How does the PS4 hold up so far for you guys???

• 129 results
Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm really curious what you guys think so far of the console. The UI, the games, how it feels.

What should be improved that feels dull, or not too bright..

I really like to hear it.

Also, ive felt the controller. I love it. That is one amazing controller. The grip of it just silly, haha.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only complaint I have about the PS4 is the 3 month wait for inFamous Second Sons

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@marcsman said:

The only complaint I have about the PS4 is the 3 month wait for inFamous Second Sons

Yeah, it has been excellent so far, but it's really hard to say anything definitive before more games come out. Buying a new console this soon is always going to be a bet for the future.

The controller is just sublime I have to say, I recently played Batman: Arkham Origins on a DS3 and it was pretty awful to go back.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I like the console just don't care for the games I got. I'm currently playing PS3 games right now because there is nothing I want to play on the PS4 right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I love it, just wish it had some more games. Also thank god for faster download speeds.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

Hardware-wise, it's great. UI-wise, it's pretty good. It has few games, but that's to be expected. Right now it's a dedicated BF4 machine with some Resogun sprinkled inbetween. BF4 is pretty much what I've got it for, and now that it's patched up, it's almost flawless.

No problem though, I've bought into the Playstation Ecosystem, not just PS4 alone. With PS4 and PS3 and PS Vita in unison with PS Plus & on-going PSN sales, I'm drowning in great games to play regardless if there's great new PS4 games coming out or not, and the games are coming for sure.

It's a great time to be part of the Playstation Ecosystem.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Controller's great, everything else is fine. I wish I could be playing Dead Rising 3. Hopefully the indie stuff starts hitting fast, since it's going to be dry on the AAA front.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By Kidavenger

I'm happy with it, just waiting for games now.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anyone else having yo issues, like the overview/recent items drop down not being accessible when your on the app on the home screen. Some times I can't press down and have that all appear.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoOzak

Liking it so far. Obviously there arent that many games but i've enjoyed playing Killzone's multiplayer while listening to the GOTY podcasts. I wish the system would play MP3's so I wouldnt have to play it through my PC and I also wish I could stream videos from my PC but thankfully I still have my PS3 for that.

The Dual Shock 4 is great even if I still prefer the sticks on the xbox controller. It has a heftyness to it that makes it feel less cheap. The XB1 controller reminds me of the S-type from the original Xbox which I always hated. I also like the ability to charge it while in stand by. (and knowing what battery level it's at is nice ;p)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@tobyus: Overall: I'm please with my purchase because I bought an excellent first game, "AC IV". The UI is okay and I do like the simplicity of everything. The "What's New" is useful and does make logging on just to see what people have done in the last few hours enjoyable. "Live From PlayStation" is actually fun to watch; yes, sorry game pundits watching other people play games and chat is [gasp] fun. The "Friends List is not as useful as I hoped, you can put a ton of people, but without subdivions ist not useful to have that many.

UI: I'd like Sony to make a few improvements one of which is to allow for wallpapers, custom icons, and custom text. Let's be real, the themes for PS3 were of 'questionable' taste/quality; but they were a choices and I liked some of them. It woudl be nice to hide the icons I don't use (I'll never use Sony Music or Sony Videos) so I'd like those to disappear off my menu. They NEED to make sure eveything stays speedy, I hope Sony engineers keep in mind fast is better then fancy this time.

Games: I like how games have sub-trays of information like 'overview', 'recent activity' and 'related items'. I cna see Sony & Developers using that in better ways as the years go on. I like how the games look, I think some peopel bought teh more obviuous games like CoD Ghosts and Battlefield and are sorry for that choice, but I was lucky I choose to by AC IV even though I never really got deeply into the past games.

System quality: The PS4 being so slim means it fits under the lip of my HDTV, so it tucks in perfectly where I want it. I'm glad Sony went with a slim design, yes ist just aesthetics but it has a practical effect on where you can slide teh system into or around you entertainment area. (Sorry, it has to be said: I think XBO being so thick was a poor choice, and yeah I think they went that way for aesthetics, not some practical reason.)

