How does the PS4 hold up so far for you guys???

• 129 results
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I've had it since launch but honestly have only played maybe an hour in total. Own that call of duty game, battlefield, assassin's creed, killzone, but they're all pretty boring or buggy. Feels like a first world problem you know, but seriously meh, it's pretty lame. Also it has this problem where it doesn't even start up properly and won't display anything on the TV sometimes, and won't turn off after that until you unplug it. Maybe in 6 months there will be something worth playing. Oh joy.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Sooty

I'm getting pissed off with the license bug. I have to log out then log back in whenever I start my PS4 up after sleep or power off or I can't launch any apps or use DLC. I don't understand how they haven't fixed this yet.

@joeltgm said:

I've had it since launch but honestly have only played maybe an hour in total. Own that call of duty game, battlefield, assassin's creed, killzone, but they're all pretty boring or buggy. Feels like a first world problem you know, but seriously meh, it's pretty lame. Also it has this problem where it doesn't even start up properly and won't display anything on the TV sometimes, and won't turn off after that until you unplug it. Maybe in 6 months there will be something worth playing. Oh joy.

Battlefield 4 on PS4 works fine and has done for me since it came out, the sound bugs and crashing went away for me in December.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By reisz

@marcsman said:

The only complaint I have about the PS4 is the 3 month wait for inFamous Second Son

Yep, just over one month now though!

Otherwise I'm stoked to be playing Strider with that Controller. I couldn't be happier with mine.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At this point I've owned the PS4 for 1 month. I just, well... It's okay. The UI has been really annoying to navigate. As well as the PlayStation store. I own PS Plus, I don't want to sift through 100000+ ads to buy more ps plus. I just want to see whats this months game and whats in the store. Black Flag and shadow fall played fine and looked great and I love the controller, but it's been unplugged for a while and the PS3 is back in it's spot. I have games that I want to finish there until probably drive club comes out.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By phantomzxro

@cbyrne said:

At this point I've owned the PS4 for 1 month. I just, well... It's okay. The UI has been really annoying to navigate. As well as the PlayStation store. I own PS Plus, I don't want to sift through 100000+ ads to buy more ps plus. I just want to see whats this months game and whats in the store. Black Flag and shadow fall played fine and looked great and I love the controller, but it's been unplugged for a while and the PS3 is back in it's spot. I have games that I want to finish there until probably drive club comes out.

I wonder what annoys you about navigating? I find it very simple and quick to use. The only things i would really change or add is more sorting tools and having custom options like backgrounds and color themes. Also 100000+ ad is very hyperbole. Sure PSN store has more ad splash pages but its not quite hard to get to games at all.

The few bad things i could say about the ps4 comes down to three things.

1 - It still needs fine tuning. Little things like notifications showing up more than once, download sorting, and more detail on whats downloading. Things like this need to be clean up, nothing major at the moment but these little things do add up.

2 - Losing features that are on the ps3. I don't understand MS or Sony thinking in leaving out features that was on the systems before.

3 - Add 1 & 2 with the fact that there is not really a huge game to say you need a ps4 right now. Which boils down to the ps4 not going to replace your ps3 proper quite yet.

Khronikos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's okay. The firmware is still complete and utter crap. I still can't even select LPCM 2.0

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Only downside so far is the lack of games. And the outrageous prices on PSN.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The BR drive electronics conked out on my unit :D

Mocca_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be perfectly honest I was kinda disappointed up until the day before yesterday.

I was putting in more time with the PS3 due to the lack of (for me) interesting games on de new console. But I just started with the Killzone multiplayer and it's a real blast! Had a lot of fun with it and I think that it'll keep me busy until later this month!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By fattony12000

Sony PS4 = 6.0 million units sold-through as of March 2nd, 2014.

Nintendo Wii U = 5.86 million units shipped to retailers as of December 31st, 2013.

Wii U units shipped

• 1 month: December 31st, 2012: 3.06 million
  • 4 months: March 31st, 2013: 3.45 million
  • 7 months: June 30th, 2013: 3.61 million
  • 10 months: September 30th, 2013: 3.91 million
  • 13 months: December 30th, 2013: 5.86 million

PS4 units sold

• 1 day - November 16th, 2013 - 1 million
  • 2 weeks - December 1st, 2013 - 2.1 million
  • 1 month - December 28th, 2013 - 4.2 million
  • 3 months - February 8th, 2014 - 5.3 million
  • 3.5 months - March 2nd, 2014 - 6.0 million

PS1

• 4 months (one territory) - March 31st, 1995 - 0.85 million
  • 10 months - September 30th, 1995 - 1.77 million
  • 16 months - March 31st, 1996 - 4.26 million
  • 22 months - September 30th, 1996 - 8.07 million
  • 28 months - March 31st, 1997 - 13.50 million
  • 34 months - September 30th, 1997 - 22.50 million

