Killzone Multiplayer

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been wanting to try the multiplayer for a while and after a handful of games, I'm glad I didn't buy it.

It feels like the Killzone series has always been for weirdos who wanted to love a playstation exclusive simply because it's an exclusive. For those who want to ignore battlefield or call of duty for irrational reasons. I'm not talking about someone liking the universe or science fiction. Simply from a gameplay perspective.

Shooters controls on consoles have gotten extremely precise and killzone feels ancient. The DS4 sticks aren't great, but this game feels slow. Even pushing the sensitivity up to 80% makes little difference. Everything feels slow. Button responsiveness isn't great either. There is a noticeable delay between tapping the grenade button and throwing it. That's not even a problem with the controls, the game throws grenades slowly, but switching to the shield and using it is instant. I don't even feel like using the grenade because it feels like a chore.

Hit detection doesn't seem great either. I don't know if that's because of other players or their servers, but seeing a message on the left side of the screen saying something about connection issues should not happen in your premier first person shooter.

The gameplay is not as tight as call of duty or battlefield. The shooting doesn't feel as good. I don't play call of duty any more but I would play that over this game. Why anyone would play killzone over those games is beyond me.

I logged in around noon eastern time and there were between 4k-5k players.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy it. My experience is literally the complete opposite of everything you've mentioned. Which is fine, but it's interesting how two people can view the same thing.

I have CoD: Ghosts on PS4 and I play Battlefield 4 on PC. I'm not a weirdo that wants to love a Playstation exclusive, but I've played way more Killzone than CoD. I actually turned the sensitivity down from the default and I do well. I think because it's slower, it works better for consoles. Normally console shooters feel like complete garbage to me in terms of control. No game has ever got the balance between precision and speed correct, IMO. It's not meant to play like CoD. Killzone has always had a heavy/slower pace in multiplayer. That being said, Killzone 3 was a better multiplayer game.

Hit detection has been fine in my experience, and I never have connection issues even on wireless.

Sucks that your experience wasn't great. Luckily the free trial kept you from wasting money on something you wouldn't have enjoyed. People just enjoy different things. I play Killzone, CoD, and Battlefield because they all give me something different, depending on my mood. I don't want them to feel similar. I'm more in the "it's different, not worse" camp. But I can understand why a lot of people don't like it. Before the free trial, there were never more than 2,000 players on at the times I play.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mercutio123

I didn't like how Killzone 1 felt but I thought Killzone 2's very deliberate, weighty feeling was very satisfying to me and much prefer that over K3. Haven't played Shadow Fall but I don't think that Killzone is for 'weirdos', seems pretty judgemental just because you don't like it.

TripleBased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TripleBased

I didn't like how Killzone 1 felt but I thought Killzone 2's very deliberate, weighty feeling was very satisfying to me and much prefer that over K3. Haven't played Shadow Fall but I don't think that Killzone is for 'weirdos', seems pretty judgemental just because you don't like it.

Shadow Fall's gameplay is very KZ3 like but it focuses less on what KZ3 did, it's moreso in the vein of KZ2 regarding teamwork and objectives and less emphasis on racking up fast kills.

That's why I like it a fair bit I suppose, even if I did like KZ2's weighty controls.

JCole360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillZone just didn't grab me like the rest of the games in the series have, i found the MP to be just a bore! i can't put my finger on what it is exactly that makes me feel that way but i just know that i really don't enjoy it one bit. As for the SP it's the first KillZone i haven't finished, after the first 2 days of wowing at the the visuals i found myself asking why the fuck am i even playing this when i'm not having fun.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

@triplebased said:

Go play your boring bro-military shooters and quit raining on my parade mother fucker.

No Caption Provided

Ohh yeah this was fucking hilarious! Best non intentional humor in this forums of late.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The PS4 is way better than the Xbox One for me, but of all the games I got (Killzone, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4, Deadrising 3, Ryse) Killzone is my least favorite. Such a disapointment, I don't like very much about it aside from a few moments in the singleplayer.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

I've purchased all three games mentioned and while your post is pretty fucking ignorant and offensive to be honest I don't have time for this shit. Perhaps play a game longer than three minutes before you get on the internet and whine about it.

Regardless, Killzone is the only one I play almost every day and it's because it's shooting is much more satisfying, enemies as well as you aren't toast in 1-2 bullets and it's crazy balanced and teamwork and communication is essential.

Go play your boring bro-military shooters and quit raining on my parade mother fucker.

I think we found a Killzone fanboy.