• 85 results
#1 Posted by paulmd (17 posts) -

I guess it's not a surprise. But I just got my PS4 and can't log into PSN. Keep getting network error messages.

Anyone else?

#2 Posted by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Yes! Spinning circle of doom into error. Clearly getting hammered!

#3 Edited by csl316 (7366 posts) -

I was just on my PS3 with no problems, and it's the first time I'm wondering how PSN will deal with 3 platforms hitting it at once.

#4 Posted by paulmd (17 posts) -

The error codes I'm getting (if anyone is interested) are:

E-80E80034

and

NW-31453-6

#5 Edited by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

You all deserve it for getting a PS4 without me! >:(

#6 Posted by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

@paulmd: same here. You are not alone friend.

#7 Posted by Nightriff (4349 posts) -

I could see this being a problem now with people getting them and logging in, hopefully it will calm down by the time Fed Ex delivers mine tomorrow afternoon/evening

#8 Edited by paulmd (17 posts) -

I like to pretend they are GPS coordinates to a working network connection somewhere.

Now the real question ... do I keep trying to log in? or say 'fuck it' and play the games? Play. The. Games?

#9 Posted by Staaz (1 posts) -

Im getting those same errors too. You would think I would be used to these launch issues... but im not.

#10 Posted by daviddoel (27 posts) -

I'm getting the same error, NW-31453-6. Can't tell me they weren't prepared for this. I'm in Toronto if that makes a difference.

#11 Edited by paulmd (17 posts) -

It does make a difference. Your internet connection is probably out partying at city hall.

#12 Edited by Chaser324 (5967 posts) -

@daviddoel said:

I'm getting the same error, NW-31453-6. Can't tell me they weren't prepared for this. I'm in Toronto if that makes a difference.

The reality of it is, they were prepared for this, and this is the rational and cost effective way of dealing with insane traffic spikes. They maybe increased capacity a bit for launch, but at a certain point you just have to let things correct themselves.

#13 Posted by El33tPanda (150 posts) -

I'm getting the same errors too. Just thought I'd add to the conversation. Of course, now its just the spinning circle with no errors

#14 Posted by paulmd (17 posts) -

"The network connection has been lost."

Please. Go find it.

#15 Posted by daviddoel (27 posts) -

@paulmd said:

I like to pretend they are GPS coordinates to a working network connection somewhere.

Now the real question ... do I keep trying to log in? or say 'fuck it' and play the games? Play. The. Games?

Reminds me I might as well watch Jon Stewart while this is happening.

#16 Posted by carlosojeda (1 posts) -

Same here!!!!! Not logging in!!

#17 Posted by ninjalegend (408 posts) -

"For best experience, link your PSN ID". I thought that was an informative message. Clearly it is a challenge.

#18 Posted by tubabymartinez (1 posts) -

I'm in Rhode Island with the same problem for like 21 minutes now with this e-80e80034

#19 Edited by Hailinel (22719 posts) -

Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming.

OK. To those that just raised their hands, what the hell were you expecting?

#20 Edited by SpartyOn (499 posts) -

Same here fellas, and this would be why:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

Looks like the launch killed the network, I'm sure they're freaking out over it though and working to straighten it out.

#21 Posted by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Loaded up BF4, pre install was shockingly quick. Not going to play though because I want those trophies on my account.

#22 Posted by Marokai (2637 posts) -

Shocking.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (22719 posts) -

@spartyon said:

Same here fellas, and this would be why:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

Looks like the launch killed the network, I'm sure they're freaking out over it though and working to straighten it out.

Well, I wasn't planning to set up my PS4 immediately, anyway.

#24 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I was actually wondering this the other day. "Has Sony prepared their servers for all the activity they are going to receive?" I wondered. I guess they didn't.

#25 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

I'm getting the same two codes. :/

Oh well. I've got to wake up early tomorrow so that I can work all day anyways. I guess I'll give it another shot tomorrow night.

#26 Posted by compton102485 (4 posts) -

Looks as thought psn keeps going on and offline sounds like all of someone's consumers caught them with their pants down....Shame on you sony I just stood in line for hours wtf....!!!!!????

