• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

No DLNA is kind of a bummer, I guess I'll have to keep my PS3 hooked up for media streaming.

Some of us like an aesthetically pleasing entertainment center, Sony. Now I have to jam more shit in there.

#52 Edited by Snail (8580 posts) -

I'd like to highlight that there are more great/amazing things in that FAQ that should make any video-game player excited for next-gen than there are things to be the least bit upset about.

It's like everyone is anxious to be a cynic just ahead of a new iteration of the most exciting phenomenon in the industry: a new console generation.

That said, even though I never got DLNA to work on my PS3, I did play tracks on it sometimes, and have fond memories of that. So the lack of mp3 does make me bummed, but if I can easily convert my files to a compatible format it's only a minor hassle.

It sounds like a really dumb decision though: why would they want to make it less of a multimedia center? Seriously, it damages their console's image more than it promotes their streaming services. I think that's some simple business math, in my opinion.

EDIT: NO MUSIC VISUALIZER?! OKAY NOW THAT BUMS ME OUT. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND DO THIS SONY. WHY.

#53 Edited by cmblasko (1123 posts) -

How will I import custom entrance themes into next-gen WWE games???

#54 Edited by Sony4LYFE (15 posts) -

Sony proving that they're a GAMING console not a MEDIA CENTER. Sony actually cares about games too much to worry about these unimportant distractions. If I wanted to play MP3s I have a Sony Walkman for that.

#55 Edited by Flappy (2131 posts) -

Good thing I have an ipod. Y'know, so I can listen to music while performing tedious tasks in my vidya games.

#56 Edited by Sony4LYFE (15 posts) -

@flappy:

@flappy said:

Good thing I have an ipod. Y'know, so I can listen to music while performing tedious tasks in my vidya games.

This guy gets it. Sony approves.

#57 Edited by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

Even their TVs have DLNA.

What the.

#58 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

I had to Google DLNA, MP3s I play through Spotify and audio CDs? Did they remove game cartridges too?

#59 Edited by churrific (475 posts) -

That's a bummer. My ps3 is my main streaming box. Worked way better than my Roku ever did for me.

#60 Posted by EXTomar (4500 posts) -

Does the Vita have DLNA? I wonder if how it handles it if at all.

#61 Edited by Teoball (575 posts) -

I have never used any of my consoles to listen to music and I have my PC hooked up to my TV, so this doesn't affect me at all.

#62 Posted by Flappy (2131 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

How will I import custom entrance themes into next-gen WWE games???

I totally forgot about this! YOU DONE FUCKED UP NOW, SONY!

#63 Posted by Vinny_Says (5687 posts) -

I don't give a shit, but EA's sports games are very popular and their soundtracks are mostly shit. I know a lot of people who use their own soundtracks when playing on their PS3s, so I see where the butthurt comes from.

#64 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2570 posts) -

I do use the music function of PS3, but I can say I honestly don't care about this. I have a smartphone, I have other devices in the house that have my music...hell, I have my PS3 right there to use any time I want. I classify this as a 'bummer', but I don't honestly care.

I mean come on, PS3 had a best a 3rd rate visualizer and terrible tools to categorize your music in any meaningful way. It didn't even automatically search for album covers, automatically snag track names, or anything helpful at all.

#65 Edited by probablytuna (3540 posts) -

I'm surprised how many people are pissed off about not being able to listen to music on consoles.

#66 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2135 posts) -

IT ONLY DOES...A FEW THINGS

#67 Edited by VaddixBell (227 posts) -

While not a feature I use often(b/c of how little games support it on PS3), I do actually find this to be particularly "filthy".

I would have likely got a Music Unlimited subscription at some point for the PS4, but that chance has been decreased dramatically.

#68 Edited by Impossibilium (684 posts) -

Sony proving that they're a GAMING console not a MEDIA CENTER. Sony actually cares about games too much to worry about these unimportant distractions. If I wanted to play MP3s I have a Sony Walkman for that.

Exactly. Why have a powerful system that can do everything? They need to start making cell phones that just make calls too. Who needs one Sony device that can act as a GPS, music player and Web browser? Dumb. I can carry around my GPS and laptop and adding extra features just makes the call quality worse. In fact they should remove MP3 and video playback from laptops too. It just reduces the ability of the computer to crunch algorithms and render 3D imagery.

@somejerk said:

Even their TVs have DLNA.

What the.

Even their cell phones have DLNA! And they make a big deal about it on the features list! Now if you want to stream something from your Sony phone to your TV you can do it with everything that isn't a Sony PS4.

#69 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

No music? Who gives a shit.

No streaming from my desktop? Dirty pool, old man!

#70 Posted by MB (11988 posts) -

Seeing as how theres now an article about this that is going to have thousands of comments, lets all head over there.