#1 Posted by l4wd0g (1955 posts) -

I was listening to this week’s Rebel FM podcast and Arthur Gies said that he had played through Assassins Creed Black IV Black Flag on the PS4. He also stated that it took him 36 hours playing Friday through Sunday. I highly doubt that it was a review event. Later in the podcast, he indicated that he picked up the PS4 controller, during the podcast, and was looking at the back and comparing the audio jack it to the Xbox 360's audio input.

So what do you think, do gaming reviews have the new system already? We're only 27 days out (in the US) and it doesn't seem like it is outside of the realm of possibility

#2 Posted by Andorski (5311 posts) -

There are already videos of people taking the PS4 apart and showing stuff like the hard drive enclosure. It's safe to say that Sony is doling them out to gaming outlets at this point. I think within the next week or two both the PS4 and Xbox One will have demo stations at retail stores as well.

#3 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5525 posts) -

I'm fairly certain I've heard people from several outlets say just that.

#4 Posted by l4wd0g (1955 posts) -

@andorski: I had no idea that there were videos of the PS4 being dissembled.

Now I'm just super excited. I wonder if the firmware is near final, or if they are just a debug type unit.

#5 Posted by Zaccheus (1794 posts) -

@andorski said:

I think within the next week or two both the PS4 and Xbox One will have demo stations at retail stores as well.

Yeah they are already rolling out PS4 demo kiosks in the US.

#6 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

Its happening!!

#7 Edited by mikey87144 (1776 posts) -

Giant Bomb and Gamespot both have them. They're already talking about reviewing next-gen games if you read between the lines. It's hear fellas and ladies.

#8 Posted by Nightriff (5090 posts) -

4 weeks away, seemed so long ago and now it is just around the corner. And so many games I want to beat before it is delivered to my door.

#9 Posted by isomeri (1280 posts) -

It'd be a little weird for Sony to be sending out boxes a month early. I'd imagine that it would be a bigger marketing story if the consoles would show up a week or so before as to build up hype for launch. Sony did hold a big review session last week, so it might just be that outlets got to review games there. Then again, there clearly are units out there already.

#10 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

It seems like IGN has it, they were talking about trying to transfer their AC4 sales to retail units.