Only able to get one game for my PS4, which one should it be?

• 52 results
SquareTheRoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Only able to get one game for my PS4, which one should it be? (196 votes)

Battlefield 4 23%
Watch_dogs 77%

Now, obviously, I do realise these two are not the only games set for the launch of the Playstation 4. But they are, however, the two games I have narrowed it down to. So please, share your opinion! Battlefield 4 with it's lasting multiplayer or Watch_dogs 'cause it looks freaking awesome? Neither? Any other suggestions?

Spill your thoughts and help a fellow bomber in need!

• 
jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watchdogs cause its going to be freaking awesome! (Hopefully)

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shivermetimbers

If you got other people to play with, Battlefield, if not, Watch Dogs.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Depends on if you want a multiplayer heavy FPS or a single player focused (but has some online?) open world game.

I'm getting Watch Dogs.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RonGalaxy

Skylanders Swapforce

Joking aside, get bf4 if you have people to play with and don't have a PC that can run it well. If you have no one to play with or/and do have a PC that can run it well, get watch dogs or killzone. Also, throw in the game 'contrast' which is a launch psn game that looks really cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you were way into Battlefield 3 and want more of that, get Battlefield 4. Otherwise, Watch_Dogs looks fucking fantastic. It'll most likely be the game I buy at launch.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Completely different games dude. If you want multiplayer focused gameplay, head out for BF4. If you're into large scale open worlds, head for Watch_Dogs.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

Completely different games dude. If you want multiplayer focused gameplay, head out for BF4. If you're into large scale open worlds, head for Watch_Dogs.

My thoughts too.

I find it weird you're getting a next gen system but not an exclusive to that system. Why not switch out BF4 and get Shadow Fall? (I know not the same style of game but to scratch that FPS itch). Also who's to say what the versions of each of these will be like with all the 'split gen' going on? I'd imagine Forza 5 and Shadow Fall will be better optimised and graphical better looking as they're solely made to take advantages of those systems, not ports as it were.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I would wait for reviews and judge your purchase on that. It's not like there will be a shortage on game discs, and even if there were, there's always digital.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Watch_Dogs.

Battlefield 4 will mostly be a PC thing. I fail to see many people playing it on consoles for any length of time after the first year, and that number will go down even faster once the new CoD comes out. That's kind of what happened to Battlefield 3 on PS3 and 360, so I doubt it would be any different with next-gen consoles.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Haven't played an online shooter in a while, so I'm going with Battlefield.

Watch Dogs looks interesting, and I'd love to explore a city I drive through everyday... but I guess I just don't know how it'll come together in the end.

Guess it comes down to a proven commodity vs. exploring something brand new.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#11  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

I'm a little skeptical of watch dogs... I'm not really sure how they are going to tie everything together with there narrative.... Battlefield 4 you basically know what you are getting... I would wait for reviews since you can only get one game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If you are pretty sure you'll get a lot of mileage out of BF4, then I'd go for it. I voted Watch Dogs because I thought "hey, look, a new IP that's bound to be a little different from everything else!" but I'm not sure if that's the way to go.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By probablytuna

I would say Lego Marvel Super Heroes, but it wasn't one of the options :/

dobschutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War Thunder cause free and rad

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say BF4 not because I think it will be a better game but because you know exactly what you are getting, its another BF game but with a higher player count and nicer graphics than anything that has appeared on consoles before.

Both games will be on PC (if you have the rig to handle it) so eventually they will be discounted. However, if you pick up BF4 down the line you will be SOL since all the hardcore will have out-leveled you. The grind to build up your character will be twice as tedious.

Watch Dogs does indeed look awesome but I'm afraid it will be the same open world game that Ubi has been making for the past five years in a different setting. This may not be a bad thing if the mix up the mission structure. But from what I've seen so far is the typical GTA-style catch-and-evade gameplay.

Both games are releasing on current gen first so you can always wait for the reviews of both to see if they are worth buying on next gen. The dark horses for me are Killzone and the two free PSN games, Resogun and Driveclub.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch_Dogs.

Battlefield 4 will mostly be a PC thing. I fail to see many people playing it on consoles for any length of time after the first year, and that number will go down even faster once the new CoD comes out. That's kind of what happened to Battlefield 3 on PS3 and 360, so I doubt it would be any different with next-gen consoles.

