners and there is around 50.

brutal honesty time

In customer service you can always count on one thing. When a person is pissed off they will not shut up about how pissed off they are and they will make you listen to them talk about it. So odds are good most people with a messed up console are going to be vocal or make a product review.

Second thing you can count on.... when everything works and they are happy they wont say crap to you.

50 one star reviews? Fair enough. I am willing to bet there are thousands sitting at home not posting a review because they are too busy playing their amazon provided ps4 and having fun. That said it should come as no shock to the thread I got my ps4 from amazon and not only is it not cracked but it plays games just fine.

Broomhitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks. It's even worse when both Amazon and Sony are pointing fingers at one another, instead of actually solving the issue.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Consoles and PCs are coming closer to being the same thing this generation! Sucks that new console owners have to learn about RMAs like this though.

Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Vash108

@avarix: sadly I do not. I am out in east bumble. I think the closest one is 2 hours away,hence why I use Amazon.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ytidrusba: Messed up indeed! So if you ever get a broken product you have every right to get pissed off. Thankfully cases like these favor the consumer and UPS is usually the one that coughs up the dough for repairs or replacements.

They could probably save lots of money by installing new tech that's gentler on packages. But like many corporations they seem set in their ways, they'll force that square peg through the round hole so long as the results and profits are immediate and sound. A one-time console release debacle won't make enough waves to have them review their process.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By BawlZINmotion

The console itself is fine, but I'm not sure the touch pad on the controller works. At least thus far I cannot find anywhere it responds.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bawlzinmotion: I don't have a PS4 to test it myself just yet, but how about within the web browser? That seems the most likely place to incorporate the touchpad.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get a broken one, but I've had a handful of issues, some big, and others no so much.

1) Anybody else not getting anything under the "What's New" icon? At this point, everything should be new, but nothing is coming up. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but its bugging the shit out of me, since I can sometimes press down, and I can hear the cursor moving and I can hit X, but nothing happens.

2) I had the PS4 hang when installing the 1.50 update. It downloaded without any trouble at my usual internet speed, but then, it was stuck on Preparing to install... and never stopped. I had to delete it and do it again. Thankfully it installed, but still, that is a stupid problem. God knows what issues this might cause if it was a partially corrupted install or some such nonsense.

3) I already got a crash on Killzone only after an hour of playing. I know it's a new console and a new game, but it took years before I got a crash on any game on my Xbox 360 or PS3.

4) This is what pisses me off the most. The interface is, quite possibly, the worst I have ever seen on a console. And I didn't even hate the XMB, so I was prepared to be lenient if it wasn't perfect. The headings and names of the actually categories are the worst part. It took 20 minutes to find out how to turn off automatic renewal, because the names of the menus often make no sense and are not intuitive at all. It's under "Wallet" for fucks sake. I must have glazed over that a hundred times. Why wouldn't there simply be an option called automatic renewal or transaction options? Not only that, but the console itself tells you to look for this under menus that don't even exist. As far as I can tell, there is no menu called "Account Management", but that is where it told me I could turn off the auto renewal option. The XMB wasn't the best thing ever, but at least it didn't lie to me.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed. I was pumped. Sony did everything right, made Microsoft look like a bunch of dicks, and really sold me on the console. And now, looking back at my first problem above here, they can't even advertise their own shit on their own console properly.

I would seriously consider taking the console back, but I already opened a game and I refuse to sell it to gamestop. *sigh* I haven't regretted a purchase like this in a while.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By myniceicelife

I think the only thing that has been "wrong" with my PS4 has been that Twitch wasn't working until I reset my Stream key. HDMI is fine, no cracks, no overheating, no file problems, and it doesn't even wobble if you push on one of the sides like the one did that GB showed in their unboxing. I was super paranoid about getting it through Amazon, but I got lucky and now I get to go through the same concerns for the Xbone. Sorry for all you duders that have had problems.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I don't know how relevant this is but I tried buying an MSI AMD graphics card (7870? can't remember exact one) from Amazon. I ended up having to send back three. Each one looked fine in the shipping box but the actual box was beat up from the feet up. The graphics card inside was bent up where you attach it to the case.

I knew it wasn't UPS and the lady said it was probably from when they get shipped in containers. Basically before they get to their warehouse. So right after I got off the phone with support I checked the page of the card I bought and it was being suspended due to customer complaints.

I have a feeling the EXACT same thing is happening with these PS4's. I can't believe I almost bought one and from Amazon too. Glad I held off at the last second.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony should have never used Foxconn... or should have paid for their A team Chinese indentured servants like Apple does.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@joshwent: that's what they told me. I would overnight it and it would talk 2-6 weeks. Thankfully I just returned it and the store had an extra units to replace it.

Vash108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a new one on the way tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be broken, if so I may wait until next year when everything gets ironed out.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got the email from Amazon stating they were preparing to ship my replacement PS4. Ive been using it without any issues so I canceled it. I can live with the small crack at this point. Figured someone else needs the replacement more so hopefully its going to someone with a none functioning PS4.