PS2

• 1 month (one territory) - March 31st, 2000 - 1.41 million
  • 7 months (one territory) - September 30th, 2000 - 3.52 million
  • 13 months - March 31st, 2001 - 10.61 million
  • 19 months - September 30th, 2001 - 19.58 million
  • 22 months - December 31st, 2001 - 24.99 million
  • 25 months - March 31st, 2002 - 28.68 million
  • 28 months - June 30th, 2002 - 33.27 million
  • 31 months - September 30th, 2002 - 41.56 million
  • 34 months - December 31st, 2002 - 49.59 million

PS3

• 1 month - December 31st, 2006 - 1.7 million
  • 4 months - March 31st, 2007 - 3.5 million
  • 7 months - June 30th, 2007 - 4.2 million
  • 10 months - September 30th, 2007 - 5.5 million
  • 13 months - December 31st, 2007 - 10.4 million
  • 16 months - March 31st, 2007 - 12.6 million
  • 19 months - June 30th, 2007 - 14.2 million
  • 22 months - September 30th, 2007 - 16.6 million
  • 25 months - December 31st, 2007 - 21.1 million
  • 28 months - March 31st, 2008 - 22.7 million
  • 31 months - June 30th, 2008 - 23.8 million
  • 34 months - September 30th, 2008 - 27.0 million
No Caption Provided

From NeoGAF.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I bought my PS4 last Friday and now just a couple of hours ago while the system was off (not Standby Mode) it makes a beeping noise and ejects my copy of Killzone. Turn it on and the drive constantly makes this weird sound and won't accept any Blu-Ray disc, like it won't suck it in. I turn it off and then two hours later it makes the beeping noise non-stop so I turn it on and lo-and-behold the drive works again. Still going to get an exchange though.

Avatar image for callsignneptune
callsignneptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it so far, only issue I've experienced is the damn controller analogue stick grips starting to wear down which really shouldn't be happening this early.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoying the PS4 so far, loving games like SteamWorld Dig and Child of Light, but I am a bit tired of downloadables, really hankering for a meaty, quality title. Hopefully Watch Dogs or Wolfenstein can fulfil that need for me.

Also don't like the analogue sticks on the DS4, they don't feel as responsive as the DS3 sticks. Also need MP3 support, c'mon Sony, what's up with that?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The UI needs to be a little more thought out IMO, but overall, great system.

WYZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is great except what has previously been said in this thread : Controllers grip wearing off, not many games, expensive PSN prices.

I feel that the 500GB HDD is going to run out in a year or so. I'll probably look to buy a 1TB one though.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#116  Edited By monkeyking1969
No Caption Provided

If the Analog nubs are wearing out...

It probably means your are pushing the sticks at the very edge, meaning you put a lot of force on a tiny amount of rubber right at the very edge. I notice at lot of people have this very bad habit with PS4 after switching.

Last generation, I just stopped fiddling with the controls on games. I just used the standard config and and held the controller loosely and put my thumbs in the middle of each analog stick. It took a few weeks, but after that all my gamers were just easier...no fiddling around either. The only remapping I do would be for driving games, where I like gas and break on the right side shoulder buttons instead of X and [_].

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've had mine for about 10 hours now. Played a bit of contrast (no good) and resogun (pretty great). Shame there are no retail games for the thing worth getting until the UFC game.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By OneLoneClone

I don't care for the controller or UI, but am ready to set that aside when there are some great exclusives to play. Also, my trigger squeaks.

Avatar image for theirishcuisine
TheIrishCuisine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like my PS4, it's a great console with a few teething problems. I expect those to be patched out, or at least patched so that they are better.

I want to get the things that i dislike out of the way first.

1. I really wish there was some control over the UI, i always feel that it's cluttered. I should be able to choose which games go where, or at least have it put the games that are installed at the forefront instead of having to scroll through a ton of unistalled games, that i have played most recently. Sony could also just put the games library at the very beginning of the "list" and i would be fine with that.

2. The party system is a little weird for me. I don't use it all that often, but when i do, I always end up running into trouble. Now, I'll be honest, I don't know if it is actually Sony's fault or not. When me and my friends join up in a party, one of my friends can never connect. And i can't connect to him. I've come to the conclusion that it's a difference in NAT types, and that was a problem for me and another friend on the xbox 360.

3. I want to change my wallpaper.

4. Every notification should have the ability to be jumped by the press of the Playstation button.

Here's what I like.

1. The system is very smooth. The transition between the game, the home screen (if you will), then the netflix or amazon instant video app is fantastic. I know it's not a big deal, but suspending a game and then watching a tv show, and coming back to the game in the same place is great. I'm really excited for the standby version of this and hopefully that comes out soon.

2. The Playstation Store. I don't know if anyone else had the same problems I did with the PS3 playstation store, but I'll assume people know what I'm talking about. On the ps4, It's great. It can be a little slow at times, but then it kicks and figures it out and all problems are gone. I remember having to wait for the playstation store to load on the ps3 and then have it just hiccup every time I wanted to look at the next "slide". It's so much better on PS4 and I'm so happy it is.