#27 Edited by LethalKi11ler (1400 posts) -

Stuck at "please wait " but I've seen one of the code too

#28 Edited by marc (431 posts) -

I had no problems getting psn going (runs like a dream). helps that im on the east coast in newfoundland time and beat everyone to the punch. cant broadcast through twitch though. just disconnects from server as soon as i start it

of course, i also have 6 games in queue to download, with 4 if them downloading. was getting great speeds the first hour or so, but they've slowed once around 1am eastern time hit

#29 Posted by compton102485 (4 posts) -

@marc: must be nice lol have fun wish I could get signed in dang it lol

#30 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1043 posts) -

No issues yet on my end. Things running smoothly. I am installing now.

#31 Posted by DarthVicious82 (5 posts) -

I can't get on either. My Vita connects. My PS3 does too. It's just the new Sony flagship product that won't connect to their network. WTF Sony?!

#32 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6938 posts) -

Yeah, I'm not able to connect either. Not too worried because I sort of expected connection issues (that's how it is with online service launches) and I can just play AC4 while I wait.

#33 Edited by ShaggE (5987 posts) -

I dunno, my PS1 isn't giving me any errors. Maybe try wiggling something?

(dammit, I was fine until midnight, now I'm jonesing for some next-gen-ness)

#34 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6938 posts) -

After about 5 tries, I'm connected.

#35 Posted by paulmd (17 posts) -

Well. Network problems persists, but I'm up by 6 at the half.

#36 Posted by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Greatness waits

#37 Posted by SpartyOn (499 posts) -

It's going in and out. I finally got logged in.

#38 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

Hopefully it's stable tomorrow when mine shows up! I am so damn eager to get it!

#39 Posted by compton102485 (4 posts) -

Well it let me log in then made me update some info and now sits at another please wait screen come on for crying out loud lol

#40 Edited by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Got in and about halfway through the set up it dropped. Blah.

#41 Posted by D_Mac (93 posts) -

Chat guy confirmed it as well

#42 Edited by Syed117 (388 posts) -

Not really surprising. It was bound to happen. It will probably be worse tomorrow when the the vast majority of people get their systems. I think these kinds of problems are the rule, not the exception. Companies know this is going to happen and they let it because it's not cost effective to build out the infrastructure you need ahead of time.

If I decide to keep my ps4, I won't get around to setting it up until Saturday. Hopefully things will be better by then.

#43 Posted by kylenalepa (79 posts) -

Installed the 1.50 update without issue, am proceeding through setup right now but yeah, it's pretty sluggish. Still, very exciting!

#44 Posted by marc (431 posts) -

Installed the 1.50 update without issue, am proceeding through setup right now but yeah, it's pretty sluggish. Still, very exciting!

i was very impressed with how fast that updated downloaded and installed

#45 Posted by compton102485 (4 posts) -

Finally logged in and downloading all my free games lol

#46 Posted by rachelepithet (1257 posts) -

The 1.5 update took 30 seconds, but an hour to get past signing in. But even after signing in, the PS4 froze at the "share settings" area.

#47 Posted by Lord_Xp (599 posts) -

I eventually logged in but PS store was down along with "What's New" tab. But I'm sure it will be ok by the morning.

#48 Posted by Karkarov (2622 posts) -

@syed117 said:

Not really surprising. It was bound to happen. It will probably be worse tomorrow when the the vast majority of people get their systems. I think these kinds of problems are the rule, not the exception. Companies know this is going to happen and they let it because it's not cost effective to build out the infrastructure you need ahead of time.

If I decide to keep my ps4, I won't get around to setting it up until Saturday. Hopefully things will be better by then.

Yeah I feel you. I am stuck on my eleven hour shifts until monday anyway so may wait until then to set it up regardless.

#49 Posted by Asurastrike (2151 posts) -

I don't really expect the online to work this weekend.

#50 Posted by Chaser324 (5967 posts) -

I just watched someone stream to Twitch from their PS4 for about 15 minutes, and I have to say that I'm damn impressed by how smooth it was. I expected it to be a bit garbage in general, but even on day one, it's surprisingly solid. Congrats to Sony and Twitch on that one.