Future Prospects: I'm fairly optimistic about how games will turn out on the system now. Sony made some nice choices and it appears like there are a few things they can improve very easily for UI and functions. There are few games that got pushed back, but in the end that MIGHT have been for the best. PS4 has a nice launch, and now they have even more games still to come out. On the bad side, if you finish the one or two games you have now, there will be a gap to wait for more games. Also, deserved or not Knack is getting ignored...that's not good for Sony. The bent HDMI ports were not fun either. Those last three things are certainly things that could have gone better.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I think it's rad. The only game I got for it was ACIV (though I do really want Battlefield as well), and I downloaded Resogun and Sound Shapes (through cross-buy.) I think it's a great piece of hardware and I cannot wait to see more games take advantages of it.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By fattony12000

Don't know, haven't got one yet. Ya goober.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far it's been pretty great and I haven't had any problems others have run into. Now I'm just waiting for the good exclusives to come out. Hopefully Infamous will turn out as great as it looks.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I haven't played it in like a month because I haven't felt like playing AC4. Also I think I prefer my Xbox One in general though it's not as if I have any opportunities to show it since no multiplatform games I've wanted have come out since November. I sort of wish more games were going Split Gen already. I'm not going to play Walking Dead on 360 because the framerate suffered last season on that even though my saves are locked there right now.

Re controller I definitely think that I prefer the Xbox One controller. The triggers specifically feel better when you depress them on the Xbox One? I feel the PS4 controller fights you a little harder when you pull a trigger. I might also prefer the Wii U Gamepad though on that the distance between the oh so comfy triggers and the bumpers is problematic if games ever use bumpers. It's better than the PS3 and 360 controllers though so, you know, good enough if you're only getting one.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaccheus: just plug the ds4 into your ps3. I'm playing batman orgins with it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

My only complaint about the PS4 so far is the light on the controller; it's not bad, but I does pretty much light up the entire area in front of me. Can you turn it off? I just bought a PS4 today, and like it a lot. The UI isn't all the different from PS3 so it's not difficult to get around or anything, but it's much, much faster and when the PS3 had you wait as things loaded, the PS4 gets you right in and out of things which is fantastic.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought one on Boxing Day with Black Flag and Lego Marvel and so far I'm quite happy with it. The interface stuff is snappy and responsive, I love that I can play the game while an update is downloading in the background and the controller is great. Really wish it could play some late PS3 games like The Last of Us and GTA V cause I don't really want to go back to PS3 right now!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#19  Edited By sammo21

I have had mine since day one and I love it. They have an amazing foundation to work off of and all the features I use work well. I hope they let me remove the Video apps I don't have installed because I hate seeing all that crap listed there. Other than that and the occassional Battlefield 4 issues I think its an amazing system. The controller is also amazing and I have already gotten rid of my 360 controller that I used for PC gaming in lieu of the PS4 controller.

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like all the answers here. Seems like everyone simply wants more games, happy with the UI, controller. I guess I'm making a good choice by waiting for next summer to buy it. Or is that too "Late" ??? Possible i might miss out on something?

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I am really happy with the PS4, from the console design to the DS4 controller. There are some things however that are irritating me such as preventing simultaneous downloads, no pause button for downloads. Another thing is the sound of the PS4 when the fans are in full swings, it's quieter than the PS3 original but still noticeable; I do sit closer to it since it's near my PC and I have positioned it vertically which I am not sure makes a difference.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive got big buyers remorse at this point.

Obviously i knew there wouldnt be games for a while, but i expected them to work 2 months in. So far I've got 3 games, AC4, BF4 and NBA 2k14. The three games all have their significant issues when using online. BF4 is obivously a hot mess, NBA 2K's park mode doesnt let me join my friends, and its other online modes appear to just be broken with an infinite wait at matchmaking.

This deep in, almost 2 months, I expected my games to work, and they don't. Not to mention my PC is already better than a ps4 anyway, I just wish i never even bought the thing until the first price drop..

Especially since i only bought it for the exclusives, and couldnt' give a fuck for infamous

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quarters

Wish there were some more games out(they'll come, just not here yet), but other than that, I love it. The UI, the controller, how fast everything is, the games that I do have for it right now, all of it's awesome. Can't wait to play it more.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Best fucking part is that I can hook up my headphones to the controller, love it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@tobyus: I personally have enough games to play: Killzone, Battlefield, Need For Speed, Zen Pinball 2, Resogun, Contrast, Don't Starve, Assassins Creed 4, Fifa, and whatever else is coming. Granted, many of those games can be played on pre-current gen systems and PC.

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive got big buyers remorse at this point.

Obviously i knew there wouldnt be games for a while, but i expected them to work 2 months in. So far I've got 3 games, AC4, BF4 and NBA 2k14. The three games all have their significant issues when using online. BF4 is obivously a hot mess, NBA 2K's park mode doesnt let me join my friends, and its other online modes appear to just be broken with an infinite wait at matchmaking.

This deep in, almost 2 months, I expected my games to work, and they don't. Not to mention my PC is already better than a ps4 anyway, I just wish i never even bought the thing until the first price drop..

Especially since i only bought it for the exclusives, and couldnt' give a fuck for infamous

Ah that sucks to hear. I hope it works out for you later in 2014. Any games you REALLY looking forward to? Or is it just the exclusives that you going for?

