Friend blind to ps4s Power!!

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for badass_master_blaster
Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So anyone else having this problem, ill try to put it short, friend of mine is being stubborn in moving over to playstation, even though his friends list is going and so am i, his reason, because microsoft are better than sony, because xbox is better than playstation, and also because he claims sony dont have any good exclusives, even though he doesnt watch anything about its games. i know its just him being stubborn because hes said that he'll get an xbox one if i get one, but hes just sticking with a 360 if not, till halo 5, so basically im asking if anyone else is leaving behind some friends that refuse to stop burning a flame for xbox?

Also it should be said hes the one trying to get me to buy an xbox, and doing a poor job of it. If its not the same one sided discussion of xbox is better than ps4 then the only positive points i get from him is halo 5 and online is better on xbox. But im thinking halo 5 isnt out till nov next year, so basically year 2, and i think psn is going to improve now that its behind a paywall, extra doo.

So to summarize, anyone else leaving behind (gaming wise obviously) friends next gen, whether wii u (lol), xbox or ps4? ...........Perhaps even friends blind to Powaar!

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kinapuff

I've friends who plead allegiance to either camps, and friends who are at the very least open minded about games no matter what the platform. I don't find myself trying to convince anyone of switching whatever platform or ecosystem they believe is better than x, and neither should you, really. They've more than likely already made up their mind, for better and for worse.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinapuff: i prob should have mentioned in the post, i dont try to convince him, its the opposite, hes heavly trying to stop me from buying a ps4, new to the forums so thanks your reply

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I sent subliminal messages to all my friends during the ps3 gen and all converted to it. So now they already want ps4's. My plan is working. Muahaha

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: mom: timmy wheres lassy? Timmy: shes out in the orchard ma, peaches are comin in mighty early this year - PS4 - mom: well you know what they say timmy, early peaches long summers - PS4 - Lassy: bark bark. Timmy: whats that lassy? -- DID YOU BUY A PS4 YET!? --

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic
Loading Video...

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's one thing I'm not looking forward to with next-gen systems it's idiots trying to start console wars again. I liked how people stopped giving a fuck a couple years into this gen.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm getting an XONE because I want to.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: agreed, also sorry cant reply to bluevenom, reached my 5 post limit, but just incase you read this, good for you, and thanks for your replys dystop and venom =)

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#11  Edited By tearhead

I see no other way to resolve this. You gotta kill him.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old are you, if I may ask? Not because you sound immature but because your friend sounds like he has a few years to go before he graduates high school.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate being reminded how stupid all that fanboy bullshit is.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

MY friends were blind to my love of Whoppers until I came clean and told them I'm a Whopperholic.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@badass_master_blaster: Well alright. Uhm.... All the positive reasons you can think of about XONE, I'm excited for. All the negative stuff, I'm not bothered by, and I'm just not paranoid.

The weird part is convincing my friend to get an XONE, even though he reluctantly agrees with me on all that positive stuff. The only reason he's stubborn on no-XONE is that he doesn't trust MS. And its just this strange to go on about with him, for months. And he's a bigger Gears fan than me, so it's just strange.

There's your 5 posts, huh? Well! That's all I got.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So? Do your friends have to like everything you do? Do you need a clone of yourself to enjoy life or a person with their own opinions and feelings to do stuff with? This isn't Cloning Clyde, this is real life!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bigjeffrey

Sneak into his room at night until 1 WEEK before the PS4 release and just whisper into his ear "KNACK" "KNACK" "KNACK" "KNACK" "KNACK".

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So..?

http://pbmo.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/dr-strangelove.gif

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear: just pasted midnight so think i got more posts, i hear what your saying panda and trust me i like how my friends have different opinions (im not one of "those" people, i swear it!) but id be lying if i said i didnt want one of my best friends to game with me, besides i never played cloning clyde lol

Also im new to the forums and just wondering what the silver and gold badges mean next to members avatars?

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

pretty sure you guys can still be friends even if you don't buy the same gaming box.

Eoeey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eoeey

Consoles launches have suck since Dreamcast in terms of games. It's cool to be a early adopter, it's nice to have that party at your place with the system and get drunk with your buddies while dicking around. But there's nothing wrong with sticking with the past gen till a title you want comes out. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I have a back log of games I need/want to play. I still need to play Mario Galaxy, goddamn.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen: i know but it would be fun to play the same games together like we have been for the last few years, just wish it wasnt his way or the highway in terms of choices

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I go where I want to. If friends want to follow then cool. At the end of the day its MY system I want to be happy with my purchase I'm making with MY money. Also, I don't play much multiplayer or Co-op so.... there is also that.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

People supporting the XBO this time around see to be clinging to the idea that they will have another 360 generation in terms of a core gaming experience, when MS is clearly more interested in being a media provider this time around, while at the same time shaping gaming into their own idea of what it should be for people, not listening to what people actually want.

