• 63 results
#1 Edited by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -

People are so god damn negative! You holla on this shit right here if you love that ps4 you just bought! Games, games and more mutha Fuckin games! Love ittttt!

#2 Edited by LiquidPrince (15851 posts) -

There are plenty of people who are enjoying it. It's just the negative stuff bubbles up and is louder. Usually people won't make a thread just to say, this thing is sweet. But you can bet your ass off they'll make a thread if their PS4 did something funny like... I dunno... explode.

#3 Edited by CustomOtto (454 posts) -

is this the thread where we talk about how bad and also how ass the PS4 is??? because man, that thing.

#4 Posted by mbr2 (561 posts) -

Do you ever worry that you're not keeping it real?

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Your the man now dawg.

#6 Edited by Xeiphyer (5597 posts) -

I guess it just depends on the kind of people you choose to have around. I try my best to avoid the people who just go around hating on everything indiscriminately because their opinions don't matter.

With that in mind, mostly been seeing positive stuff so far, sounds like there's some pretty silly/crazy missing features but they seem mostly minor and will probably show up soon enough. Pretty sure the XBONE will have a good launch as well.

#7 Posted by RawknRo11a (553 posts) -

Yea, The problem is that people need to feel validated in their choice of system. How better to do that than talk about how bad the Other System is.

I personally think both systems look pretty awesome. I went with the XBONE since I was interested in more of it's launch exlusives (Forza, DR3) but will definitely be picking up a PS4 for Infamous SS.

#8 Posted by CornBREDX (4836 posts) -

haha

*ahem*

Why would I "holla" at your shirt?

#9 Edited by danmcn12 (86 posts) -

The whole system fanboy thing is outdated. The systems now a days rarely have any flaws and will be easily affordable 2-3 years into their respective life cycles. But people still feel the need to be fanboys.

#10 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

Wait til Xbone drops. Negativity turns into a power bomb finisher that you can't kick out of.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

MOAR LEIK FAILSTATION! XBAWKS 4 LEIF! (don't mind me im just sour I can't find a fucking ps4 to buy)

#12 Edited by StingingVelvet (569 posts) -

I'm pretty pleased with it. I think Killzone and Knack are truly stunning to look at, and while AC4 is obviously an enhanced PS3 game it still looks damn impressive. Gameplay wise, most important obviously, I think they all hold up better than most say as well. I was stunned that Killzone was more like Far Cry than Call of Duty... fun stuff.

I think the negativity is pretty typical. There's also a lot of gaming fatigue right now, we need new genres and IP to spice things up. Hopefully we get that soon.

#13 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

Wait til Xbone drops. Negativity turns into a power bomb finisher that you can't kick out of.

MY CONTROLLER RAN OUT OF BATTERIES. DAE ON /R/GAMING HAVE THIS PROBLEM? NOT HAPPY M$!

#14 Posted by excido (199 posts) -

i love my PS4 and I'm happy I bought it. I don't need anyone telling me that it's pointless to buy it now, etc. that's all dumb. I spend my money however I want and I'm very much happy with my ps4 and games. Great system, can't wait to see how it continues to grow in the future. In this generation I have a ps3 and a 360, I prefer the ps4 but I still have both. I can't imagine Microsoft will release any exclusive that would make me buy an xb1 but if they do I have no problem buying that console too. That being said I wouldn't do it for a halo game, a gears game, or a fable game. I dunno what else they have.

#15 Posted by bigjeffrey (4809 posts) -

INFamous LOOKS Sick

#16 Posted by knifeoframbo (38 posts) -

I'm really enjoying it as well, a little bumpy to start but loving it now. Killzone is great so far, reminds me of crysis. Battlefield is gorgeous and so much better at 60fps. I can never go back to last gen!

#17 Posted by BadNews (502 posts) -

I am loving it. Livestreamed a couple hours yesterday and put on a good show for Need for Speed when I accidentally landed on a racer I was chasing. Too bad the game isn't recording video when it live streams and theirs no archive.

Can't wait to see Japan make games for it.

#18 Edited by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

YO, MOTHER FUCKERS! IF YOU AINT LOVIN' PS4... YOU AINT LOVIN' LIFE!

FORGET ABOUT FRIENDS...THIS IS MIIIIIIAMI!!!!

#19 Posted by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -

@jz: just trying to have a little fun buddy.

#20 Edited by Spoonman671 (4563 posts) -

I'm playing Killzone: Shadow Fall on my Vita while my PS4 is in the next room! This shit is space-age!

#21 Posted by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -
#22 Posted by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -

@danmcn12: Xbone is gonna rocking fucking socks too! One love!

#23 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#24 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

Yeah, I really like mine.

#25 Posted by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -

@jz: okay mister patronizing. Lol.

#26 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

Nice try, Kessler.

#27 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#28 Edited by xombi242 (187 posts) -

I love this machine. I'm planning on getting both, but but I'm quite sure that this is going to be my main system.

#29 Posted by stryker1121 (1352 posts) -

You ain't seen nothing yet..wait til the cynicism tsunami on the 22nd.

#30 Posted by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -

@jz: then yay!

#31 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

It feels nice. Clean and fast interface. Actually enjoy viewing some of the streams if I get a bit bored with a game. Can't wait to see how Sony builds on this.

