Gold headset chat issues

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For anybody who has a gold headset or maybe can help me solve my issues.

I have the ps4 gold headset hooked up to my PS4.

Wireless audio sounds great. Its loud, clear, and keeps a connection.

My friends keep on telling my that my mic sounds like im talking through a modulator. It doesnt happen all the time but when it does me chatting is pretty much useless.

At first i though it was a bad mic..so i exchanged the headset but the new one is having the same exact issues.

So then I though it might be the wireless connection. I plugged the headset directly into the ds4 and tried the headset without wireless..no issues..chat sounded fine.

So it is the wireless..but only chat since game audio sounds perfect.

So i try to re position my ps4 maybe to get a clearer path between the headset and usb connector..still have problems.

So its definitely something in my environment causing the issues? The only other wireless device I have is my router and my wii u.

My router is a 2.4ghz and ii tried multiple channels with no luck...the wii u I believe is 5.8ghz so its not on the same band..

I can try another router but If im going to invest in a new router I might as well just get a different headset..

Any ideas?

---

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you chatting in game or through a party? I found the in game Destiny party chat was bad, but the PS4 party system worked a lot better.

Are you wearing it correctly? The buttons should be on the left of your head.

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: buttons are on the left side..i was in party chat.

Again remember it is only doing this when connected wireless. Wired to the DS4 and my friends say they dont hear the problem.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

I have one, no problems so far.

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Djnardu

@marcsman: if it was only one headset I would say its a bad headset...but two?

There has to be something that is causing this issue..its even more confusing that game audio sounds fine...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had any problems with my one yet, but I wonder did the store you got yours from get a bad batch?

Do you know anyone with another one that you could try out on your system?

Since it's bluetooth I think you can plug the dongle into your PC and use it as a bluetooth headset there, so maybe try it on a PC or laptop if that's an option?

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: i could try that i was also thinking about buying a usb extension cable and placing the dongle away from the ps4 to see if that does anything.

That or trying another router.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marcsman

yeah it sounds like the blue tooth connection is wonky.

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So here is the ultimate question.

I got the headset on the real cheap..under $50.

The fact that incoming audio works fine..it sounds great and that any other wireless headset is going to be at least $100+.

Would you keep the headset with the slight inconvenience that you need to use it as a wired (to the ds4) headset when chatting with friends?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BonOrbitz

@reallycoolguyiswear said:

this kind of thread is so stupid. you got it used from some dude on craigslist and now want to waste everyones time trying to figure out why it doesnt work perfectly

Based on what information? Worthless post, ass.

Anyway, what does everyone think of the headset overall? I just picked one up from Best Buy and had them price match NewEgg which has it on sale for $75. I've heard that it can also be used on a PC, which sounds great.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonorbitz: I love mine. best headset I have ever had

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djnardu

So I'm jumping back into this thread to give some insight into my findings. I'm guessing I missed the idiot's post about me buying a used headset "which it was not" . Got it discounted when it was on sale at Newegg.

So this is what I found.

I tried two different routers and headsets. Both would cause interference. Either my Mic cutting out or me losing network connection with PS4.

I found it was actually the wireless dongle causing the issue. I bought a 6 foot USB extension cable ($2 on monoprice) and ran the dongle away from the PS4..issues completely stopped.

To verify I took the dongle and placed it back next to the PS4...issues arose.

Reading up on some other posts online it seems other people have similar issues. So if you are having problems with your headset and still want to continue using it try placing the dongle away from the console using the USB extension..see if that cures the problem.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@djnardu: Did you try switching the channels on the routers? since you already solved the problem im sure its not that big a deal, but if they where on the same channel as the dongle switching it may fix the problem without the USB cable.

Djnardu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo: yea i went through pretty much every channel on the router. It was driving me nuts

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By BonOrbitz

@djnardu said:

So I'm jumping back into this thread to give some insight into my findings. I'm guessing I missed the idiot's post about me buying a used headset "which it was not" . Got it discounted when it was on sale at Newegg.

So this is what I found.

I tried two different routers and headsets. Both would cause interference. Either my Mic cutting out or me losing network connection with PS4.

I found it was actually the wireless dongle causing the issue. I bought a 6 foot USB extension cable ($2 on monoprice) and ran the dongle away from the PS4..issues completely stopped.

To verify I took the dongle and placed it back next to the PS4...issues arose.

Reading up on some other posts online it seems other people have similar issues. So if you are having problems with your headset and still want to continue using it try placing the dongle away from the console using the USB extension..see if that cures the problem.

I'm glad you got it figured out, but too bad about having to run a 6ft cord. I'm finally getting a PS4 tonight (white Destiny bundle), so I'll be trying out the Gold headset very soon.