At the same time, they're assuming the experience on the PS3, a clearly Japan-centric console design, will be the same on the PS4, which was largely designed by SCEE. Sony seems to have core gamers in their cross hairs this time around, along with ease of development and policies that makes sense for gamers. Hopefully it all comes together for them in the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Let him decide what he wants to play. No need to be a walking billboard.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eoeey: i havent gotten round to the wii this gen yet, waiting till it gets even cheaper has i dont have alot of cash coming in, cant wait to have alot of cheap games at the ready though, and i agree that this gen still has alot of life in it

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the replys so far, never been on a forum thats been this responsive

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@tourgen said:

pretty sure you guys can still be friends even if you don't buy the same gaming box.

Those people are all dead to me.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

How dare your friend want something entirely different to you... you should probably stab him, it's what Sony would want.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: actually laughed hard at this................you ruthless monster!

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: do you really think so? if thats what they want then it shall be done

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How dare your friend want something entirely different to you... you should probably stab him, it's what Sony would want.

Stab them with a Move controller.

That way you actually use a Move controller.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not trolling (yeah, everybody says that [but I mean it this time!] Sure you do [I do!] Rrrrright) but he actually might be the smartest of any of us... Sticking with current machines. It's been said many times, there's few reasons to want these machines on Day 1 or even Year 1. Most games will come out for both machines and most of the games we saw at E3, weren't even launch titles. I have a PS4 preordered, but in the back of my mind my brain is screaming (more-so talking loudly you idiot) at me and calling me an idiot.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: not really, the xbox is more exspensive, has less ram for games usage, and all those tv features they keep goin on about wont work with me cause im in europe, i come up with actual goods and bads where he just kind of makes a statement that its better.

I just think consumer wise microsoft isnt for me anymore given there price point and new features invested just for america, i was surpised he wouldnt be converting over with most of his online friend and me to the cheaper console, especially since hes a heavy multiplayer gamer, oh well.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Dude you don't need to convince your friend, the world is abundant with choices! Without trying to sound like a radical hippy, let the guy choose what best fits his needs.

And on top of that you can go to your friends house to play all the cool Xbox One exclusives and he/she can come over to play your PS4 games.

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nevalis

I'm in a similar situation with my brother and his friends. He asked me which I'm going with (PS4), while his friends are leaning towards XB1 mainly because they have the 360 and it seems like an easier transition.

I told him my reasons for going with Sony, but said in the end he should go with whatever suits his needs. They're mostly a CoD group, so I pointed out XB1 will get map packs sooner, but PS4's $100 savings basically covers the cost of CoD and its season pass. The hardware differences at this point are a wash, and they neither care about XB1's TV/browser/Kinect nor PS4's more friendly indie policies, so it'll boil down to going with the console that better fits with CoD.

I already went through the PS3/360 generation with a scattered friends list across the consoles, so this is nothing new. However, if asked, I'll highlight the good and bad with both new systems and let them decide.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Eventually it's going to come down between gaming and your friends anyway. If it's not this then they'll find something else, like having a kid or something equally pointless. Just burn your bridges now.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badass_master_blaster: I have to think MS will be announcing some sort of TV based features for EUR at Gamescom next month. I mean, they have to, right?

But yeah, I don't give a shit about that stuff either. Plus, I don't want to have to engage in Kinect based shenanigans to play games. Don't want to have my face scanned, don't want to have to talk to my TV to make things happen, don't want to have to wave my arms in air like I just don't care.

Unless your friend is super hyped about Dead Rising 3 or Forza, not really a lot coming out Day One on the XBO that isn't going to be everywhere else.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinapuff: i prob should have mentioned in the post, i dont try to convince him, its the opposite, hes heavly trying to stop me from buying a ps4, new to the forums so thanks your reply

I would edit this into the original post, or people are going to keep missing the point.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: ye think ill do that, was hoping people would read down throug the thread cause my main form of internet browsing is on a tablet, no copy and paste :(

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: i personally think itll be awhile before they implement some kind of convertor for the european cable boxes, until then were just meant to accept major nelsons explaination went something like this- "i cant get sky tv cause im not in europe, but id like too" gee thanks nelson for those amazing pr skills >:|

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hunkulese

@hunkulese: not really, the xbox is more exspensive, has less ram for games usage, and all those tv features they keep goin on about wont work with me cause im in europe, i come up with actual goods and bads where he just kind of makes a statement that its better.