#32 Edited by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

Yea, The problem is that people need to feel validated in their choice of system. How better to do that than talk about how bad the Other System is.

I personally think both systems look pretty awesome. I went with the XBONE since I was interested in more of it's launch exlusives (Forza, DR3) but will definitely be picking up a PS4 for Infamous SS.

You made the right chioce. I don't know what I was thinking, but there was a definite moment last night, It hink right after I realized what a dissapointment Contrast was, that I was like "... wait... so these are the ONLY games out right now? and there's not really ANYthing coming out before Christmas?"

Xbox will have the better Christmas.

#33 Posted by Whitestripes09 (400 posts) -

It's going to be just like the conferences that both companies held back during the summer. "Man Sony sucks! Can't wait for Microsoft to show them!" "Wow! Microsoft sucks! Sony is the best!" I swear people just like to make excuses in order to rile up people into a discussion. I think personally both consoles will probably have their own hardware faults at launch and that when it comes down to it, people are just going to gravitate to the system that has the most appealing games and features as they improve on the hardware. For now though, since Sony has less negative feedback from the press, they're going to be the white knights for a while.

#34 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (508 posts) -

I'm loving it. I understand people are having issues, but when it works it's pretty great. I've had zero issues besides trying to get the store to connect yesterday. Enjoying my games (even the ones with mediocre reviews), liking the features, everything is super fast, the social stuff kinda grew on me already. PSN seems faster than I remember it from a few years ago on PS3. I didn't run any speed tests, but Resogun, Contrast, Warframe, and Blacklight all downloaded and installed in an acceptable amount of time when starting all at once.

Shit's kinda the shit. I'm excited we get to do it all again next week with the XBox launch (though I'm not getting one quite yet). It's an exciting time to be a gamer if you aren't looking for everything to be negative or trying to compare everything to everything else. I've had a ton of fun lately, and that's all that matters in the end. We sometimes forget that games are supposed to be fun.

NMeck702 on PSN if anyone wants to add me.

#35 Posted by Chango (502 posts) -

I'm loving it as well, really impressed overall. I have a few nitpicks with it (specifically with watching blu-rays, there being no auto-disc start; small things), but I'm sure they will be addressed in the near future.

#36 Posted by Karkarov (3001 posts) -

I don't know, two launch games (resogun and contrast) are free with ps+, the system came with a month of ps+ free (see wut I did there), and a 10 dollar credit on the playstation store. That with warframe being free even if all you bought was the system you get three free games right there. Add in the fact that the dual shock 4 is easily the best controller I have ever used, the resolution is good, and AC4 looks almost as good as pc and plays great.... well I am liking my ps4 just fine.

#37 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

It's all bout dat Pee Ess 'Druple.

#38 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

I'm playing Killzone: Shadow Fall on my Vita while my PS4 is in the next room! This shit is space-age!

Lemme connect my Vita to your PS4 realllll qwik dawg!

#39 Posted by ripelivejam (3577 posts) -

is this the thread where we talk about how bad and also how ass the PS4 is??? because man, that thing.

lmo beat me to it

#40 Posted by ripelivejam (3577 posts) -

@spoonman671 said:

yeah well i can play wind waker from almost 10 feet away! :o

(11 feet and it sorta completely disconnects tho :\)

#41 Posted by TooSweet (378 posts) -

I think Blacklight is also free on there. So far I'm liking the system aside from all the trouble getting online to play some Battlefield. I tried Contrast. Interesting ideas. Resogun was cool but haven't put much time into it. I'm glad I purchased it and very thankful it had no problems physically. Hate the earpiece it came with, but luckily it's a mini jack port so I can use any headset on it. I'm holding off a bit on buying Killzone until I put some time into BF4.

#42 Edited by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

I don't think I've heard "holla" being used at all in years.

#43 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

I can't tell if OP is genuine or just being funny.

#44 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@andorski: Well in post 21, he does reply to someone saying "lol super drunk... Whoopsie:)".

@ripelivejam said:
@awesomeusername said:

@spoonman671 said:

yeah well i can play wind waker from almost 10 feet away! :o

(11 feet and it sorta completely disconnects tho :\)

But can you play it while you poop WITH the door closed? That's the real question here!

#45 Edited by TruthTellah (8570 posts) -

Since this just appears to be a drunk thread dedicated to gushing about Sony and the PS4, here's a picture of an adorable cat.

#46 Posted by tourgen (4428 posts) -

hell yes it's a fantastic piece of hardware.

I like the random pieces of tech - like the speaker in the controller and the standard headphone jack.

next gen games are here! and now we get a whole second week of launch craziness. Good times to be into games.

#47 Posted by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -
#48 Posted by Hailinel (23949 posts) -

@tourgen said:

hell yes it's a fantastic piece of hardware.

I like the random pieces of tech - like the speaker in the controller and the standard headphone jack.

next gen games are here! and now we get a whole second week of launch craziness. Good times to be into games.

The speaker in the controller isn't really random. They just took that from the Wii Remote.

It's also a great console, at least from what I've experienced so far. It could be a while before a retail disc game comes along that actually catches my fancy.

#49 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3186 posts) -

Just got a Wii U and it's pretty cool, in a year I'll probably get a PS4 or Xbone.

#50 Edited by Ryanmgraef (229 posts) -

@dan_citi: maannnnn, Wiiu is Great! Pikmin all day baby!