Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Skytylz

And I love that it's so small.

But mark my words, in a year or two there will be some little shitlord asking for a Slim version of this one as well. Which then means that, well, there'll be nothing inside it anymore because there's not exactly room for it

Alright, you ready for this? I'm about to blow your mind. Are you really ready? Sony will be able to make a smaller version with all the functionality because, believe it or not, as technology advances they can shrink chips and pack the same tech into a smaller box! Did you know the phone in your pocket is more powerful then super computers that filled entire buildings in the past! Computers are crazy man!

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Welp, we're not gonna have a PS4 slim for a while yet. Not sure how they can shrink it down.

That said, I'm not surprised. They're using established hardware now. x86 chips are pretty damned small nowadays, and AMD has a bit of experience in integrating CPU and GPU onto a single board, what with ATI and all.

I'd love to see the dimensions compared to the Wii U, because the PS4 looks like it could give Nintendo's system a run for its money.

utamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ps4 slim = no optical drive = happy customers + drm issue solved.

thanks PR I'm here all week

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@utamaru said:

ps4 slim = no optical drive = happy customers + drm issue solved.

thanks PR I'm here all week

No optical drive means it won't be a mainstream device. Too many people who aren't blessed to be able to pay huge amounts of money for high-speed internet. Sony is looking to expand its reach, not contract it.