• 60 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Sony may be readying a hardware bundle that includes a PlayStation Vita handheld with its upcoming PS4, according to a report by Machinima (via VideoGamer.com).

According to "a well-placed, anonymous source", the package will reportedly go on sale before the end of 2013, and will retail for around $500. No additional details were made available. With the Vita currently retailing for $250 as a standalone device, and the standard edition of the PlayStation 4 priced at $399, a $500 pack would represent a significant saving for consumers. ..

No Caption Provided

GameSpot: Sony releasing PlayStation 4/Vita bundle for $500 - Report

So $500 sounds like an alright price. All I need to know is they'll include a memory card, and how much storage will that include? When are they gonna start doing color choices? Interesting stuff.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow. Now that would bring in some sales! Memory card or not, that would be a steal for consumers. I've already got a Vita (love it!), but I'd definitely encourage my friends to jump on this deal, if it's legit. Let's hope so!

Can you imagine gamers having a choice between a PS4+Vita, versus an Xbox One+Kinect for $500?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sounds like a good deal and that bundle makes sense.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By spraynardtatum

This would be a great bundle.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By 49th

That's a cool idea and something I would actually consider.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

Really great deal if true, although i find the Vita software to be sub par besides P4G of course.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

That is really smart. I might do that

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By djou

$500, that's an amazing bargain, probably a direct hit against the Xbox One $500 price. I would be surprised if they included a memory card. Sony is probably sitting on a ton of inventory for the Vita. I could see them doing a pre-order pack that includes both. It would be a way to clear the stock and boost the pre-order numbers for people on the fence about the PS4 or Vita. Then they could upsell those customers with memory cards and all those dumb add-ons. If they could time it with a big game like Tearaway or Killzone they would present a compelling case.

Although I wonder if you would get the Vita right away or you would need to wait until the PS4 launches. Once the PS4 is out I bet most people will be way less interested in playing the Vita, I know I will.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

That would be super duper smart.

Like, super duper smart.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would totally pay $100 just to stream PS4 games around my house, and games like Tearaway would be nice also.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

It'd be a smart move in terms of attracting sales, though Sony would be bound to lose money on that bundle.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Wow, I would totally buy that

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great value but it's the wrong device to bundle. Should do an EyeToy/PS4 bundle to match Kinect. Seems more like an attempt to save the Vita.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: The EyeToy is not a Kinect analog. And very few people would want it, anyway.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexglass: A portable gaming device that links up with the console and plays games seems like a better addition to me. I honestly see no reason to match the Kinect as all it seems to do is add another way to operate the UI.

Matching the Kinect would hurt their image too.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexGlass

@hailinel said:

@alexglass: The EyeToy is not a Kinect analog. And very few people would want it, anyway.

Just Dance will use it. Not to mention the controller light bar was designed for it, and would give it additional functionality for core games, similar to Kinect+controller. Both consoles would have the ability to track the controller, so it would be something multiplatform developers could feel comfortable in supporting.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, that's a pretty sweet deal. Now I just need the Vita to get some compelling games.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would totally get that. If Sony confirms it then I'll save my money and wait for the bundle to roll out.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel said:

Just Dance will use it. Not to mention the controller light bar was designed for it, and would give it additional functionality for core games, similar to Kinect+controller. Both consoles would have the ability to track the controller, so it would be something multiplatform developers could feel comfortable in supporting.

Again, the EyeToy is not Kinect. Further, there are a lot of people, including myself, that have no use or desire for a camera peripheral, and would not be swayed by the addition of such a device.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would easily do that, as long as Amazon let's me modify my launch preorder.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I love my Vita. It deserves all the support it can get. Looking forward to seeing what it can do in conjunction with PS4.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we all saw this coming miles away but 500$ is an incredible value! This cant be true, 500$ just seems way too cheap.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd definitely buy one at that price. That's a wicked deal. I just have a feeling this isn't true. That's a HUGE loss for Sony. I feel like they're already going to be selling the PS4 at a loss.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

ooooh

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seppli

@xyzygy said:

I'd definitely buy one at that price. That's a wicked deal. I just have a feeling this isn't true. That's a HUGE loss for Sony. I feel like they're already going to be selling the PS4 at a loss.

