#1 Edited by White (1377 posts) -

Specifically our friends outside of the US.

I just found out that the console is launching at 520USD for HK and SG in December, ~25% more than what it could cost in US. Insane. And it's not like those countries tax like Brazil. Looks like I won't getting one until a price drop hits in 2017 or whatever.

No point importing cause 1) you won't get the warranty and 2) the voltage issue.

How much does it cost for people in Australia, Canada, France, etc.?

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

@white: £425 - I am Getting a Ps4 bundle, Killzone, A camera and 2 Dualshocks.

i am getting a few games with my PS4 so it might be closer to £500.

#3 Posted by Wuddel (2098 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: Well how much is that in USD? No point in comparing if you have not a common standard.

I would pay 449 Swiss Francs = 488 US-$. This includes 8% VAT. This is nothing, though. Minimum wage is around 4300 US-$/month.

#4 Edited by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -
#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

Canada is $399

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

Well its $399 USD here but since I get a store discount Ill pay $381 because I get 10% off anything we sell at work.

#7 Posted by Humanity (9579 posts) -

@white: Voltage shouldn't be an issue as it wasn't for the PS3 - it worked on both 112 and 220, you just needed to exchange the power cable. Warranty would be an issue.

I'll be paying the equivalent of $450 USD for mine but that's only because I know a guy that runs a store and he gets "store" prices for bulk orders. Normally it would be around $560 USD.

#8 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

In Sweden it costs about $596, at least that's what my highly scientific google search tells me.

#9 Posted by Zaccheus (1797 posts) -

In Finland it's 449,90€ (605,40$), that includes a 24% VAT.

#10 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

529 Swiss Francs - which is currently 575.35$. That's for the base console and Killzone Shadow Fall (was actually forced to buy Killzone, lest my retailer would not have honored my preorder).

I'm also getting Need for Speed Rivals with that. I already have bought Battlefield 4 and Premium digitally on PS3, which I will upgrade to the PS4 version.

Between these games, especially BF4 Premium and NfS Rivals, and Playstation Plus and Free 2 Play - all my bases are covered for a good long while.

#11 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

@seppli: For me i am hoping BF4 PS3 version which costs goes down in price around black friday time so i can use the next gen upgrade system and get the PS4 version cheaper.

#12 Posted by Rafaelfc (1381 posts) -

The blood of 10 innocent children.

#13 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

3500-3800 NOK(566-614 USD). Pretty cheap compared to the PS3 at launch(6000NOK~970USD |Not adjusted for inflation)

#14 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@seppli: For me i am hoping BF4 PS3 version which costs goes down in price around black friday time so i can use the next gen upgrade system and get the PS4 version cheaper.

I'm sure there's plenty of smart ways to get BF4 & Premium cheaper, if one is willing to wait. Seeing how I've put nearly 100 hours into BF4 since launch, waiting to play BF4 is clearly not something I want to do. In any case, your plan sounds smart. I bet it'll work out fine. Isn't BF4 already confirmed to be 50% off at some major US retailer during Black Friday sales? I'm sure I've read something to that end.

#15 Edited by troll93 (391 posts) -

AUS $550 inc a 10% VAT.

#16 Posted by TheLark (150 posts) -

£350 Pounds, though i've no idea what that is in US Dollars. I'm also undecided on what game to get with it so it could rise! At the minute its just me and the box...

#17 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1803 posts) -

@seppli said:

529 Swiss Francs - which is currently 575.35$. That's for the base console and Killzone Shadow Fall (was actually forced to buy Killzone, lest my retailer would not have honored my preorder).

That sounds fucking shady, I would have just cancelled the preorder rather than be extorted like that. I don't know, maybe I wouldn't since I am getting Killzone anyway, but that just sounds like a really scummy way to do business.

#18 Edited by AMyggen (3313 posts) -

NOK 4000 (Norway), which is about 644 USD.

I'm just glad I don't live in Argentina or especially Brazil. Those guys got it rough, protectionism ain't no joke for the consumer.

#19 Edited by hakunin (395 posts) -

3499 DKR = about 630 USD. Yeah...

#20 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:

@seppli said:

That sounds fucking shady, I would have just cancelled the preorder rather than be extorted like that. I don't know, maybe I wouldn't since I am getting Killzone anyway, but that just sounds like a really scummy way to do business.

According to the email I got, Sony's alloting launch day PS4s to retailers only if they buy 2 or 3 Sony games per box (not sure which it was). My retailer is unwilling to carry the risk of overstocking on Knack and Killzone just to get enough boxes to honor the preorders, so they let their customers decide if they want to upgrade or not.

It's a no fuss no muss retailer I've been dealing with for many years. Any customer in good standing can cancel preorders at any time at no cost, and I can run a tab. I'm not paying my games and even the PS4 until I receive them. They send the goods with an invoice, and I can pay the bill at my leisure within a month without them getting antsy.

Sure - it's a little crummy, but not shady. Oh well, I have a fleeting interest in Killzone anyways, so it wasn't that big of a deal - and I sure as hell don't want to wait until March or whenever these boxes will become readily available. Can't wait to finally play BF4 on hardware actually capable of running the game properly, without framerate dips to single digits and regular lock-ups.

#21 Posted by White (1377 posts) -

Anyone figure out why the majority outside of the US are getting these consoles for at least 500USD? I cannot imagine the hike was due to taxes and shipping, especially for countries that have free trade agreements.

Makes me think Sony just wants to offset their losses somehow.

#22 Posted by Nightriff (5143 posts) -

399 just console.

Include games, extra controller, ps+.... almost have double probably.

#23 Edited by Strife777 (1604 posts) -

I'm in Canada, Quebec to be specific, and with taxes it costs me 466,20.

That is in Canadian dollars of course. So about 20 USD.

#24 Posted by CByrne (238 posts) -
#25 Edited by LiquidPrince (16003 posts) -

$399 in Canada.