Posted by paulmd (17 posts) 8 months, 9 days ago

Poll: Please tell me what one PS4 game I should buy (145 votes)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 34%
Injustice 1%
NBA 2K14 9%
Need for Speed Rivals 6%
Fifa 14 1%
Battlefield 4 23%
CoD: Ghosts 1%
Madden 25 1%
Killzone Shadow Fall 19%
Knack 5%

They all look pretty great.

#1 Posted by Joker369 (868 posts) -

That NBA 2k game sure looks nice. Not sure how much you like sports games though.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10466 posts) -

Well, what do you want? I would say Killzone if you want an FPS that looks great and has a decent campaign, but AC IV if you want to be a pirate?

#3 Posted by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

Injustice

#4 Posted by Nightriff (4911 posts) -

Personally the game I'm most excited for is NBA 2K14. It's been a few years since I've played something from the franchise so I'm ready for another association. Killzone looks cool to me but reviews have been mixed. I think I'll enjoy Killzone because I don't play as many shooters as I used to but kinda disappointed from the reception it has received. Thanks to the Amazon B2,1F I'm getting Battlefield 4, hopes its good, looks gorgeous. Just worried because I wasn't a big fan of 3 but we shall see on Friday.

#5 Posted by flindip (533 posts) -

If you only can get one game at launch? Battlefield 4….

Shows off the console tech, robust multiplayer, longevity etc...

#6 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

I wouldn't buy any of those, but AC IV looks alright, so go for that.

#7 Posted by mrfluke (5089 posts) -

gotta be a bit more specific with your tastes.

Killzone, AC4, and Injustice are solid choices.

#8 Edited by Strife777 (1500 posts) -

Right now, according to reviews, AC4 would be your best bet. I'm at the point where I don't care about reviews and I'm getting Killzone and Knack too anyway. I might get Need for Speed later as well.

But take into consideration I'm not into sports games and I think Battlefield should be played on PC.

#9 Posted by wjb (1636 posts) -

I dunno, man. Do some research.

#10 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

I would go with AC IV. Open world shit !

#11 Posted by jeanespinosa21 (84 posts) -

I hear that killzone is just okay at best and knack is getting destroyed by reviewers. Best thing to do is just get a safe game you know you will like for the first game and just enjoy indie games like resogun and contrast that look great because honestly ps4 doesn't have a compelling game until infamous in feburary

#12 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 4. It has the most solid and longest campaign from what I'm reading. A multiplayer focused game like Battlefield 4 would be a bad choice if you're like me and get bored of online after an hour or two since you are only getting one.

#13 Posted by SomeJerk (3138 posts) -

My personal choice is KZ:SF since it's got multiplayer and it is a graphical showcase. Whatever kind of game are you interested in?

Knack is a family friendly action-platformer with basic gameplay mechanics, I'm not surprised by its ratings, but I do have a hard time justifying investing $60 in it despite my want to play, master and speedrun it for the extra challenge :(

#14 Posted by paulmd (17 posts) -

2K14 and AC4 are probably the two I think I'd like the most. But seriously: I think all these games look great in their own right. I have a pretty big wheelhouse.

For some reason, I feel like I'm doing myself a disservice by shelling out $400 and not getting a console exclusive. But ... I should get over that.

#15 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

I would say don't get a PS4 until they make a game that you feel compelled to play, but I guess that would make too much sense.

#16 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I picked ACIV because it should have a decently long story line with lots of side quests to keep you busy for a little while depending how much you play. My back up would be BF4 or Killzone. I'm getting ACIV and BF4 right away.

#17 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -

Looks like Resogun is your best bet.

#18 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

more nfo pls. How long will it have to last? Do you like multiplayer? Have you ever had microwavable burritos with pepsi and had a bad experience afterwards?

I think BF4 would be the best choice if you want it to last. ACIV if you don't like multiplayer.

#19 Posted by Mister_Avatar (67 posts) -

There are some bets in there that are better than others. Might I just suggest that if you do get only one game for your brand new console that it be something with a long tail like a battlefield or a NBA2k14. You know something that grabs your attention and makes you want to keep coming back. Getting something like AC4 might be great at first but within a week you'll be done with it and looking for something else.

#20 Edited by avenlaya (59 posts) -

I would say KZ. It's probably the best launch title to show the graphics that the PS4 can do this early in its life.

#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

There are some bets in there that are better than others. Might I just suggest that if you do get only one game for your brand new console that it be something with a long tail like a battlefield or a NBA2k14. You know something that grabs your attention and makes you want to keep coming back. Getting something like AC4 might be great at first but within a week you'll be done with it and looking for something else.

That's all subjective. Playing the same 3 maps in Battlefield or playing basketball for over a week sounds more boring to me.

#22 Edited by shivermetimbers (763 posts) -

I'm gonna be different and say Need for Speed. It's the only game on that list that looks fresh and is good.

#23 Posted by kishinfoulux (2253 posts) -

If I had decided to get one over an XB1 I would've gone Killzone, in terms of first party stuff. Maybe Resogun, depending on the price.

#24 Posted by djm389 (83 posts) -

So, I already bought ACIV and Killzone, though I am slightly regretting the Killzone purchase. I have never played one of them before and am not a big FPS guy in general. So, I would wait for reviews and such, but to be honest, the new Need for Speed looks pretty rad and in depth for a game one could buy at launch. It also looks like a good showpiece.

#25 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

Probably Killzone for an exclusive and AC4 for non exclusive.

#26 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4151 posts) -

I'ma go with AC IV, and Battlefield 4. Cuz that's what I'm getting. NBA Live and Rivals would be on my list after that.

#27 Posted by cclemon36 (180 posts) -

If I could only have one game, I'd personally go with Battlefield 4; there's a lot of game in it, because you'd be going in for the mp. I did however click on Killzone, because it is a console exclusive and probably best shows what the PS4's early capabilities are.

#28 Posted by Fattony12000 (7036 posts) -

Blu-Rays.

#29 Edited by BRich (431 posts) -

None. Play the 2 free PS+ games till something comes out.

NBA2k14 does look incredible graphically if that's your thing. Are there really people out there not completely burned out on Assassin's Creed at this point (unless you skipped all of them since 2)?

#30 Edited by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

Assassin's Creed looks like the best of the bunch.

#31 Posted by JesterArbo (85 posts) -

It depends on what you are looking for to be honest. For a single player game I would buy Assassin's Creed. But for multiplayer, Battlefield 4 or Need for Speed: Rivals would be my choices.

#32 Posted by paulmd (17 posts) -

So I couldn't decide on one.
Grabbed NBA 2K14 and Killzone.

And I will be getting AC IV when I'm through with Killzone.

Giddyup.

#33 Posted by crithon (3075 posts) -

I say just buy a PS Plus year's worth instead. Play free games instead.