Playstation 4 Price Drop(?) Possibly for Canada

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For anyone who doesn't know the PS4 in Canada had a price raise to 449.99 but some "leaked" Canadian flyers are showing it back at 399.99 if anyone is interested.

http://www.walmart.ca/flyer

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JJBSterling

Pretty strange considering how the price of the actual games has gone up significantly as of late.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

They should have done this back when Microsoft brought the Xbone down to 400$.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's about time. Microsoft has been seeming to be trying a lot harder to sell consoles (in terms of pricing) in Canada than Sony has - but they are playing catch-up so it makes sense.

IMO the best console deal in Canada right now is the refurbished Xbox One with Kinect for $350. I have been circling that one for a while, because during the launch window of a couple of bog games they have also included a free copy of that game with the refurb'ed console. I wish I had jumped on it when I had the chance to get Sunset Overdrive for free with it.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now remove those 69.99 next gen games...

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cat_herder

I'd be surprised if this is permanent considering the Canadian dollar is still doing very poorly.

(At the time of writing 400 USD is equal to 507 CAD, we're getting it cheaper than Americans considering the relative price).

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asilentprotagonist: it actually seems to be going up to $74.99. some new games coming have that price MGS5 for example.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GERALTITUDE

oh please god bring the price of games back down. Alternative, pay me more.

The console you can get on sale here and there, as low as 350 I have seen.

Ranty: I get it, ok, I know how exchange rates work but the 74.99 for a game is not at all affordable for near anyone I know. That's just a crazy amount. The jump in prices reminds me of way back when the same thing happened to comic books overnight, only in that case it was effectively a double. In the current sad state of my life I make ~30,000 CAD a year, which is something like ~23,000 USD. It's not a lot of money, and I'm in Alberta, where our income stats are wildly thrown off by oil money. Trust me, the average "household" does not make 80,000 a year here. That ain't average. All of my friends who are 25-35 make no more than 30-50k CAD and those are all graduates with degrees both practical and art oriented.

Nearly everyone I know has contemplated an XBONE at this point purely because the price is so much better than the PS4. Games seem to be the same price across the board though.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By flameboy84

Wait that's not a price drop! That was the original price when it came out because it was $100 cheaper than the Xbox One at launch.

Sick of game pricing here....slowly creeped up from $59.99 to $69.99 and now I've noticed a bunch of preorders for games this winter that are now $74.99. Thank god I got my preorders in when future shop were doing that $20 off each game if you order 3. Even more thankful that best buy are still honoring it even though they shut down :(