Still rockin my PS3, PSP, and Vita. Is it time now for PS4?

FlUtterShy_XXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In your guys' opinion, is it time to go next gen Sony?

Are there a good selection of games yet? (I like FPS, RPG, Racing, platforming, and puzzle)

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By roboculus92

I also have a ps3 and vita (used to have a psp years ago but it died) and they are doing a pretty good job of keeping me content. The PS4 lineup has certainly improved a fair amount since launch but it's still not great. So no, in my opinion you should would wait until more games come out. If you're still doing fine with what you got now then it shouldn't be much of a problem to keep waiting. I'm personally planning on waiting until late next year to get a PS4.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Honestly, I'd say no. I have a PS3 and a PS4, and had a Vita until recently. The remote play with Vita stuff never felt right on those sticks to me, so I never used it. There have been solid games on the PS4, but I don't feel like I've played a single thing that's justified my purchase thus far. I'd say wait for that Destiny bundle. It looks like a really good deal, and you'll be able to jump in with stuff like Far Cry, Evolve and Driveclub soon after it comes out.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

The earliest thing to get would be the Destiny bundle. Very few of the launch games have been discounted to any meaningful price so you can't rely on that. If Destiny doesn't interest you I'd wait until November so that the October releases are out and there might be some Black Friday thing. If you are really patient I'd say wait until Spring.

Edit: Most of the current must-plays of the PS4 has been downloadable stuff that's on PC too.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have both an Xbox One and a PS4 and there still isn't enough interesting games across both platforms to keep me busy. If you can manage it, I'd wait until the end of the year when the Autumn release schedule is in full effect.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have more PS3 games lined up in the next 8-9 months than PS4 games.

FlUtterShy_XXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FlUtterShy_XXX

@sethphotopoulos: The White Destiny bundle in September is very tempting as that game looks amazing.

I just don't want it to be the only game I get for it at that time though.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah not right now, there aren't enough games to really play yet. Even tho i enjoyed the few games that i have played on it, i still find myself on the PS3 more then i do the PS4 just because of the bigger catalog of games to choose from.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah. The ps4 will still be there, play your games and do your thang.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

There are enough great looking PS3 and 360 games coming down the pipeline that I'd say you could hold off well into 2015, particularly since everything for the PS4 seems to be hitting next year anyways.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluttershy_xxx: ACIV is good, InFamous is good, if you hadn't played Rayman Legends I'd recommend that. If you hadn't played the Metro games they are being packaged together for next gen systems at the end of August. Then there are a bunch of downloadable games which are good but most of them are on other systems already. There's a good lineup but not any one thing to go over the edge for.

Here's a list of October's games if you can be satiated by Destiny for a month.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/october-2014-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-video-game-release-dates-page/

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am happy with mine, but not at the expense of the PS3 or Vita, all three together are a great combo. When I got my PS4 I knew I was getting all cross gen games on it. So I have plenty of great games. If you have played any of those already it is not as worth while for sure.

Good deals on games are cropping up. Killzone is $20 at Best Buy this week, and I have seen Infamous for $29.99, Knack for the same. Target I believe has bu the system get year of Plus for $20.

It just depends on you. I am very happy with my day one purchase, but I planned my gaming around it, and my PS3 will not be mothballed anytime soon (especially with all the upcoming JRPGs).

I will suggest if you do not have it, to buy a year of Plus now, and start getting the free games so you will have a nice library ready to go. and if you do it this month you get FREAKING STRIDER! And Doki Doki Universe, and some other game I forget.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like getting PS+ games on all the platforms every month. And I really like my PS4. But I wouldn't say it's vital until all those 2015 games start hitting.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I will suggest if you do not have it, to buy a year of Plus now, and start getting the free games so you will have a nice library ready to go. and if you do it this month you get FREAKING STRIDER! And Doki Doki Universe, and some other game I forget.

Towerfall

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a PS4 so I could play AC4 in all its glory. I've played Second Son and Trials Fusion which have been fun. Passing on Watch Dogs until it drops in price. It's kind of just sitting there now. This has been my PS4 experience thus far.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_faceless_name said:

Towerfall

Thanks. I already forgot it because when I played it with my friend he was done after a round. And the single player is kinda blech in that game. It really needs 4 people int he same room.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I would say if you're interested in Destiny, wait until that bundle comes out. Otherwise, you can probably wait until next year when more titles come out. I got mine when inFamous came out knowing I was primarily getting it for the multiplatform titles and that there wouldn't be much to play - have a huge backlog across Xbox 360, PS3, Vita, 3DS, Wii U anyway.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the fence like you. I'd rather say that, at least wait till end of this year or early next year. There seems to be more games coming out around that time.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I tend to agree with @sergio and @sethphotopoulos. If Destiny is something that you are really looking forward to then the bundle with a white PS4 might be a good time to jump in. While I don't necessarily regret buying a PS4 early on there aren't any games out yet or coming later this year which would justify the purchase onto themselves. If you don't mind playing Destiny on PS3 then I'd probably wait into 2015, maybe even until after E3 for a potential price drop or bundles etc.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is zero reason to get a ps4 or xbox one until atleast mid to late 2015.by then there should be a good amount of games you can only play on those systems and you might even see a price drop.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I own both a Xbox One and PS4, play daily and they both keep me busy. If you're into FPS, BF4 (on both consoles) can definitely keep you busy on a daily basis and if you're still into CoD that game can do that as well. Forza 5 (with this not being available on PS4 of course) and NFS Rivals are both excellent racing games. The free PS+ and Games For Gold titles usually keep me pretty busy as well and there have been some great games on PS+. Also I don't know if you like MMORPGs, but FFXIV on PS4 consumes most of gaming time each month. And that is a lot.