1) Anybody else not getting anything under the "What's New" icon? At this point, everything should be new, but nothing is coming up. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but its bugging the shit out of me, since I can sometimes press down, and I can hear the cursor moving and I can hit X, but nothing happens.
2) I had the PS4 hang when installing the 1.50 update. It downloaded without any trouble at my usual internet speed, but then, it was stuck on Preparing to install... and never stopped. I had to delete it and do it again. Thankfully it installed, but still, that is a stupid problem. I just hope there was no corruption.
3) I already got a crash on Killzone only after an hour of playing. I know it's a new console and a new game, but it took years before I got a crash on any game on my Xbox 360 or PS3.
4) The speaker in the controller is one of the most idiotic and pointless things I have ever seen, or rather, heard. Not only that, but there doesn't always seem to be a way to control how loud it is. Why do I need to listen to audio logs on Killzone on the shitty speaker in my controller, when I would be perfectly content listening to them on my new tv? They sound terrible, and it's actually too loud and sounds partially distorted. Maybe that was for dramatic effect or something, but still, it pisses me off. If anyone saw a way to turn it down or off and force it to play through the tv, at least in that particular game, please let me know, because I have searched and didn't see anything. I wouldn't mention this if it wasn't distracting or take away from the experience, but when I'm sitting on the couch with the controller on my lap, it sounds like the audio logs are being transmitted out of my crotch, which is very distracting listening to the sound coming from the tv and my crotch. What the fuck, Sony?
5) This is what pisses me off the most. The interface is, quite possibly, the worst I have ever seen on a console. And I didn't even hate the XMB, so I was prepared to be lenient if it wasn't perfect. The headings and names of the actually categories are the worst part. It took 20 minutes to find out how to turn off automatic renewal, because the names of the menus often make no sense and are not intuitive at all. It's under "Wallet" for fucks sake. I must have glazed over that a hundred times. Why wouldn't there simply be an option called automatic renewal or transaction options? Not only that, but the console itself tells you to look for this under menus that don't even exist. As far as I can tell, there is no menu on my PS4 called "Account Management", but that is where it told me I could turn off the automatic renewal option. The XMB wasn't the best thing ever, but at least it didn't lie to me.
Needless to say, I'm disappointed. I was pumped. Sony did everything right, made Microsoft look like a bunch of dicks, and really sold me on the console. And now, looking back at my first problem above here, they can't even advertise their own shit on their own console properly.
I would seriously consider taking the console back, but I already opened a game and I refuse to sell it to gamestop. *sigh* I haven't regretted a purchase like this in a while.