Didn't *insiders* like Pachter say that Sony's selling PS4 at cost, respectively with a small profit margin? And really, at this point Sony's glad to get rid of their stock of Vita's. Remember - storage ain't free either.

Every Vita Sony's getting out there builds confidence in the brand, and could translate into potential revenue. And every jackass playing a PS4 game on the go (or remotely watching a movie from the media library or whatever) is a PR-dream scenario for Sony really.

*Hey? Whatcha doing?* *I'm playing Uncharted 4 on my PS4 remotely with my Vita during my lunchbreak at work...* *Why? That's flippin' magic man!*

The remote play/cross play/cross buy stuff with PS4 is really Vita's last hail mary, and it's sure as hell win-win for us consumers. Pro-tip - get a PS+ subscription and a Vita. It's going to pay for itself.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Damn I already own a Vita and Id hit that bundle.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If true I would jump in that deal asap....

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really hope they really push the interaction between the vita and ps4 and it doesn't work out to be a lame gimmick.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@xyzygy said:

Didn't *insiders* like Pachter say that Sony's selling PS4 at cost, respectively with a small profit margin? And really, at this point Sony's glad to get rid of their stock of Vita's. Remember - storage ain't free either.

Every Vita Sony's getting out there builds confidence in the brand, and could translate into potential revenue. And every jackass playing a PS4 game on the go (or remotely watching a movie from the media library or whatever) is a PR-dream scenario for Sony really.

*Hey? Whatcha doing?* *I'm playing Uncharted 4 on my PS4 remotely with my Vita during my lunchbreak at work...* *Why? That's flippin' magic man!*

The remote play/cross play/cross buy stuff with PS4 is really Vita's last hail mary, and it's sure as hell win-win for us consumers. Pro-tip - get a PS+ subscription and a Vita. It's going to pay for itself.

That's true. Getting rid of their stock of Vitas would definitely bring in some revenue... but something just dawned on me. What if Sony is pushing to get rid of this stockpile of Vitas they have so they can create a Vita-2000?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sooty

@turtlebird95 said:

Huh, that's a pretty sweet deal. Now I just need the Vita to get some compelling games.

It does though, just because some of them are ports doesn't mean it doesn't have games. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is amazing on the Vita, I just dick around in training mode and have sunk 50 hours or so. (I prefer playing with an arcade stick, but this for mobile gaming kicks any phone's touchscreen game's ass)

I've used my 3DS for like 4 games, I've used my Vita for like 7 so far. The no games argument doesn't really work, but sure it isn't packing a huge library of exclusives, there's still plenty of decent games and when you factor in PS1/PSP game support it only expands further.

@xyzygy said:
@seppli said:
@xyzygy said:

That's true. Getting rid of their stock of Vitas would definitely bring in some revenue... but something just dawned on me. What if Sony is pushing to get rid of this stockpile of Vitas they have so they can create a Vita-2000?

I really doubt that, personally I think the Vita as it is right now is the best handheld ever made. It's so well crafted and feels very sturdy.

The original 3DS was a complete piece of shit, so cheap and badly designed. I'm glad I have an XL because it's a bigillion times better.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xyzygy

@sooty said:

@turtlebird95 said:

It does though, just because some of them are ports doesn't mean it doesn't have games. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is amazing on the Vita.

I've used my 3DS for like 4 games, I've used my Vita for like 7 so far. The no games argument doesn't really work, but sure it isn't packing a huge library of exclusives, there's still plenty of decent games and when you factor in PS1/PSP game support it only expands further.

The thing is that some would most likely prefer to play some of those ports on a larger screen. Look at Dragon's Crown. With all that action going on in one little 4-5 inch screen things are bound to get cramped, even more cramped than it is. With the 3DS games, the majority of them are built for that platform.

