• 78 results
bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Hey guys,

I don't know if you guys keep up with Neogaf at all; but on this thread, as well as this thread, there are a lot of people talking about how components for the PS4 are being shipped in June, as well as getting e-mails/hearing at Gamestop (from internal e-mails) that the PS4 could launch in October - the 29th, specifically.

If this is the case, this would be absolutely huge for Sony, and would blow my bet of "two weeks before Black Friday" out of the water.

I'd love to hear what you all have heard/seen, and if you believe in the October launch date =)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

If it was october I'd assume the date would already be announced to be frank.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That would be cray cray.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That would be both crazy and great.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll become friends with my local Best Buy workers just so I can get some internal info. I have friends from High School working there, so I'll reconnect with them and dig into this rumor.

Detective Xp is on the case!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Two days before my birthday? That would be sick, also another blow to MS if true.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

Considering how much MS is slipping up on deadlines for hardware/software finalization and manufacturing this would be a great move for Sony.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrfluke

IF thats true thats INSANE. considering sony overall is financially not doing to hot, this wouldn't surprise me that they would need to collect on their early lead asap, especially now that they will be turning a profit on each system.

some true genius are up in the new sony if thats true, then that would mean that they would have to make this announcement in the next 2 months though as you would need the time to build up a Advertising blitz for launch.

......but now that i think about it, apple's next line of ios products are supposed to debut around that time, i know that crowd is not directly the ps4 crowd, but its still dangerous for the ps4 regardless as it could potentially detract potential buyers of the ps4.

interesting times ahead folks.

Avatar image for commander_crichton
Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp said:

I'll become friends with my local Best Buy workers just so I can get some internal info. I have friends from High School working there, so I'll reconnect with them and dig into this rumor.

Detective Xp is on the case!

Loading Video...

You know what happens to nosy fellows? Do ya detective Xp?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be magically delicious.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would put the screws in Microsoft.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrfluke

to add more credence to this being legit, just look at how directly they are combating Microsoft (adam boyes bringing the damm ps4 just to trump E bringing only the xbone controller, so crazyy)

with the fact that the xbox is launching in november, id say its very likely that the ps4 is on for october, but thats still dangerous regardless with apple bringing their next wave of ios products around that time. but i guess you could say thats still dangerous regardless

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

some true genius are up in the new sony if thats true, then that would mean that they would have to make this announcement in the next 2 months though as you would need the time to build up a Advertising blitz for launch.

I bet it's all the doing of that crazy mofo Adam Boyes, single handedly piloting the Sony ship.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Feasible. I believe it if the report that PS4 components start shipping in June and Xbox One components start shipping sometime in Q3 is genuine.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Rumor: Sony to include a free car with every Pissfour purchase.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hail Kaz Hirai

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

That would be awesome but honestly, I don't want them to rush it to market and have hardware problems like a RROD or something.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

I bet it's all the doing of that crazy mofo Adam Boyes, single handedly piloting the Sony ship.

lol you would think, but nah, there are a bunch of very recent journalists that help pilot sony now, so its a collective of them probably making these decisions

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cold_Wolven

That would be pretty good even if it's at the end of October, smart too as XBOne's release was announced to be in November and Sony would be able to attract early sales.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By pr1mus

Microsoft is DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEED.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

That would be awesome but honestly, I don't want them to rush it to market and have hardware problems like a RROD or something.

Honestly, nothing about the PS4 seems "rushed" thus far. As opposed to Microsoft, where everything about the console feels at least a little "rushed". Maybe that's just me.

Why would this be crazy? Launch a little while before the competition that you've already swayed some consumers away from at a cheaper price. Sounds like a great idea to me.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zeforgotten

Could also be that the PS4 will arrive in stores October 29th and then be ready to go on sale November 1st. So the whole "Both consoles will launch in November" thing people kept saying for a while would be true.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsauceg7 said:

Honestly, nothing about the PS4 seems "rushed" thus far. As opposed to Microsoft, where everything about the console feels at least a little "rushed". Maybe that's just me.

That's true, plus if they are getting components now for manufacturing now and it is released in the fall, then that should be plenty of time.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsauceg7 said:

Why would this be crazy? Launch a little while before the competition that you've already swayed some consumers away from at a cheaper price. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Also Sony is an hardware company first. Their software can be pretty weak at times but if anything the hardware at least is reliable. They made a much more complex and more importantly different architecture with the PS3 and managed to make it way more reliable than the more traditional Xbox 360.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:
@believer258 said:

@noobsauceg7 said:

Also Sony is an hardware company first. Their software can be pretty weak at times but if anything the hardware at least is reliable. They made a much more complex and more importantly different architecture with the PS3 and managed to make it way more reliable than the more traditional Xbox 360.

i can back this up, still have my 1st ps3, and ive had 3 360's died on me. and i know im not the only one with these stats.

and i agree sony's software can be weak, but this round it seems to be more about quantity than quality (thats not to say the 1st party ps4 lineup isnt looking solid, knack, infamous second son, and actually the new killzone look very solid) , they are looking for the next "minecraft" thats why they are openly courting everyone to their platform.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@pr1mus said:
@believer258 said:

@noobsauceg7 said:

i can back this up, still have my 1st ps3, and ive had 3 360's died on me. and i know im not the only one with these stats.

and i agree sony's software can be weak, but this round it seems to be more about quantity than quality (thats not to say the 1st party ps4 lineup isnt looking solid, knack, infamous second son, and actually the new killzone look very solid) , they are looking for the next "minecraft" thats why they are openly courting everyone to their platform.

plus look at mark cerny, he's the lead architect of the ps4, that dude seems to be of john carmack levels of intelligence, id be very surprised if the ps4 launches with hardware issues.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@mrfluke said:

@pr1mus said:
@believer258 said:

@noobsauceg7 said:

plus look at mark cerny, he's the lead architect of the ps4, that dude seems to be of john carmack levels of intelligence, id be very surprised if the ps4 launches with hardware issues.

