#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

NeoGAF member Cyborg posted the picture below from a Media Markt store in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It pinpoints the release date for the console as November 13, 2013. Others in the thread point to European online outlets that also have the date pegged for November 13, 2013.

NeoGAF User Cyborg

Could this be a promotional item made by Media Markt without any word from Sony? Sure, but it wouldn’t make much sense. Media Markt is an absolutely massive chain in Europe, and is essentially that continent’s version of Best Buy. They most certainly have communication with Sony about when its console is coming out, suggesting that this ad didn’t materialize out of thin air.

IGN: Has PlayStation 4’s Release Date Been Accidentally Revealed?

Hmm... Well, it doesn't really dissuade the rumored end of October release date, assuming that was for US. Hm? Uhm, interesting to note is that the ad advertises the Camera. I'm pretty sure they've completely dropped the 'Eye,' name, and its just like the "PlayStation Camera." ?. That store btw, looks like a Sam's Club. So it still might just be place-holder, I guess.

#2 Edited by Cirdain (2998 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Apparently media*mark don't give a shit about poster design.

November makes sense.

edit: Well lets get this ball rolling...

A recent advertisement in a popular UK tabloid,

The Sun Newspaper

, has indicated that Sony's PS4 will be launched on

November 21, 2013

It has been confirmed during E3 that the PS4 release date would be in time for the Holidays, so the November 21st date seems accurate enough considering the date is near Thanksgiving in the US.

The PS4 is priced at $399 and pre-orders are available at selected retailers.

Check out the ad from the newspaper:

http://blog.games.com/2013/06/19/ps4-release-date-leaked/

The Sun is the purest print pressed dog shit of a newspaper though so meh.

#3 Posted by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

Design of the store & poster seems legit (I am a German.)

#4 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4331 posts) -

That looks like a typical console launch date so sure why not

#5 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

A week after my birthday. That could work for me. That sounds like a reasonable release date for the US as well

#6 Posted by Quarters (1634 posts) -

Sounds reasonable.

#7 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Gamestop seems to think X1 will come out the first week of November .

Would be awesome if they both game out black Friday.

#8 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1235 posts) -

It sounds reasonable since it is in the middle of November. Still have to wait for Sony to announce it themselves since there will be "leaks" going on from now until they actually announce it.

#9 Edited by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -

There would be so many deaths. The GameStops would look like slaughter houses.

#10 Posted by Cirdain (2998 posts) -

Gamestop seems to think X1 will come out the first week of November .

I hate the trampling stories.

#11 Posted by Cirdain (2998 posts) -

Update: Sony has responded to our request for comment. "No further announcements/comments to make at this time. PlayStation 4 is launching this holiday season."

#12 Posted by SlashDance (1806 posts) -

Is the date that important ? It's not like it's supposed to come out next month.

We should probably just wait for them to announce it.

#13 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5273 posts) -

Sounds good.

#14 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

No I will be far away from my pre-order place. Family vs. Console which should I choose.

#15 Edited by SomeJerk (3159 posts) -

Splitting dates between Europe Actual and the UK (with related islands) is possible. They know where The Market is.

#16 Posted by datarez (543 posts) -

I also wouldn't like a Black Friday or any day thanksgiving week as I'll be out of town. Week before would be awesome.

#17 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

That's 2 days before my birthday, so I'm way cool with that if it's true.

#18 Posted by Akimbro_Slice (5 posts) -

Just another reason why I love holiday season. Also read somewhere that Media Markt is the overseas version of Best Buy so I'll bite. Looks like no Christmas presents for no one this year, I'll be throwing money at Sony.

#19 Posted by Akyho (1586 posts) -

Hmmmm. Ive been seeing rumores of November 14 for Xbone.

Would be funny as hell for PS4 to cut infront of Xbone by 1 day.

November seems the most possible for any console except this console war is already pretty bloody. Mostly from Microsoft shooting itself.

So someone is going to make an aggressive play to be way earlier and announce it in the sweet spot of customers can react. While the opposition cant.

Sony I think is in the best position to allow lower stock slip at launch and rebuild the following weeks. While it sounds like Microsoft needs every bit of stock thats if they can build them, rumores of 6 months behind and all that jazz.

#20 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I hope for their sake they get the worldwide release right. The staggered release of the PS3 was a real shitshow, and Europe doesn't like getting things 6-12 months late anymore.

#21 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

As long as Amazon gets it to me release day, I'm fine with whatever day that might be.

#22 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I was wondering if this release date is just for Europe or will it be worldwide. If it's not worldwide, then I wonder when the North American release date is. I want to schedule myself off the day of and many days after the launch xD

#23 Posted by LiquidPrince (15856 posts) -

Amazon.ca says November 30th.

#24 Posted by SMGBlanket (20 posts) -
#25 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I got a email from GameStop sayin my copy of Assassians creed 4 for X1 will be open for pick up oct 29.

I just want then to say "Fuck it" both systems come out Black Friday

#26 Posted by Humanity (8873 posts) -

I wonder what the death toll will be this Black Friday.

#27 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@humanity: what system and games are you picking up?

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

I would love to see both come out the same day and it just be a fucking blood bath.

#29 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

"Kent Brockman here, and it is a doo-zie! Someone has driven a Canyonero into the Wal-Mart.."

#30 Posted by Stonyman65 (2609 posts) -

That seems pretty legit to me. Sounds like a date they would use. They need to get it in before Black Friday here in the US, and before the holidays for everywhere else, so an early-mid November date makes a lot of sense.