3. Downloading games with out waiting an eternity to play them is nice as always. The ps3 seemed to take way longer than it should. It took me 3 hours to download MGS3, and that was (I think) 9 gigs. If i was to compare that to steam, a 9 gig game takes me 30 maybe 45 minutes.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zaccheus said:

@marcsman said:

The only complaint I have about the PS4 is the 3 month wait for inFamous Second Sons

Yeah, it has been excellent so far, but it's really hard to say anything definitive before more games come out. Buying a new console this soon is always going to be a bet for the future.

The controller is just sublime I have to say, I recently played Batman: Arkham Origins on a DS3 and it was pretty awful to go back.

yea i plug in the ps4 controller to the ps3 now, just cant go back.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

only complaint is i want more games to play on it.

Wolfenstein, transistor, and watch dogs seem to be up next, but after that, seems there's a big stretch of nothing till basically arkham knight, hope e3 starts filling up that space.

and i hope that big empty space is where sony is planning to release all those indie games they keep signing on.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mrfluke said:

@zaccheus said:

@marcsman said:

The only complaint I have about the PS4 is the 3 month wait for inFamous Second Sons

Yeah, it has been excellent so far, but it's really hard to say anything definitive before more games come out. Buying a new console this soon is always going to be a bet for the future.

The controller is just sublime I have to say, I recently played Batman: Arkham Origins on a DS3 and it was pretty awful to go back.

yea i plug in the ps4 controller to the ps3 now, just cant go back.

Yeah I played all the way through Demon Soul's, Dark Souls and South Park with the PS4 controller. The cord is a bit annoying but there is just no going back for me either.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit underwhelmed to be honest. I found Infamous to be a generic, boring game with very little variation in mission structure and an uninteresting story. My PS4 has pretty much been a fifa machine which i guess is ok. But yeah, underwhelmed. Wouldn't say i regret it, i'm just..... underwhelmed. Did i mention i feel underwhelmed by it ?

riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

currently playing Lego marvel, BF$ and Amazing spider man 2.

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Bombanana

Bought it at launch but i didn´t enjoy it much tbh. Was a huge let down to me. I traded it in already. The PS4 just did not make much sense to me. I am owning a 3DS, PC, WiiU and the last gen consoles. The controller is nice but i do not like the analog stick placement. No problem with them being symetrical but they are just placed too low. It feels uncomfortable for me. A friend of mine loves it though and he´s a life long gamer as well and says that it´s by far the most comfortable controller that he has ever used, so that´s really just personal preference. The DS4 is a great controller. in my opinion all the systems now have pretty solid controllers.

I don´t like the PS4 UI at all. It just feels boring and uninspired to me. It´s just no fun to use. I even prefered the XMB over the new UI. I also find the Vita UI atrocious. I just can´t get into the Sony gaming systems anymore it seems - they just don´t feel right to me. I love to use Steam eventhough it can be a bit clunky too and i really dig the Miiverse. I absolutely love the 360 and the One UI but i wont tolerate the ads on there and i never will.

I can´t see any reasons to buy into a PS4 at the moment and cannot see anything on the horizon that could change that - but who knows. It CAN change...

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By Stealthmaster86

I've had it for about a week and I enjoy it. Played and beaten Second Son twice. Playing Mercenary Kings, Resogun, Blacklight: Retribution, and got Stick it to the Man ready to play. Been using the Share button quite a bit too.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only complaint I have with the system so far is that the "last 15 minutes" recording feature doesn't work properly a lot of the time. This has resulted in me manually starting the recording myself by double-tapping the share button.
I could see someone complaining that there are very few games available for the system atm, but for me (someone who both works and studies), the number of games on there are more than enough for the amount of free time I have.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: Right now I do not have a thing to play with it besides COD and NFS. I have to wait until next Tuesday for Watch Dogs. Give us more games........................

Just like Bernie Mac I'm Mr. 3000.

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how is Wolfenstein you guys?

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobyus said:

how is Wolfenstein you guys?

It's good, but honestly, it feels like it deserves to be played on PC. The combat is just begging to be played like Quake, but on a controller it feels very clunky and it encourages a play-style that isn't conducive to showing the game in its best light. If you can run it on PC, play it there. Either way, it's still pretty good.

And yeah, I dig the PS4 so far. Mainly just waiting for more shit to play. I have Transistor, but I'm waiting to play that with a friend of mine, I've been playing Trials Fusion a fair bit, and I have Outlast waiting to be played, which I'm excited for, but I've too distracted with King's Field 4 and Shadow Tower Abyss on PS2 to really devote much time to any of them... Which... Says a lot really. Nothing released for the PS4 yet feels properly balls to the wall compelling. Just a bunch of super hollow modern gaming "experiences" where I don't really feel like I'm experiencing all that much. The actual console itself is fucking sick though. I love the design and feel of the console's OS, love the controller, runs nice and quiet. Just needs the library to back it up. Or rather, it just needs Project Beast...