Best fucking part is that I can hook up my headphones to the controller, love it.

Yeah, i can only imagine how great that feature is.

So, what games do you guys really want to see in 2014? Game trailer, walkthrough, annoucements? And even game to come out this year

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play it every damn day and I love it. I'm bummed Warthunder got delayed here in the states. I'm a little confused why it's still not out :(

The controller is glorious, the UI gets the job done (I'd like customizable sorting of the game bar instead of by last played), and everything downloads and works super fast. I love the suspend stuff for video apps and games. I can't wait for Infamous, The Order, Destiny, Watchdogs, and some fucking details on what the hell fucking Gaikai actually fucking is. I hope it allows me to play my ps3 library on the ps4 but I am probably getting my hopes up.

I'm most anticipating No Mans Sky though. That thing looks like everything I want in a game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The Magic 8-Ball says "Ask again later when there are more games."

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm definitely looking forward to more stuff coming out for it, but quite frankly, i have hardly touched it since the end of November, as I have decided to make the Xbone my main new console. Also, I have actually played way more PS3 than PS4 in the last month.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

My XONE is holding up just fine.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@tobyus: Eagerly waiting for February for Japan to get in on the system and start releasing all their games. Really interested in how DW8 Complete is going to look on the PS4. Also hoping that Capcom sneaks in Sengoku Basara 4 Utage at the end of the year on the PS4. Really only care about the prospect of Eastern games, although that really really bad rumor about a PS4 Crash Bandicoot would be pretty neato.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DonPixel

Not buying until the game focus console, has actually worthy games. I don't even mean more indie titles, I already own all the indies I care about on steam.

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play it every damn day and I love it. I'm bummed Warthunder got delayed here in the states. I'm a little confused why it's still not out :(

The controller is glorious, the UI gets the job done (I'd like customizable sorting of the game bar instead of by last played), and everything downloads and works super fast. I love the suspend stuff for video apps and games. I can't wait for Infamous, The Order, Destiny, Watchdogs, and some fucking details on what the hell fucking Gaikai actually fucking is. I hope it allows me to play my ps3 library on the ps4 but I am probably getting my hopes up.

I'm most anticipating No Mans Sky though. That thing looks like everything I want in a game.

Sounds great dude! Those games you're eagerly want :p Infamous looks awesome actually, i hope they make it worth the delay actually. The best PS4 game im really looking foward to is The Order. Just wow. The screenshots, the tweets about it. Destiny and Watch Dogs are the games im hoping to play with some friends. Since im gonna toss away the Xbox thing (havent come out yet in Sweden) so im going for the Ps4. The original console for me, haha.

@donpixel said:

Not buying until the game focus console, has actually worthy games. I don't even mean more indie titles, I already own all the indies I care about on steam.

What games are you waiting for to buy PS4?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that the color bar on the controller changes colors based on what power you are using in DCUO.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobyus: Well, thats the thing. I'm basically waiting for games that havent been even announced. I'm pumped for the Ps4 Uncharted, because ND is 90% of the reason i bought PS4. Since MGS isn't exclusive anymore, that makes me somewhat sad, but i just hope that The Phantom Pain becomes a next gen exclusive, so we can really see FOX at its best.

Im also holding out for another God of War game, because holy fuck. (I havent played one since 3, and didn't play 2, so im not over done on them), And honestly.. I just want

The last of us 2.
please ND, Please..

PLEASE

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had mine for nearly a month now and I only have three things to put against it.

1. Software is unstable, and I'm talking one crash every other day in a quickly ported F2P game (hardware is fine)
  2. The game library is pretty poor, I decided to go for launch as an early investment but I'm only playing War Thunder. Still playing PS3 VITA and PC..
  3. The Share and Options buttons on the DS4 make me want a DS4mkII where they're raised and easier to activate, I have big melonfarmer hands so I gotta push the mass of a finger down there and hope I don't bump the pad

The NeoGeo AES was the greatest console of the last millennia, and this is so far the greatest console of this one, even this early on I'm very happy to be a gamer. Happier to have bought myself a cheap new 3G VITA for remote play as a christmas present, because that has to be experienced. Most people in Sweden are waiting until May or June according to the shops here now.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DonPixel

@tobyus: I'm mostly waiting for whatever Naughty Dog does, and maybe just maybe The Order. Santa Monica and ND are they only Sony studios I kind of like.

