I've seen several people freaking out about install sizes and running out and grabbing 2TB hard drives that they're probably going to discover wont' fit in their brand new PS4.
So, just to be clear, the requirements for PS4 hard drives are:
- 2.5" Hard Drive (standard laptop size)
- 9.5mm or less height (this is what's going to be the sticking point with most larger 1.5TB or 2TB drives)
- 5400 RPM or faster SATA II
- At least 160GB (not sure why you would want to put in anything that small, but yo, whatever)
- The PS4 will not support external hard drives.