Posted by AcidBrandon18 (746 posts) 11 months, 12 hours ago

Poll: Vertical or Horizontal? (138 votes)

Vertical 25%
Horizontal 75%

How will you place you PS4? Vertical or Horizontal?

#1 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1072 posts) -

Doesn't matter to me as long as it fit's somewhere in my TV stand with all the current consoles. Having 4 consoles out is gonna suck.

#2 Posted by underworld2086 (42 posts) -

I feel like if the console moves any bit while vertical my games get destroyed.

#3 Edited by Pr1mus (3910 posts) -

The one that dissipates heat better. I'm assuming it will be vertical again.

#4 Edited by ProfessorK (824 posts) -

More than likely horizontal, since the area I will put it has enough space and shelves prohibit me from doing vertical.

#5 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

Vertical

#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -

Most likely horizontal.

#7 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Probably vertical due to the lack of space on my desk.

#8 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5512 posts) -

The next gen is on the Horizon.

#9 Edited by Silver-Streak (1359 posts) -
#10 Posted by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

If I'd had one, it would be vertical so I can kick it everytime I lose a match.

#11 Edited by Humanity (9257 posts) -

What does the stand look like?

#12 Edited by PandaBear (1371 posts) -

@humanity said:

#13 Posted by Humanity (9257 posts) -

@humanity said:

That is a seriously weak stand. Horizontal it is. Unless it's too big, then... vertical.

#14 Edited by PandaBear (1371 posts) -

@humanity said:

@pandabear said:

@humanity said:

That is a seriously weak stand. Horizontal it is. Unless it's too big, then... vertical.

I bought an official vertical stand for my PS2.

I bought an official vertical stand for my PS3.

I will buy an official vertical stand for my PS4.

I am the problem.

#15 Posted by Humanity (9257 posts) -
#16 Posted by cloudnineboya (821 posts) -

^16 pounds for a bit of plastic, i'll say it again 16 pounds for a bit of plastic, fuck it ill say it again 16 pounds for a bit of plastic to stand the ps4 upright i like my playstations vertical but do one and fuck of sony.

#17 Posted by MX (232 posts) -

I'm guessing horizontal when I eventually buy it, I like vertical but I doubt there is enough space to place it next to my TV on my mediacenter.

#18 Posted by dgtlty (160 posts) -

I've never had my consoles vertical before but in an effort to save space I'll pick up a stand for my PS4.

#19 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

Unless your putting the system somewhere nothing can tip it over, horizontal is the way to go.

#20 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

No diagonal option = no buy.

#21 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Horizontal. Thusfar console disc drives have been shoddy durability and aren't worth risking the extra wear&tear of vertical orientation on.

#22 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

@aleryn said:

Horizontal. Thusfar console disc drives have been shoddy durability and aren't worth risking the extra wear&tear of vertical orientation on.

It is rare to see people with disc drive problems, usually they RROD or YLOD because of bullshit "green" lead-free solder long before the drive can fail.

#23 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

#HORZY4LIFE

#24 Posted by SomeJerk (3251 posts) -

There are intake vents on the side of the chassis, the vertical stand takes this to mind. If you want to store your PS4 the absolute safest, minimizing the already minimal risks of problems with moving parts and ventilation, store it horizontally.

#25 Edited by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

This "Vertical makes the drive die faster" is total horseshit. Also, Vertical because I have extremely limited desk space.

#26 Posted by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

Probably vertical due to the lack of space on my desk.

Yup, I want to place it horizontally, but I'm not sure if I will be able to. My PS3 is currently vertical on this desk for this very reason.

#27 Posted by LutonHatter (331 posts) -

Horizontal, that way I'll have I nice flat surface to put my PS3 on top.

#28 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

Horizontal, that way I'll have I nice flat surface to put my PS3 on top.

You shouldn't be kidding about that. People out there will actually do it and complain later about their melted PS4s

#29 Posted by Jay_Ray (1101 posts) -

No turning PS logo means horizontal for me

#30 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

More than likely horizontal for me since I have a bedroom setup with my consoles on the floor. If I put any console vertical on my carpet, I'll end up having panic attacks when myself or others walk by. Now if I had a really nice living room style setup, I would go with vertical. Especially if there was something keeping the console from fully tipping over (inner wall of entertainment center/ side of tv, ect).

#31 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11021 posts) -

Horizontal. Aside from that being more practical for how I have stuff set up around my TV, I just think the PS4 looks better vertical.

#32 Posted by SomeJerk (3251 posts) -

@trilogy said:

More than likely horizontal for me since I have a bedroom setup with my consoles on the floor. If I put any console vertical on my carpet, I'll end up having panic attacks when myself or others walk by. Now if I had a really nice living room style setup, I would go with vertical. Especially if there was something keeping the console from fully tipping over (inner wall of entertainment center/ side of tv, ect).

No matter how thin your carpet is, that's a big no-no. Put it on a phone book, a box, something to get it up.

#33 Edited by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

This might be irrational but I've always had a fear of discs scratching if they're spinning vertical for too long, I'll let gravity do its job and have them spin horizontally. Don't get me wrong I've had my consoles vertical from time to time but I prefer them horizontal.