• 70 results
#1 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

Organizing pro-PlayStation 4 demonstrations at Walmart and major retailers

"I'm organizing a national awareness campaign against the Xbox One. I would like to enlist every gamer to help with the effort of educating the general public about Xbox's invasion of privacy by demonstrating against buying the Xbox one at major retailers in their town and cities during the days of and after launch. The movement is called Citizens Against the Xbox One.

Please join and support in educating those less aware gamers from making a fatal mistake and purchasing the Xbox One and stirring potential buyers towards the less intrusive PlayStation 4.'

So this guy, I expect if he shows up at a Wal-Mart on XBO launch day and interferes with some dude trying to score an XBO, I think he may end up as a "launch day fatality".

This is clearly pushing the console wars too far, but also, I find it super hilarious and entertaining.

#2 Edited by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

If MS had not flipflopped on the DRM I would understand that campaign but now.. what the..

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Hey, if he actually goes through with it then he gets a tiny amount of respect from me.
At least compared to the usual internet crusaders who just sit on message boards and do, well, nothing(which is what they are used to doing. I mean, they are nobodies doing nothing at all. Why should they break out of their comfort zone?)

It's crazy, sure, but if it happens he at least put some effort into it.

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

This would be one of the dumber protests I've seen in quite a while. Hopefully he realizes how stupid this is.

#5 Posted by falserelic (5329 posts) -

O Shiznet, shit just got real......

#6 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

@zeforgotten: I consider any trip to Wal-Mart I have to make to be a Black Hawk Down type of situation. The one closest to my house is one of those that Black Friday Youtube videos show up from. The last time I went was to pick up a copy of Mario Kart Double Dash (within 2 weeks of it coming out), so that should give you an idea of the last time I went into a Wal-Mart.

#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@krakn3dfx: So are you Josh Harnett or Orlando Bloom in your situation? :P
Man, those videos are crazy though like, insanely crazy.

#8 Posted by Humanity (8812 posts) -

This would be one of the dumber protests I've seen in quite a while. Hopefully he realizes how stupid this is.

I hope he doesn't realize it and I hope he will learn the hard way what a foolish thing he is doing.

#9 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

There was a thread just like this on Neogaf awhile ago, except this guy was literally going to block the entrance of the store and hand out flyers to anyone who tried to buy one.

#10 Posted by TheHT (10888 posts) -

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#11 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1224 posts) -

Please join and support in educating those less aware gamers from making a fatal mistake and purchasing the Xbox One...

A fatal mistake? That's a bit harsh.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

man, that guy has nothing going on in his life does he?

#13 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

That guy, that day: "So, I got shot by Wal-Mart today.."

#15 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

That guy, that day: "So, I got shot by Wal-Mart today.."

Assuming he would be trying to do it on Black Friday hed be lucky if he didn't get trampled.

#16 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Oh, CAXO (alternately, CAXbone), alright.

Dumb-ass shit.

#17 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

It's just a console... Most of these console wars are amusing but when idiocy like this arises, it's just plain annoying.

#18 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

I just hope he has an awesome hobo beard and is holding one of those "The End is Nigh" type placards when he does this. Wearing a dirty white bathrobe would also be a plus.

#19 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

This is something that I would actually want to go see if it really ended up happening, but it won't.

#20 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

Gross.

#21 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

For fuck's sake. People really need to find some other things to worry about in life, rather than this console war nonsense.

#22 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

@humanity said:

@truthtellah said:

I hope he doesn't realize it and I hope he will learn the hard way what a foolish thing he is doing.

Eh, I prefer when people realize their errors and find more constructive ways to express themselves. We all can be idiots at times, and it's best when we can toss foolishness aside for the sake of truly serving the causes we care about.

#23 Posted by Wraxend (551 posts) -

First world issues.

#24 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Microsoft is still a vile company, but what is there to protest now that they did a 180 on all the online stuff? Only thing I can think of is the tin foil hat people that are paranoid about the camera being on all the time.

#25 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

Guys, I'm organizing a national awareness campaign against the PC, plz sign my petiton. thx bbz ^_^

#26 Posted by pweidman (2298 posts) -

It's really interesting the extent that people will take silly things like this. Myopia in the extreme.

