• 55 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones/b/479506153 (that's the archive link)

I wonder if "PS4/Xbox One live stream spam" will become a thing now that everyone with one of the two consoles will have the capability to stream. Perhaps we should have a centralized thread for this stuff.

Regardless, here is someone who has managed to break their PS4 by unplugging the power cable while it was installing/downloading a game and has proceeded to slowly become more and more aggravated and desperate with 6.5k people watching him.

The story is apparently:

1. Guy pulls the plug on his PS4 that freezes when its downloading/installing DCUO.

2. Tries to troubleshoot the console isnt doing the best job.

3. Act like a jackass to Sony CS and cant follow simple instructions

4. Gives his name,last name,home adress and PS4 serial number to techsupport while 2000 stream monsters watch

5. Gets trolled by the chat and his friends

6. Gets DDOSED and spammed on Skype.

As I post this to bring this to GB's attention, though, he's actually gone through the phase of despair into the phase of stupid intense happiness after repairing it.

This guy... doesn't seem like the brightest.

Man, people should watch the archive because it was hilarious. How he fixed it:

1. Removed the hard drive
  2. Turned the system on
  3. Shut it down
  4. Put the hard drive back in
  5. Turned the system on
#2 Posted by Krullban (1034 posts) -

Now he's trying to live stream a game without any game inserted into his PS4.

#3 Edited by yakov456 (1901 posts) -

The future is here!

#4 Posted by ripelivejam (3743 posts) -

Man, people should watch the archive because it was hilarious. How he fixed it:

1. Removed the hard drive
  2. Turned the system on
  3. Shut it down
  4. Put the hard drive back in
  5. Turned the system on

doesn't seem the most obvious solution. granted he shouldn't have overreacted on his stream, or at least killed his stream before he went ballistic/spewed personal deets.

#5 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

#GREATNESSAWAITS

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

doesn't seem the most obvious solution. granted he shouldn't have overreacted on his stream, or at least killed his stream before he went ballistic/spewed personal deets.

Yeah, I'll agree that the solution itself isn't straightforward, but what you mentioned among other things and the way he was acting in general was why it was so hilarious.

#7 Posted by planetary (348 posts) -

Yawn. Unexciting.

#8 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

The internet really does bring out the worst in humanity. I just hope the aliens that are listening in kill us quick.

#9 Edited by MB (12207 posts) -

#STUPIDITYAWAITS

The first thing I thought about when it was announced how easy it would be to stream from the PS4 would be the millions of idiots putting their shitty videos onto the internet. This guy doesn't disappoint.

#10 Edited by chiablo (920 posts) -

Thanks, Sony, for giving everyone the ability to share their idiocy with the internet with a single button press. If you thought Pewtie Pie was annoying... Just you wait.

#11 Posted by Nightriff (4979 posts) -

I'm glad I haven't gotten into watching twitch streams besides GB, people actually watch this?

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -

I'm glad I haven't gotten into watching twitch streams besides GB, people actually watch this?

That's not a hobby of mine, either. I tried to click through it to find something funny, but it's an hour of a dude sitting there alone occasionally talking to the stream. Seems hell of boring, I'm surprised people were watching this dude.

#13 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I'm sure the guy was being an ass and all, but nothing is worse than DDOSers who think it's hilarious.

#14 Posted by wjb (1653 posts) -

The customer service representative has a charming voice.

#15 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

This guy has to be a troll. He's refusing all advice in the chat and making everything 1000x more complicated than it has to be.

#16 Edited by Nightriff (4979 posts) -

@toowalrus said:

@nightriff said:

That's not a hobby of mine, either. I tried to click through it to find something funny, but it's an hour of a dude sitting there alone occasionally talking to the stream. Seems hell of boring, I'm surprised people were watching this dude.

I hope they were at least doing something else why it was on.

#17 Posted by bigjeffrey (4910 posts) -

LOL

#18 Edited by Karkarov (3056 posts) -

@turboman said:

This guy has to be a troll. He's refusing all advice in the chat and making everything 1000x more complicated than it has to be.

No he is probably just stupid. I do internet tech support and I get daily calls about people asking how to hook up a vcr. Think about that.

#19 Posted by planetary (348 posts) -

@karkarov said:

No he is probably just stupid. I do internet tech support and I get daily calls about people asking how to hook up a vcr. Think about that.

I suppose there's some correlation here; people with VCRs at this point have failing hardware and probably prefer to use phones.

#20 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -
#21 Edited by Marokai (2867 posts) -

Been watching for the last hour and ahalf. It is one of the most horrifying, and hilarious, displays of stupidity I've ever seen. I can't handle watching it, I just keep losing it. "It's making noise and lighting up and it's not even plugged in! What's wrong!?"

#22 Edited by Brodehouse (9791 posts) -
#23 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

IT WAS ON!

He also needs to hold down the power button to go into safe mode.

#24 Posted by Marokai (2867 posts) -

The Gaf thread covering this debacle is sincerely the funniest thing I've read in years.

#25 Edited by DrStrangepork (131 posts) -

#GREATNESSAWAITS

nice, you have my gratitude.

I had this stream playing for a while, this guy is not the brightest.

#27 Posted by TruthTellah (8721 posts) -

Well that was something.

Off topic: Does anyone know if you can turn off the blue lighting on the side of the console? It looks cool, but it seems like it would get distracting after a while.

#28 Edited by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

Another note: The reason it takes so long for it to turn off is because it's booting up into the UI. Because IT'S IMPORTANT NOT TO TURN THE POWER OFF WHILE THE CONSOLE IS DOING IT'S MAGIC

#29 Posted by kishinfoulux (2278 posts) -

#FAILUREAWAITS

#30 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

I can honestly watch this dumb dumb try to fix his console for the next two days until I get my PS4

#31 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -
@mb said:

#STUPIDITYAWAITS

The first thing I thought about when it was announced how it would be to stream from the PS4 would be the millions of idiots putting their shitty videos onto the internet. This guy doesn't disappoint.

