Yo guys, I was about to buy a PS4

• 50 results
DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders! Serious talk... I was about to buy a PS4, like it is in my amazon cart right now!

Question, should I?

Avatar image for gratefuldead207
gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gratefuldead207

If you don't own a current gen system, then yes PS4 is probably the smart way to go!

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tCobra

What are you reservations on purchasing a PS4? Without any context my answer would be yes.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesss. You got Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 (soon), The Last Guardian, NieR Automata, .Console exclusives too. FFXV, Persona 5, KH3 (if you don't have a PS3)

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tcobra said:

What are you reservations on purchasing a PS4? With out any context my answer would be yes.

The PS4.5 rumours soaring the webs

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would probably wait for e3 and see what they say about a new playstation.

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a big one. If that is a big hold up I say wait till E3 you have waited this long. Worst case is you get one a couple months later. I have no idea if the PS4.5 will end up being anything substantial.

Avatar image for gratefuldead207
gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel: That is a valid point to bring up, according to a GBeast podcast it seems Austin is almost positive that it is going to happen, my logic is if you believe you will get a lot of hours of enjoyment playing your PS4 over the next half of the year then go for it. It depends on how much you play games. I'm content with the PS4 just as is and the many hours of enjoyment I would not trade to wait for an updated version.

tCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valjean9430: Yup! Agreed.

love the new remote play to Mac/PC! Based on pure speculation the current PS4 will remain compatible.

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

If you've got the money...

Get Bloodborne. Essential purchase.

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a special bundle or a sale or something definitely! I bought my PS4 a little over a year ago from Amazon and it came bundled with the standard Last of Us as well as Killzone and Infamous which were both pretty good for being free! If there's nothing special right now though then maybe consider waiting for E3? At the very least there will probably be new bundles announced and maybe a price drop if the PS4.5 is shown off.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Finish what you started" is something your parents taught you, right?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DonPixel

You could wait till e3 but...

Itsinyourcartjustdoit!

I know.... it itches me :(

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in your boat as well and decided against it. Just too much uncertainty right now to justify dropping hundreds of dollars on something that might be getting pushed to the wayside a few months from now.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hold off till after e3, unless you've got something in mind to play right now that you can't do without.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@donpixel said:
@valjean9430 said:

You could wait till e3 but...

Itsinyourcartjustdoit!

I know.... it itches me :(

Two months and maybe end up putting that money towards a more powerful PS4 down the line, or two months that you could've spent already playing stuff. Or just buy a PS4 and play it now, and also down the line upgrade to a more powerful one, if all that stuff pans out. The games are rumoured to work on both anyways, right?

I picked one up in December and the PS4.5 news was pretty annoying, but I've been having a great time with the thing all the same.

Invo1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say do it. Bought mine at launch (stupid decision in retrospect) but now that there is a solid catalog you really can't go wrong.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I love my PS4, use it all the time and it's basically the entertainment centerpiece that Sony originally wanted the PS2 to be. Great games, good system-level stuff. The only drawback I can see is potential E3 news leading to a price drop or a 4.5.

So it's up to you. I don't think you'll regret your purchase, but if you want to wait til June to see what may or may not happen, that could be the way to go.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donpixel said:

Hey duders! Serious talk... I was about to buy a PS4, like it is in my amazon cart right now!

Question, should I?

You should wait. You might pay 350 right now, and find out that Sony is dropping the price to 300 for the current model, and introducing a more powerful model at 400. You should definitely wait.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By RonGalaxy

I would wait until this whole ps4.5/Xbox OnePointFive business gets addressed before buying a Console. You don't want to spend 300 bucks on something only to see a better thing for slightly more money get announced.

And who knows, maybe Nintendo's next thing will be viable for 3rd party games.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My rational side would've told me to wait, personally.

Though, if you're anything like me, your rational side has no chance against the hype for something new, a gadget to play with and have a lot of fun with. So yeah, I would pull the trigger myself, but I will still urge you not to.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't buy a PS4 until after E3.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy the Wii U

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ps4.5 stuff came just as I was about to buy one too. I would wait a few months until they clear up the situation. By which point you could have saved enough for a nice PC anyway.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i would wait until i had more information. You don't want to feel bummed out. Waiting a bit feels better than being stuck with something that brings feelings of regret with it.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JesusHammer

I'm in the same position and I'm waiting. I honestly hope NieR gets delayed and the PS4.5 gets out before FFXV because I'd rather not get the entirety of those games plots spoiled for me because Sony decided to make a weird console upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How have you survived so long?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

On one hand: You could wait it out until E3 and see what the PS4K may have to offer and whether or not it's more compelling to you than the original, especially if you have a PC or another console or handheld to keep you occupied for the next two months or so. It's too early to tell whether or not the PS4K will be a major improvement over the original in terms of features and software, but there is a chance that you could be missing out on something interesting the upgraded system can do that the original can't.