Yea you are totally right. I am on my third 360 but still on my launch PS3 (even though it gets really loud and hot when I play it but looking at the back of the PS4, it is one big vent), Yea I mean there is always that seed of something can go totally wrong but I hope it doesn't since that along with everything else will be a killer launch for the PS4.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By reisz

This would fit in with their aggressive positioning. I f they pull it off that could be huge.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

Their current quarter ends in a few weeks, the one after that ends September 30th. If they're being business-y about it, I could easily see them budgeting for the July-September quarter to be all about advertising, and then launch the console in early October, to get as many sales in as soon as possible during the quarter.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By confusedowl

Man that would be pretty awesome, if it launches in October that means I don't have to wait that much longer.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would be happy if they did. I don't really understand why everyone's so certain about November anyways, its just good business to get a couple extra weeks before the holiday rush. That way you get the initial launch rush out of the way, and you still have enough time to restock for all of those black friday shoppers.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony releasing the PS4 is a wild dream and completely crazy and would never happen

Therefore, it will totally come out in October

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hughesman

Well my pre-order is already in. So the sooner the better as far as i'm concerned.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MetalBaofu

I was kinda thinking about that earlier. I could see them launching it in October, especially since MS already said November for Xbox One. I imagine they would want to be as far away from the launch date of the Xbox One as possible, and before it is definitely better than after it. For some reason, I'm still kinda thinking it won't hit until November, though, but my pre-order is already in, so I sure won't have any complaints if they prove me wrong.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Sony seems to be on a roll, so this wouldn't surprise me at all if they get the jump on release dates.

Every U.S. Playstation launch has fallen on a Saturday in the past, will they release on a Tuesday this time?

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch_Dogs has a 360/PS3 release date of late November, no next gen release date yet. There's a WD PS4 day 1 bundle on Amazon. Could WD end up being a 1-month exclusive for the PS4, or does its current-gen November release date signify that the PS4 won't actually ship until then?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zornack said:

Watch_Dogs has a 360/PS3 release date of late November, no next gen release date yet. There's a WD PS4 day 1 bundle on Amazon. Could WD end up being a 1-month exclusive for the PS4, or does its current-gen November release date signify that the PS4 won't actually ship until then?

that would be cool, but i doubt, the dates that are on amazon now for at least ps4 stuff is placeholder.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bassman2112: That would be CRAZY! I'm all for it though. I can't wait to get it.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chibithor

@mrfluke said:

@zornack said:

that would be cool, but i doubt, the dates that are on amazon now for at least ps4 stuff is placeholder.

Watch Dogs is a confirmed PS4 launch title ("Watch Dogs will release “at the launch” of the PS4."), so it could be a timed next gen console exclusive. Potentially a good get? Though without this rumor it points to the PS4 releasing later. We'll see, I guess.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidPrince

Hey, the sooner the better. Can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@commander_crichton: They have to watch old movies with bad special effects? Alright alright, you convinced me to not be nosy! I'm sorry!

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By djou

Could also be that the PS4 will arrive in stores October 29th and then be ready to go on sale November 1st. So the whole "Both consoles will launch in November" thing people kept saying for a while would be true.

I think this is a lot more likely.

I'd almost prefer they wait and make sure all their ducks were lined up before launching. e.g. Try to get as many launch titles as possible including some of those indie PC ports. And make sure the PSN is fully upgraded and ready to handle the extra load. If the PSN goes down day 1, I can already see the horde of Xbox devotee lining to say "see, PSN sucks..."

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou said:

@zeforgotten said:

I'd almost prefer they wait and make sure all their ducks were lined up before launching. e.g. Try to get as many launch titles as possible including some of those indie PC ports. And make sure the PSN is fully upgraded and ready to handle the extra load. If the PSN goes down day 1, I can already see the horde of Xbox devotee lining to say "see, PSN sucks..."

I can also foresee PSN not working at first and every Xbox deserter is like "Sony should be more like Xbox Live." But my reply would be "Xbox would probably do the same thing, but the difference is that I can play my games offline until the Network is fixed"

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both systems launch Black Friday to cause even more fuckery in the electronic wold.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@zornack said:

Watch Dogs is a confirmed PS4 launch title ("Watch Dogs will release “at the launch” of the PS4."), so it could be a timed next gen console exclusive. Potentially a good get? Though without this rumor it points to the PS4 releasing later. We'll see, I guess.

Are the game bundles "official" or just retailer bundles? There does not seem to be any consistency among the offerings from one retailer to another. Some are offering bundles for the Infamous game which is a 2014 release. There are bundles for The Order 1886. It seems like it would be easy enough to ship console and game separately, both dependent on availability.

@djou said:

@zeforgotten said:

I don't think that they're going to ship enough consoles on day one to bring PSN crashing to the ground. Stranger things have happened but it does seem pretty unlikely.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fully expect it to launch before the XBONE just because Sony seems to gleefully be enjoying dick-punching Microsoft at every opportunity now.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By djou

@rebgav: I guess by crashing PSN, I mean I want PSN to work better on the PS4. If it works the same I'm going pissed. Sony needs to be bring more servers online or whatever it takes on the back end to get it working better.

Having a smooth launch will be a decisive blow to the Xbox since I imagine they will struggle with the same problems. And the always online element will make it trickier for them to manage the load.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony trying to commit murder....

Coming out in Oct, with the xbox coming out in Nov, will likely keep MS at a far distance in sales for a while..

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Microsoft is DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEED.

No Caption Provided