I mostly play 3rd party on PC and Multiplayer on the 360/Xbone.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. I'll buy one as soon as the Naughty Dog game comes out.

kill_eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By kill_eagle

So far I am pleased with the PS 4. It works (crashed one or two times) everything feels a lot snappier then before. The UI is nicely presented I think and faster than on PS 3. My only negative so far is the battery life of the controller it sucks, to bad with an otherwise great controller

As far as games go, not great, bought Killzone, assasins creed, Fifa, and need for speed. Killzone looks good at least sometimes and plays fine but none of the games feels that impressive.

dionysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dionysis

I honestly don't use it much at all right now and probably won't until there are some new releases. There just isn't any software drawing me in to playing on the platform right now. The one caveat is that I did buy Assassin's Creed for Xbox One because that's the platform my son (who is a huge fan of the series) wanted it on. That would be the one game I've been actively playing and enjoying recently that I could be playing on the PS4.

I'm not a fan of the UI at all. It feels cluttered already and there is barely any software available for the system. I can't see it scaling to hundreds of games available on the system. Hopefully Sony is working on some improvements to the UI.

On the plus side, the controller is terrific outside of the short battery life. I like the fact that Sony is embracing F2P games and Indie content developers. The system is quiet and responsive compared to current gen systems. Realistically, I think I will enjoy it much more by next summer or possibly holiday when it has a healthier software lineup. To that end, I'm glad I picked it up since I'd definitely want one prior to a price drop and this way I get to see the platform evolve from the beginning...

JCole360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JCole360

it's really good! to me it feels like a more powerful 360 and i don't mean that in a negative way. they haven't added any crazy features or anything except for streaming, which is pretty fricken awesome if you can get ppl to watch. But overall it just does what the 360 did last gen, but faster and with more power. the inovation will come as they iterate on the UI and add new features, but as of right now it's clear the set out to just make a killer game machine and they 100% succeeded......Now we just have to wait for the games to come out , especially the first party games because they will be the ones to really take advantage of the power this baby has. I'm glad i got one and i'm excited to see what the future has in store for the platform.

with all that said tho i really hardly turn mine on, and the main reason is because most of my friends are on the X1 so that's where i spend a lot of my time. As time goes i really hope more of my friends pick up the PS4 because i absolutely love it, but i play games to be social with my friends and until they get the PS4 it will still be one of my secondary consoles.

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than a lack of customizeable UI/themes, no complaints here. Got mine day 1 and it's been working fine ever since. Only issue I've seen is sometimes it doesn't appear system updates install while in stand-by mode, but they could probably patch in a fix for this later.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall, no real complaints. I think it could use some improvements in areas, like the friends list (as an example) not being easy to sort/manage etc... Also, some UI customization would be great.

Otherwise, it's been working great.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've been satisfied so far, I just want more games to play on it dammit. I think I might finally try Don't starve when it comes out next week for Ps+.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good!...kinda. I love everything about it except I have no urge to play the games.

I have an Xbox One and PS4 hooked up now. Yet I feel compelled at this very moment to unhook those things and hook my PS3 back up and play the backlog of games I didn't finish. Sadly I only have room for 2 consoles under my TV so that would kind of be a pain.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By warxsnake

I got it day one, played like 2 hrs of Rivals, and went back to PC. Hasn't been on since.

Waiting on better exclusives I guess, otherwise there's not much going on.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy it! My only complaints/suggestions:

• Needs more games.
  • Needs an ability to share videos/screenshots on playstation itself. I refuse to use facebook or twitter. They already have the "Whats New" space. You should be able to post things there and tag the friends you want to see it.

Besides that I think its a fantastic system. The only other problems I have are with EA and the stability with BF4. It's a great game, but its super frustrating losing single player progress this long after launch and the ever present stability issues with the multiplayer.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost cancelled my pre-order once I heard that Watch Dogs was delayed but I am so glad I didn't. Experiencing AC4 on the PS4 as well as FIFA 14 has been a complete blast.

I just got a Vita for X-mas from my wife, so that just rounds the system out with remote play.

Console launches are always a little lite with the games, but I have been playing the hell out of my PS4 since I got it. I think all of the improvements it has over the PS3 definitely makes it a must buy.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By j3ffro919

My only complaint is me related - I have an 8 week old daughter so gaming time is very limited. The little bit of AC4 I've played has been fantastic, BF4 has been great (and with minimal issues compared to what I've read everyone else has dealt with), Resogun isn't usually my cup of tea but it's enjoyable.

I turned on my ps3 recently to do something and it was painful to navigate after getting used to the ps4 - and I didn't have major issues with the ps3 infrastructure outside of lack of a party system.

sonicrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought for sure I'd buy Battlefield 4 for the thing, but it's so broken I didn't bother. My fiancee's playing New Vegas on PS3 right now, I'm playing a ton of NHL 14 (probably more than I've played a hockey game since NHL 96) and I got Wind Waker HD for Christmas, so there's a whole lot of reasons for us to turn on the PS3 and Wii U, and no reason to power the PS4.