On the other hand: If the original PS4 already has what you want, then you might as well go for it. Unless you're one of those people who's obsessed with having the latest and greatest tech, if you're happy with what the current PS4 can do, then there's no point in being bored waiting several months to a year for the next version to release since the improvements may not be relevant to what you want now.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hold off until E3 if you can. Even if there isn't a PS4.5, there might still be a hardware revision or a price drop. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a cheaper PS4 Slim by the end of the year. Same with the Xbox One, too.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also recommend holding off until E3 to buy one. If there's a hardware revision coming out, either just a slim or something that supports 4K resolutions for blu-rays you might end up getting that one for the same price as the current one, or you might get the current one even cheaper.

There's nothing on the PS4 that you have to play right now and I say that as someone who got a launch PS4. There are good games for it, but nothing in the moment that's essential to be playing. Bloodborne is great, but you already missed the zeitgeist on that one.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerokus said:

The ps4.5 stuff came just as I was about to buy one too. I would wait a few months until they clear up the situation. By which point you could have saved enough for a nice PC anyway.

Sony not getting in front of this thing and announcing this immediately is one of the stupider things they've done recently. I can't imagine how many people are waiting to buy a PS4 right now, when they might not even want to buy a PS4.5 when it's finally announced.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would hold off honestly, it's fine but if a ps4.5 is really coming at a similar price point i'd hold out for more info. Especially if it runs the same games but with more horse power.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would wait for news on 4.5, I bought a ps4 3 months ago and am currently banging my head against the wall with these rumors

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I wonder how much of the world it's effecting though knowing that there might be another PS4 on the way. Its certainly been widely reported, but Mom and Pop going into the Big Box store, do they know a new PS4 might be coming in a months time? Does their 8 year old asking for the PS4 know?

I'm sure it's having some effect, I just wonder if it's having as much as an effect as people like us (video game forum users) might expect.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I wonder how much of the world it's effecting though knowing that there might be another PS4 on the way. Its certainly been widely reported, but Mom and Pop going into the Big Box store, do they know a new PS4 might be coming in a months time? Does their 8 year old asking for the PS4 know?

I'm sure it's having some effect, I just wonder if it's having as much as an effect as people like us (video game forum users) might expect.

Perhaps not mom, pop, or their 8 year old, but this has been reported in the mainstream media. There are definitely people who don't even play video games who know about this. And while it's impossible to tell what sort of damage is being done to potential sales, it's also impossible to argue that at least some damage isn't being done to potential sales.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Corvak

PS4.5 rumors might become more than that come E3. How much that matters really depends, because I have my doubts that 4K will matter this gen. Either it'll be priced so obnoxiously that nobody will buy, or it'll just let Sony sell a cheaper VR headset without that little box.

Edit: Third option is Sony losing their shirt to move units, though they don't have the first party software to fill that profit hole.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Yeah I totally agree that by not getting in front of it Sony are actively stopping sales. But while reading online would have us believe that there's a total halt on sales I just don't think that's happening at that level.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheBlue

What does this have to do with Dark Souls 3?

Also, I'm in the boat of waiting until E3 and see what Sony does unless you're really eager to play stuff right this second.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

##@jesus_phish: Most people don't keep up with video game news so they may not have heard of PS4.5

As for whether or not you should get a PS4, it depends entirely on your individual circumstances. Why don't you have one yet? If the answer is that it's a big purchase for you or you don't have a ton of time to play games, then I would wait until E3. If the answer is that you haven't gotten around to it yet then I would consider it.

Ps4.5 isn't likely to come out before October (at the earliest.) If you could get $300 of fun out of a Ps4 between now and then grab it without reservation.

Personally if I didn't have an 8th gen console I would not wait because I have a fair amount of disposable income and I really like games. If you offered me $300 to give up my XBONE and PS4 until October I would definitely reject that offer. But that's me. YMMV.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this completely sucks to hear, but I think it would be wise to listen to the general public sentiment regarding the future of the PS4 (specifically the possibility of a PS4.5 announcement in the coming year) and wait a couple of months to see how that entire situation shakes out.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my PS4 and don't regret buying it. However, with all this PS4.5 stuff un in the air, I would wait until E3 to see what that does or does not bring.

JamesFargoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say wait till e3 if you can, but buying it now would be ok too. There will likely be a trade up program at gamestop if not an official one initiated by Sony. Besides you can always craigslist it and spend a little bit more down the road if the new one is worth it.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How have you survived so long?

Gaming PC

Anyway, I kinda want a console for competitive shooters, I'm weird like that

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazybagman: Is it really that surprising? A lot of major releases were still coming out on last gen hardware last year. Hell the game I'm most looking forward to this year is getting a PS3 release. This is honestly the first year we're getting a good chunk of big new console exclusive games. I've been just fine with my PS3, Wii U, and my aging PC since the PS4 came out. The only thing I would've missed out on was Bloodborne really and I got to play through that at a friend's.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Foot

Robot

Golf

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Save your money and get a new graphics card. If you already own a powerful PC, how the hell could you even consider buying a 300$ paperweight unless you really need to play Bloodbourne?