You make it sound like there is nobody playing BF3 on consoles right now but not only both PS3 and 360 sold more copies of BF3 than the PC, but the current player base is still very large and thanks to consoles not having the broken battlelog server browser, find and you can get in any server you want faster than on the PC and guess what, the filters work.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By getting a PS4 you've got the best game of all: Not having an xbastard

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Wait for reviews of the current gen versions if they all come out before the next gen versions. I'm going to cancel my assassins creed 4 pre order if it turns out crap on the reviews for this gen this month

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to choose one I would choose Watch_Dogs. Then if your looking for a multiplayer shooter you could try some of the free to play games Like Blacklight Retribution or if it's out at launch Planetside 2.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

Battlefield 4, because when it comes down to it, Battlefield is the greatest videogame franchise ever to me. Best most memorable gaming moments ever happend in Battlefield games. Highest highs, lowest lows - and everything inbetween.

And what I've played of BF4 has been absolutely delightful.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Opus

Killzone: Shadow Fall, the forests and industrial settings mingling with each other are giving me a nice Star Wars vibe.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By billyhoush

Those are the two games I am getting. I think I would go for Watch_Dogs if I only could get one though.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why dont you just wait for reviews? Those games are both out before the PS4 launches so you should be able to make an educated decision.

If I had to choose though I would think the safe bet is Battlefield. It is a known quantity and if you like those shooters then the multiplayer should last you until you have enough money for another game. Watch Dogs looks super cool, but it is completely unknown outside of demos. For all we know it is a real piece of shit.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MP vs SP, that's the real question. I'll go with Watch Dogs.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

My thoughts too.

I find it weird you're getting a next gen system but not an exclusive to that system. Why not switch out BF4 and get Shadow Fall? (I know not the same style of game but to scratch that FPS itch). Also who's to say what the versions of each of these will be like with all the 'split gen' going on? I'd imagine Forza 5 and Shadow Fall will be better optimised and graphical better looking as they're solely made to take advantages of those systems, not ports as it were.

I was going to recommend that as well, but I guess people go with the safer, more critically received option. I mean, it's pretty safe to say that BF4 will be impressive nonetheless and you know what you're getting into. I've never been a huge fan of Killzone aside from playing a bit of the second game and the old PSP game Liberation. I'm intrigued to check out Mercenary on my Vita and I'll probably pick up Shadow Fall when I get a PS4 next spring.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spookytapes

I'm getting Watch Dogs I guess.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Dogs is my launch day game, and I just hope it lives up to my expectations.

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to pick out of those two I would go with Watch Dogs.

If you are open to suggestions I would say go with Killzone Shadow Fall.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

@razielcuts said:

My thoughts too.

I was going to recommend that as well, but I guess people go with the safer, more critically received option. I mean, it's pretty safe to say that BF4 will be impressive nonetheless and you know what you're getting into. I've never been a huge fan of Killzone aside from playing a bit of the second game and the old PSP game Liberation. I'm intrigued to check out Mercenary on my Vita and I'll probably pick up Shadow Fall when I get a PS4 next spring.

Why choose a game on graphical prowess? Why choose a game over another because its exclusive? Even if killzone is the best looking game ever made it's still going to be a killzone game. I'm tired of shooting dudes in the same way I shot dudes for the last 5 to 10 years. Battlefield has the giant maps, the vehicles, the crazy destruction, the 64 players, Watch_dogs has the open world, the hacking mechanics, the novel multiplayer and Killzone has the ennemies with the red eyes... If you can only buy one game killzone isn't even in the running in my mind.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the launch options, Watch Dogs is your best bet. Went to NYCC this weekend and got to see a bit more of Watch Dogs and I am now looking more forward to it.

AC4 (I haven't played an AC game, since AC2) and Watch Dogs will be my launch games. Just renewed my PS+ so I'll also have Drive Club. Nov 15th is so close!!!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

The dog watching one!

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can get one later I would say BF4 because it feels more like a community type of thing you know? Like we all just bought this fucking awesome console now lets do some gamez.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shinjin977

Most shooter should be play on pc, BF4 included.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Deathstriker

Looks like PC elitists took over the poll. After GTA and Saints Row (plus AC coming) I want a break from open-world games and BF4 seems better anyway. I don't know what games you've played, but if I go next-gen this year I'm getting BF4 on it. Watch Dogs seems like an okay game to rent once I get a break from GTA.

Glitch353

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was kind of in the same situation my self, i had enough for 2 so i decided to get watch_dogs and keep the rest for the ps store. Problem is not even sure what indie stuff will be on there on launch, but maybe i can get a few good bite sized game for the price of a full game.
I know my situation is not the same but i hope that might give you another option.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, if you grew up on CS, UT, Doom or Quake. I grew up on halo and I'd much rather play BF4 multiplayer with a slower, more methodical pace and non twitch based control scheme offered by a console.