I just think consumer wise microsoft isnt for me anymore given there price point and new features invested just for america, i was surpised he wouldnt be converting over with most of his online friend and me to the cheaper console, especially since hes a heavy multiplayer gamer, oh well.

I don't know about the European prices but $100 isn't that much money these days and you have no idea how the RAM difference is actually going to translate into performance. There was also a rumour that they're considering adding more RAM to the final build. Your reasons are just as silly as I like Microsoft.

If he's a heavy multiplayer gamer than it should be a no brainer to go with the Xbox. Dedicated servers and better games.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
@hunkulese said:

If he's a heavy multiplayer gamer than it should be a no brainer to go with the Xbox. Dedicated servers and better games.

Fanboy drivel, PS4 will have dedicated servers, and 'better games' is your opinion, just like his friends.

Sony has already announced that Drive Club and Killzone:SF will have dedicated servers, 3rd party titles will have the option, EA will run their own servers on both platforms, just like they did on the 360/PS3, and Activision will stick with Peer 2 peer, just like they did with this generation.

If MS was going to add extra RAM this late in the development process, they wouldn't have announced 8GB a little over a month ago. That rumor sprouted up with a junior poster on Beyond3D and only showed up on a couple of XBox fan blogs, there's a reason why no real site would run with it, because it's ludicrous. But by all means, let's ride the "extra 4GB of RAM" rumor train while still using the "extra RAM won't mean anything" talking point as a fallback.

If you can't add to the conversation, don't be a part of it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@hunkulese said:

@badass_master_blaster said:

I don't know about the European prices but $100 isn't that much money these days and you have no idea how the RAM difference is actually going to translate into performance. There was also a rumour that they're considering adding more RAM to the final build. Your reasons are just as silly as I like Microsoft.

Where are you getting this dedicated server idea from. Xbox Live has always been P2P, unless specific developers/publishers host their own dedicated servers (like EA for Battlefield) and in those instances they host them for all platforms.

Sony is the one that has had a track record of providing dedicated servers for first party games, not Microsoft.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@ll_exile_ll said:

Sony is the one that has had a track record of providing dedicated servers for first party games, not Microsoft.

Yeah, people forget about the room of dedicated servers that Sony posted a photo of when Warhawk went live.

Surprised he didn't play the "GDDR5 higher latency" card as well, even though that's been debunked by people who actually know things several times.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: fanboy drivel? That's cute. I preordered a PS4 over an Xbox because I don't play a ton of multiplayer shooters.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but Microsoft's online infrastructure is miles ahead of what Sony has to offer.

You can call it opinion but it's the opinion of the majority that Titanfall and Forza look a lot better than Killzone and Drive Club. Not to mention Halo. If you're a multiplayer focus gamer there's no reason to go PS4.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@hunkulese said:

@krakn3dfx: fanboy drivel? That's cute. I preordered a PS4 over an Xbox because I don't play a ton of multiplayer shooters.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but Microsoft's online infrastructure is miles ahead of what Sony has to offer.

You can call it opinion but it's the opinion of the majority that Titanfall and Forza look a lot better than Killzone and Drive Club. Not to mention Halo. If you're a multiplayer focus gamer there's no reason to go PS4.

Everything you've just said is completely speculation. Nothing in that reply has any basis in reality relating to anything we know about either system or games that are months from release (in Titanfall's case, many more months from release).

Congratulations, you just helped me continue to prove my point.

It's cool that you played that "I pre-ordered the PS4 even tho I'm completely shitting on the PS4" card though. That's usually considered a prerequisite.

Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: 100 euro is enough for me to care about and its alot for people right now incase you havent been watching the news, dont assume you are the entire population, and i want to make sure my money goes on the best system for me.

Has for the ram, sony stepped up and made it unified, better for larger bursts of data, and im pretty sure most games are getting bigger as we go further into the future of this industry, if thats not enough John Carmack said sony made "wise design decisions", thats enough for me.

Also dedicated servers have been around for years, and most major devs have the own, i can only see this helping a start up game company or xbox exclusives claiming its helping them alot because its in there contract to do so...this is no more help than offering to pay for the plastic of the game case. My main game im looking forward to is battlefield, i think there sorted when it comes to dedicated servers.