#1 Posted by Krullban (1034 posts) -

I don't have a ps4 yet, but I want to use the streaming feature without playing in a box with a giant overlay around my screen. Is that possible.

Also can you archive the streams?

#2 Posted by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

I have seen "proof" that the streams dont archive but someone said it might be a technical issue. But as of now Ill go on record saying the streams do not archive

#3 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

no archiving, i just watched someone's stream they went off like 30 minutes ago no archive.

#4 Posted by flameboy84 (172 posts) -

But if your twitch is set to archive (which it isn't by default anymore) why would it matter? I stream to twitch from a variety of sources xsplit/obs and it doesn't matter it all archives!

#5 Posted by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

@flameboy84: Both Jeff and a friend of mine streamed from the PS4 with the Twitch archive on on their account and it didnt archive.

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6395 posts) -

For your first question, yes, you don't have to use the overlay.

#7 Posted by kaos_cracker (577 posts) -

When I watched it, Twitches stream had no overlay and the Ustream one did

#8 Posted by Bollard (5400 posts) -

Is there a way for only the streamer to see the overlay? So the viewers have fullscreen, and the streamer can see chat?

#9 Edited by Krullban (1034 posts) -

That's a shame that it can't be archived.

#10 Posted by Rabbykayn (221 posts) -

@krullban: There is a pretty good reason. That's a massive bandwidth cost for Twitch from the millions of gamers that will "test" out twitch and have zero use for archiving.

I would say it's possible they add functionality as a toggle for powerusers in the future.

#11 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

@rabbykayn: Turbo account only would be the best way to gate that.

#12 Edited by Mitch0712 (463 posts) -

There's a streaming option to turn off the chat overlay.

#13 Posted by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

@yadilie said:

@rabbykayn: Turbo account only would be the best way to gate that.

This would be an easy way to make me never use the PS4 streaming. Though since I already have all the stuff to stream super easily on my PC I probably wont anyway.

#14 Edited by PandaShake (388 posts) -
#15 Posted by Zirilius (608 posts) -
#16 Posted by marc (498 posts) -

My streams all have archived. Which is pretty awesome!

#17 Posted by flippyandnod (373 posts) -

You just turn off the box that says "show comments onscreen" in the streaming options to get rid of that overlay.

#18 Posted by Zirilius (608 posts) -

You just turn off the box that says "show comments onscreen" in the streaming options to get rid of that overlay.

Thanks was wondering about that