#27 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

While I've always preferred Sony's consoles this is a little much. People get too invested in this shit.

#28 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

This guy is going to go up to the wrong person and get hurt.

#29 Edited by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Slightly embarrassing.

#30 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

"DON'T BUY AN XBOX ONE! Also have you heard of Jesus Christ?"

#31 Posted by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

#32 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -

have you got a moment to talk about our lord and saviour Kaz Hirai?

praise be to six axis.

#33 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

@somejerk said:

If MS had not flipflopped on the DRM I would understand that campaign but now.. what the..

its called console war.

#34 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

I wonder what it's like (and going to be like for the next couple of years) over on the gamespot boards...

*shudder*

#35 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

The thing is, I don't want microsoft to get their asses handed to them completely. They should learn from this and come back with a better console next time, thus giving Sony more reason to keep their shit together. If it's just Sony left then we run into monopoly problems and then we'll be well and truly screwed.

#36 Edited by StarvingGamer (8000 posts) -

@somejerk said:

What does DRM have do with a protest against Microsoft's invasion of privacy?

#37 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

I would love this guy to try to get between me an my new Xbox. What a tool, I guess some people can't accept that other people have different tastes.

#38 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

¡Viva la Revolución!

#39 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

@trilogy said:

I wonder what it's like (and going to be like for the next couple of years) over on the gamespot boards...

*shudder*

I...I just looked.

#40 Posted by RonGalaxy (2873 posts) -

I will always have respect for someone who fights for what they believe in. Its more than what most people can claim to have accomplished

#41 Posted by Andorski (5191 posts) -

Because MS really gives a shit about what the Kinect will see.

#42 Posted by Vinny_Says (5686 posts) -

I will always have respect for someone who fights for what they believe in. Its more than what most people can claim to have accomplished

fight for what you believe in

#43 Posted by ProfessorK (816 posts) -

@darji said:

@somejerk said:

its called console war.

Fuck, I'd join him if he protested in a Crash Bandicoot outfit!

#44 Posted by ProfessorK (816 posts) -

@rollingzeppelin: I know we like to think they are but Nintendo ain't dead yet.

#45 Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

Aren't there way more important things to worry about than two identical products hitting the market at the same time? Really, organize a protest? I'm buying a PS4 but that guy would make me cancel my PS4 pre-order and switch to an XBO just to piss him off.

#46 Posted by TechHits (1369 posts) -

@wraxend said:

First world issues.

no kidding, to bad this guy isn't spending his energy on an issue that matters.

#47 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@techhits said:

@wraxend said:

First world issues.

This is not important?!
Didn't you read what he said? everyone could be making, and I quote, "a fatal mistake"
He's trying to save people from dying! The Xbox One is, in his world, probably a killer robot!

#48 Posted by Random45 (1051 posts) -

Organizing pro-PlayStation 4 demonstrations at Walmart and major retailers

"I'm organizing a national awareness campaign against the Xbox One. I would like to enlist every gamer to help with the effort of educating the general public about Xbox's invasion of privacy by demonstrating against buying the Xbox one at major retailers in their town and cities during the days of and after launch. The movement is called Citizens Against the Xbox One.

Please join and support in educating those less aware gamers from making a fatal mistake and purchasing the Xbox One and stirring potential buyers towards the less intrusive PlayStation 4.'

So this guy, I expect if he shows up at a Wal-Mart on XBO launch day and interferes with some dude trying to score an XBO, I think he may end up as a "launch day fatality".

This is clearly pushing the console wars too far, but also, I find it super hilarious and entertaining.

This is really dumb.

I can't really say anything more than that.

#49 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3786 posts) -

It's a shame he isn't put all that energy into a cause that isn't silly video game bullshit. What an incredible doofus.

#50 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

@techhits said:

@wraxend said:

First world issues.

This is not important?!

Didn't you read what he said? everyone could be making, and I quote, "a fatal mistake"

He's trying to save people from dying! The Xbox One is, in his world, probably a killer robot!

Clearly we need a sexy, mature 80's couple who can ferret out the truth and identify the culprit.