Patch Sizes for PS4 Games

MySpaghet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey Bombers

My internet while relatively fast is also very limited in how many gigs of data I get to use each month, after the getting the XBOX ONE I've found that Forza 5 had a 6 GIG Day one patch and everything else is between 1-1.5 gig which for me is pretty shitty, as I'm getting a PS4 is a few days I'm wondering what the patch sizes are for each of the respective launch titles, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ShadowSkill11

It's designed for people with broadband. You upgraded you console now upgraded your ISP.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shadowskill11: Why such a passive-agressive response ? I've got a broadband connection and still have download limits where I live. New gen console can be pretty crappy in that area.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By StingingVelvet

Yeah, the consoles are not designed for bandwidth limits, because they're US-focused and most areas of the US have unlimited. Sucks, and I bet it changes. People who buy 50GB digitially today might be sad when their ISP puts in a cap in a few years.

Anyway... Assassin's Creed 4 and Killzone patches have been around 100MB, which isn't bad at all. Battlefield 4 on the other hand has huge patches. It's going to depend on the game.

MySpaghet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I completely understand about the internet requirements of these consoles, If my problem was a simple as changing ISP then I would have done so years ago

I live in a new housing estate with no adsl exchanges in range, the previous government in Australia put in motion a national broadband ftth network a few years ago, halting the development of any new exchanges, the NBN however has taken a long time to get going and just as it was about to be installed in my area the government was voted out. The NBN has effectively been cancelled by the new government which means I am now stuck on 4G wireless with a shitty data cap until I move (not an option for 6 months)

Thanks @stingingvelvet and @fear_the_booboo for the help, 100 MB is awesome by comparison.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fear_the_booboo: passive agressive? Just simple logic. Things aren't going to start magically using less bandwidth. The guy needs to act or get used to his situation. Why you would choose to have a capped ISP is beyond me. Much like picking what neighborhood has great schools and low crime you should also add what ISPs are in the area.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By fattony12000

File sizes are only going to get bigger and bigger, I'm afraid, duder. More Ps, more GBs, more DLCs, more textures, more better (bigger) textures, more multiplayers, more patches, Dat Cloud, dat constant updating of OS, apps and games in the background, dat video streaming upload and download bandwidth. More more more!

I'm lucky in that I live in a small, rural, English town and can still get fibre to cabinet. Which is nice. Fast Internet access was not always a thing that I had.

No Caption Provided

You just gots to gets dat 28k, dawg.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@shadowskill11: What you need to understand is that being stuck with a capped ISP isn't a choice for everyone. In some countries, or some areas of some countries, it's all you get. That's why your first response kinda make you sound like a douche.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RonGalaxy

File sizes are only going to get bigger and bigger, I'm afraid, duder. More Ps, more GBs, more DLCs, more textures, more better (bigger) textures, more multiplayers, more patches. More more more!

No Caption Provided

What are you uploading that amounts to so much in 23 days? That seems like an insanely high amount.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fattony12000
@naru_joe93 said:
@fattony12000 said:

File sizes are only going to get bigger and bigger, I'm afraid, duder. More Ps, more GBs, more DLCs, more textures, more better (bigger) textures, more multiplayers, more patches, Dat Cloud, dat constant updating of OS, apps and games in the background, dat video streaming upload and download bandwidth. More more more!

I'm lucky in that I live in a small, rural, English town and can still get fibre to cabinet. Which is nice. Fast Internet access was not always a thing that I had.

No Caption Provided

What are you uploading that amounts to so much in 23 days? That seems like an insanely high amount.

I've...er...been doing some...things.

No Caption Provided

I think my record for upload in a single month is about 800 GB, bear in mind that this isn't any of that naughty Kazaa stuff. Pretty much all my shit is video 'work' + video game things getting pushed around the Internet's digital tubes.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Internet speed and bandwidth is a choice. Much like deciding to move to an area with nice schools or close access to stores. If you didn't take into account what ISPs are in the area that's your fault. Live with your choice or do something about it. If you pick the former get used to the equivalent of counting calories like a Weight Watchers member in a grocery store.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Internet speed and bandwidth is a choice. Much like deciding to move to an area with nice schools or close access to stores. If you didn't take into account what ISPs are in the area that's your fault. Live with your choice or do something about it. If you pick the former get used to the equivalent of counting calories like a Weight Watchers member in a grocery store.

Please chill out, you're being kind of a jerk, dude.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

What people are trying to say is that you can make your point without coming across as a jerk.