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

That sounds like something that I would be into. If that's true, I'd totally get it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds.... risky. I don't know, if it's true, I hope it works out for them. I already own a Vita so this news doesn't really affect me, but it'll be great to see more people using the Vita which would hopefully attract more developers on the platform.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: Currently the only Vita games that really interest me are Persona and Tearaway. I can already play the PS1 and PSP games elsewhere, though I admit that is nice. The biggest draw for me to get a Vita is the party chat and remote play on PS4, neither of which are of any use to me right now.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great value but it's the wrong device to bundle. Should do an EyeToy/PS4 bundle to match Kinect. Seems more like an attempt to save the Vita.

As people have said before, EyeToy is not a Kinect for playstation. Also, why would anyone spend 100$ more for a camera add-on that will most likely not be used much at all or ever vs having a handheld that can stream your games, play its own games and is saving 150$ off of it from retail? If anything, buy the bundle and sell the vita for profit.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good bundle, if it's out before launch I'll switch my preorder over, been meaning to buy a Vita for a long time now.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@alexglass: The fact that the Vita has Gaikai based remote play of PS4 games means it would be an amazing pack-in peripheral for the PS4. I already own a Vita, or I would be al over this if it happens.

I don't think it'll happen in 2013, but I could see it being an announced sku in 2014. Sony already has their hands filled with the huge amount of pre-order numbers for launch, splintering off a 2nd SKU with a Vita included for $100 seems like it would reek havoc.

It's kind of like when people talk about a Kinect-less version of the XBO, I could see it happening in 2014, but MS has the pre-order numbers for launch, no reason to splinter off a $350-$400 XBO w/o a Kinect until they need to.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

My initial reaction was a positive one, but then I realized I really don't want a vita still...I guess the interaction with the console seems ok, but I don't think it is anything I would actually use.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy one of these in a minute! Amazon needs to offer this as a pre-order!!!! I already have the Watch Dog bundle ordered, but damn, that is one bundle I would really like!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That bundle is insane and would never happen. I could believe a PS3 and Vita bundle, but a PS4? No chance in hell.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This would be a great idea if it were already executed, or announced real soon and available for preorder before launch. If they wait until after the PS4 launches and all the early adopters have made their purchase, I think they lose a lot of potential buyers of that bundle.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spraynardtatum

@tesla: yep. Most the people that are at all interested in the Vita probably already have preorders for the ps4 or they already have one. I know I'd want to switch my preorder sooner rather than later.

Overall I think offering this bundle would cause a lot of confusion. I kind of doubt it's real but that would not be something to pass up if it actually happened.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By Sooperspy

Even if this is some crazy rumor someone came up with, I'm sure Sony is definitely considering this now. That's a crazy good deal when going up against the Xbox One.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really hope this is real.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd definitely be down for this, but I don't know if I'd give up my launch day spot for one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have such a hard time believing it would retail for $500, but a Ps4-Vita bundle makes perfect sense considering how much they're trying to push the Vita as a companion device for the Ps4, and they should absolutely do a bundle, irrespective of the cost. If it is $500, though? That's an insanely good deal and puts Microsoft to even more shame.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If I had ANY interest at all in buying a Vita, that would be a great deal.

But I don't.

Also, I have doubts about this being real, but good on them if it is. That's a savings. Well, not really, because at the end you have a Vita instead of $100.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right on Sony...

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would buy that for sure

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Seppli

@tesla said:

This would be a great idea if it were already executed, or announced real soon and available for preorder before launch. If they wait until after the PS4 launches and all the early adopters have made their purchase, I think they lose a lot of potential buyers of that bundle.

If this generation sells as well as the last, we're looking at around 80 million units sold. In comparison, there's only going to be roughly a million units available for each major market at launch, and most of those units are going to go to Sony die-hards, who've likely already bought a Vita at some point. So really, if Sony manages to put that bundle onto shelves anytime within the first year, they're going to be golden.

Of course it'd set an awesome precendent. Pushing the Vita as a companion device from the get-go. Have been watching videos remotely all day today (a feature that's been added with the today's firmware update) - watching videos is simply glorious on Vita's incredibly crisp and colorful OLED screen. If remotely playing games will be anything like that, it's a flippin' winner. I predict, once I've experienced it, I won't want to miss it! It's the god damn future.