Looks like PC elitist took over the poll. After GTA and Saints Row (plus AC coming) I want a break from open-world games and BF4 seems better anyway. I don't know what games you've played, but if I go next-gen this year I'm getting BF4 on it. Watch Dogs seems like an okay game to rent once I get a break from GTA.

Or, if you're not that into multiplayer shooters, Watch_Dogs seems like a much better option. Also, speaking for myself, I'm not sure I could ever get sick of open world games. When comparing single player experiences, they offer so much more possibilities than linear games. Those possibilities are often even more interesting than the one offered by linear games because of the many ways you can approach them.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977 said:

Sure, if you grew up on CS, UT, Doom or Quake. I grew up on halo and I'd much rather play BF4 multiplayer with a slower, more methodical pace and non twitch based control scheme offered by a console.

@deathstriker said:

Looks like PC elitist took over the poll. After GTA and Saints Row (plus AC coming) I want a break from open-world games and BF4 seems better anyway. I don't know what games you've played, but if I go next-gen this year I'm getting BF4 on it. Watch Dogs seems like an okay game to rent once I get a break from GTA.

Or, if you're not that into multiplayer shooters, Watch_Dogs seems like a much better option. Also, speaking for myself, I'm not sure I could ever get sick of open world games. When comparing single player experiences, they offer so much more possibilities than linear games. Those possibilities are often even more interesting than the one offered by linear games because of the many ways you can approach them.

I'm not sick of open-world games in general, I just don't want to play 4 huge ones in the span of a few months. The same goes for hack & slash, RPGs, FPS, etc. I like variety.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pyrodactyl

@deathstriker said:

@pyrodactyl said:
@deathstriker said:

I'm not sick of open-world games in general, I just don't want to play 4 huge ones in the span of a few months. The same goes for hack & slash, RPGs, FPS, etc. I like variety.

I guess I don't really consider open world games a genre. SR4, gta 5, Watch dogs and assassin's creed aren't as related as, let's say, drive club and forza, or syndicate and COD. Their worlds might be big but they base their gameplay on totally different mechanics. If you compared SR4 with prototype or crackdown I might agree with you but I don't think those other games scratch the same hitch for me.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstriker said:

@pyrodactyl said:
@deathstriker said:

I guess I don't really consider open world games a genre. SR4, gta 5, Watch dogs and assassin's creed aren't as related as, let's say, drive club and forza, or syndicate and COD. Their worlds might be big but they base their gameplay on totally different mechanics. If you compared SR4 with prototype or crackdown I might agree with you but I don't think those other games scratch the same hitch for me.

GTA, SR, and Watch Dogs are all very similar. They're all 3rd person action games where you're running/driving around an open-world urban city for dozens of hours. That's like saying COD and BF aren't similar. AC is somewhat different from the other 3, but they're all definitely similar. I'll play them all, but not back to back.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:

@deathstriker said:

@pyrodactyl said:
@deathstriker said:

GTA, SR, and Watch Dogs are all very similar. They're all 3rd person action games where you're running/driving around an open-world urban city for dozens of hours. That's like saying COD and BF aren't similar. AC is somewhat different from the other 3, but they're all definitely similar. I'll play them all, but not back to back.

Looks like Ubisoft agreed and put some space between GTA and SR while not cannibalizing sales with AC... smart move. Watch Dogs 2014 now.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i guess it is battlefield 4 now.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ubisoft solved your problem for you.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I change my vote.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I was going to say Knack but it's not an option. You should take the loss of Battlefield 4 as a sign it's not the one to get in any case.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well, this decision has been officially decided.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Verendus

Since Watch Dogs is delayed, BF4 is the only answer.

I would've bought BF4 before Watch Dogs anyway.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstriker: I'm much more inclined to think the team needed more time to finish the game. No way they would miss holiday, console launchs and black friday on purpose.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Watch Dogs.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pr1mus said:

Ubisoft solved your problem for you.

So nice of them.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Deathstriker

@deathstriker: I'm much more inclined to think the team needed more time to finish the game. No way they would miss holiday, console launchs and black friday on purpose.

I obviously can't say dev time didn't have anything to do with it, but Ubisoft doesn't care about the holidays, they've often released big games in March and summer. The console launch hardly affects them, if anything they'll be more next-gen consoles sold in 2014. There's no major disadvantage by doing this... other than some very hardcore gamers worrying about if it'll be glitchy later.