This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

Looks like Sony is also participating in the FPS and resolution war.

So far he is not wrong. MAny games are 60 FPS and even more are 1080P on the PS4. I think only one is 900P (BF4) and The Order which has lower Resolution (I think 1080X800 or so) But that is more for artistic reasons so far. It will be really interested to see how this will look with future titles when Tech comes more and more along.

#2 Edited by BeachThunder (12440 posts) -

Only 60fps? :o

#3 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

"w/e been doin it on pc for forever"

"omg RESOLUTION DOESNT MATTER!!!!"

"haha knew it ps4 will destroy xbox one microsoft is finished"

"60 first person shooters? That's too many!"

"NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT"

okay thread is over we can all leave now

#4 Posted by shinjin977 (800 posts) -

This will come back to bite him the in ass. Really nice guy and his passion for his job is amazing but as a PR person he shouldn't hype it up anymore imo. The level of hype for this thing is already such that it will never be met.

#5 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

Well I'm not against those two words in the same sentence considering I was hoping that games of next gen would at minimum be 1080p/60fps.

#6 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Isnt Killzone 30 FPS in singleplayer? Same with AC4?

#7 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

Isnt Killzone 30 FPS in singleplayer? Same with AC4?

Killzone is 30-50 FPS in SP. And he said a lot not that every game will have it. So far he is not wrong. Most of the launch games are actually 1080P and 60 FPS.

#8 Edited by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

For the games Shahid signs and works with, indie titles, he is absolutely right. People trying to pick apart his words by applying it to all games are foolish.

#9 Posted by MB (13141 posts) -

Do we need a new topic for every tweet now? Is that what we've come to?

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -
#11 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -
#12 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@mb: No we do not of course there are tons more of them right now. But I think 1080P and 60GFPS is a nice message to gamers who are still concerned about this kind of stuff. Twitter has become a great marketing too for these companies. Yes it can bite people in the ass if they use it wrong but used correctly it is so much worth. Also lets get a bit hyped up for next gen which is finally starting in a few days and on Giantbomb it already did with the Resogun Quicklook.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22577 posts) -

/Slam dunk

#14 Posted by Marokai (3151 posts) -

I admire Shahid's moxie, but this is a silly statement that people will be picking on for the rest of the generation. Don't brag about things you can't promise. For indie games? Sure. Everything else? I doubt it. More than the XB1, certainly, but..

#15 Edited by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

*psssst* - "Hey.....Hey you.......want to know about something pretty amazing?"

*leans in closer, looks side to side* - "...........sliced bread. It'll blow your mind."

#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Welcome to Neogaf. Where tweets are news.

#17 Edited by Animasta (14730 posts) -

there's gonna be a new 1080 game?

#18 Posted by JayEH (534 posts) -

Drive club was going to be 720/30 before they delayed and infamous is 1080/30. There's time before those games come pub and I guess they can change things but I'm just saying.

#19 Posted by Sinusoidal (1819 posts) -

Come on! Those barely qualify as words.

#20 Edited by pyrodactyl (2364 posts) -

I'm buying a PS4 and I honestly don't give a fuck about 1080p and 60fps.

#21 Posted by Skooky (479 posts) -

Developers don't give a fuck about frame rate so 60 fps is not going to be a thing even next year.

#22 Posted by StarvingGamer (8560 posts) -

@animasta said:

there's gonna be a new 1080 game?

Man, I would be super stoked.

#23 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

#24 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@jayeh said:

Drive club was going to be 720/30 before they delayed and infamous is 1080/30. There's time before those games come pub and I guess they can change things but I'm just saying.

Drive club was never 720P as for the FPS they are trying to reach 60 FPS and with the delay they have a good possibility to do so. If a game is not ready yet you delay it it is really easy. Again mos launch games are 1080P and 60 FPS including the sports games, Need for speed rivals and COD for example.

#26 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Read all I needed to. You're doing gods work.

#27 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -
#28 Posted by l4wd0g (2016 posts) -

What games are 1080p and 60 FPS?

It's not Killzone, Battlefirld 4 or other AAA games. At least not at launch and I would bet not for a while.

Indie games can do it. But they could also do it on a Wii U.

#29 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6402 posts) -

We don't need more topics on Resolutiongate 2013, so I'm going to lock this down. I'm also going to start strongly encouraging individuals to not post threads that will lead to system wars. Of course PR guys are going to say their system is the bestest of all time ZOMG. They're paid to do this shit. We don't need to see a new post every single time a Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Atari, Sega, chess, backgammon, or Hungry Hungry Hippos exec says something on Twitter. Locking this down now.