So I took advantage of the deal at best buy and got a ps4

projectino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it suppose to sound moderately loud? I'm playing battlefield 4 and kinda surprised by how loud the system is. Is this normal?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What kind of surface do you have the ps4 on?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hot plate.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is going to sound like I'm a crazy person, but mine sounded super loud when I first got it and got quieter after the first week. Also, make sure you have a lot of space behind it, because it generates crazy heat that it pushes out the back of the unit.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

This is going to sound like I'm a crazy person, but mine sounded super loud when I first got it and got quieter after the first week. Also, make sure you have a lot of space behind it, because it generates crazy heat that it pushes out the back of the unit.

Yeah the PS3 and PS4 are like rocket ships.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad: what? the ps3 made almost no noise.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad: what? the ps3 made almost no noise.

Case by case basis. Mine was dead silent up until a month later. I began cleaning it out every month just to shut it up. I know I know, yours didn't, but other peoples' did.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad: ok but i specifically remember everyone saying it made a silent purr and when I finally got mine, they were right. was that just the slim model? I guess I'm just wrong but I remember everyone shared that same experience for some reason

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hmm, what deal is that? Not that it matters 'y local best buy shut down a few weeks ago...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mines not bad at all. I mean, it's just like any other console. It certainly isn't noticable when playing games.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

After the 360 I don't think I'll ever have a major issue with a moderately loud console again. You could heat a room and drown out a crying baby with one.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Depends on the game. For example, FFXIV and Last of Us Remastered make that mofo roar. Everything else I've played so far does nothing...as in I literally wouldn't be able to tell the system was on if not for the light on top.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can only hear the drive spin up. Other than that it's completely silent. Maybe my house is just loud...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Different games seem to engage Warp 10 on my system at weird times. Dragon age inquisition would make it spin up real loud at seemingly random intervals for instance.

My PS3 was one of the 60gb launch models and it sounded like a jet engine. My 360 made noise on a medium scale I suppose. It wasn't super quiet but not too loud either. Out of all those I suppose my PS4 is the quietest this far, but it's still louder than I anticipated.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: The original fat PS3 pretty much sounded like a fucking semi truck. I always thought it was going to vibrate itself off my shelf.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both my launch ps4 and the 20th can sometimes sound loud depending on the game but other times dead silent. I will say I'm glad so many also had launch phat 60GB ps3's those things definitely were jet engines . :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I wonder if it would be easy to open the console up and replace the fan with a quieter one.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#22  Edited By Slag

@huntad: ok but i specifically remember everyone saying it made a silent purr and when I finally got mine, they were right. was that just the slim model? I guess I'm just wrong but I remember everyone shared that same experience for some reason

I have a 60GB launch era PS3, backwards compatible and all. I love the the thing, but it's like a mini jet engine.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

@frostyryan said:

I have a 60GB launch era PS3, backwards compatible and all. I love the the thing, but it's like a mini jet engine.

The original PS3 makes a ton of noise. When I start playing games it takes off like a jet engine. The PS3 slim I have is much quieter. .

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: It's just the slim then. Mine makes nearly no noise what so ever

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the 360 I don't think I'll ever have a major issue with a moderately loud console again. You could heat a room and drown out a crying baby with one.

Yeah, the early 360s were the absolute worst when it came to noise! They made adjustments when they released the slims, but they can still get loud too.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is very quiet. I did switch my hard drive to a hybrid drive, but it was quiet before the switch.