Sounds really harsh. He did not do all this through the console app but rather a normal cam and normal twitch. But yes he could have had it much easier y just formating the harddrive and download the Upadte on a USB stick. which people told him to do 4 hours before

#32 Edited by pause422 (6178 posts) -

@darji said:
@mb said:

#STUPIDITYAWAITS

The first thing I thought about when it was announced how it would be to stream from the PS4 would be the millions of idiots putting their shitty videos onto the internet. This guy doesn't disappoint.

Sounds really harsh. He did not do all this through the console app but rather a normal cam and normal twitch. But yes he could have had it much easier y just formating the harddrive and download the Upadte on a USB stick. which people told him to do 4 hours before

Nothing harsh about a simple reality. The feature is really neat, and with how many people stream already, or wait for a way to get the money to capture their video(usually moreso on consoles) it gives a lot of people that opportunity. Of course within that are going to be a majority of complete fucktards now putting up terrible content.

#33 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2146 posts) -

Like someone said on twitter, he won this by eating inhuman amounts of Taco Bell everday. It makes sense that he wouldn't understand video inputs.

#34 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Oh crap, this is actually STILL going on and his PS4's still broke? And now he's talking about being threatened by a lawyer?

Neat. So a NeoGAF recap post summarizing what I missed after he "repaired" it the first time:

Guy is streaming his broken PS4(He broke it by unplugging his ps4 while downloading DCUO which had stopped loading), complains to customer support for 4 hours whilst simultaneously being trolled by the people in his stream(Internet and all that), Ign decides that this is worth posting an article about. Finally through the troubleshooting in that 99% troll comments section he takes his HDD out, tries to turn on his PS4, gets an error, but at least it boots. He then puts the HDD back in and everything work. Guy then proceeds to pat himself on the back for being better than Sony Customer Support.... Then proceeds to once again break the ps4 by trying to download DCUO again. He is currently trying to fix it again, doing things such as turning on the PS4 while the hardrive isn't screwed in, plugging in the hard drive while the system is running, failing at holding the power button the amount of time necessary to boot in safe mode, and much much more, all while ignoring the Twitch admin's good advice. Then he finally listens to good advice, gets it working again, turns it off(to standby) and now it's broken again. He's now in hissy fit mode. Thar's your summary, have fun.

#35 Edited by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

#36 Posted by firecracker22 (536 posts) -

You've gotta imagine that it'll become more and more prevalent to see something like this happen with how easy it will become to live stream stuff.

#37 Edited by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -
#38 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

Poor dude. His console bricks and everyone is just shitting on him. Now he's stuck streaming Marvel Heroes. I probably would've curled into a ball and cried in a corner.

#39 Posted by shinjin977 (754 posts) -

@marokai said:

The Gaf thread covering this debacle is sincerely the funniest thing I've read in years.

I don't really agree with a lot of things on gaf but I will have to agree with this x100.

#40 Posted by RoarImaDinosaur (191 posts) -

Feels great not being a first adopter. People need to be patient and wait out that initial dispatch of consoles because there's a chance that they are rushing production to meet demand before Christmas. Let's hope it isn't as far spread as it seems to be going by the internetz.

#41 Posted by Strife777 (1514 posts) -

I heard that stream was quite an amusing one. I might check out the archive sometime.

#42 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Sometimes I appreciate N.Americans beta-testing hardware for the rest of the world.

#43 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Oh crap, this is actually STILL going on and his PS4's still broke? And now he's talking about being threatened by a lawyer?

Neat. So a NeoGAF recap post summarizing what I missed after he "repaired" it the first time:

Guy is streaming his broken PS4(He broke it by unplugging his ps4 while downloading DCUO which had stopped loading), complains to customer support for 4 hours whilst simultaneously being trolled by the people in his stream(Internet and all that), Ign decides that this is worth posting an article about. Finally through the troubleshooting in that 99% troll comments section he takes his HDD out, tries to turn on his PS4, gets an error, but at least it boots. He then puts the HDD back in and everything work. Guy then proceeds to pat himself on the back for being better than Sony Customer Support.... Then proceeds to once again break the ps4 by trying to download DCUO again. He is currently trying to fix it again, doing things such as turning on the PS4 while the hardrive isn't screwed in, plugging in the hard drive while the system is running, failing at holding the power button the amount of time necessary to boot in safe mode, and much much more, all while ignoring the Twitch admin's good advice. Then he finally listens to good advice, gets it working again, turns it off(to standby) and now it's broken again. He's now in hissy fit mode. Thar's your summary, have fun.

All he really needs to do is go format the hardrive completely buy an USB stick for like 10$ download the update via PC put it on a stick and then use it with his PS4...

People told him that like 10000 times but he never listened and even tried to do it with an external hardrive...

#44 Posted by l4wd0g (1931 posts) -

This dude is obviously not having the best of days. Maybe we shouldn't berate him on the Internet. What is wrong with you people?

Oh, and the console should have worked out of the box. There is no reason it shouldn't have.

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

This dude is obviously not having the best of days. Maybe we shouldn't berate him on the Internet. What is wrong with you people?

Oh, and the console should have worked out of the box. There is no reason it shouldn't have.

People tried to help him. He ignored it. At that point that you ignore good proper advice no less the EXACT instructions Sony offers to fix the problem I think you're fair game.

#49 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

It worked in the beginning than he wanted to download DC universe online but closed it during installation and then it started to freak out. AGain I am pretty sure he just needed a clean format but he never did...

#50 Posted by Budwyzer (566 posts) -