#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/05/take-a-virtual-tour-of-playstations-e3-booth-in-ps-home/

So first of all those who "pre-register" for virtual E3 in Home this week will get a free Beyond: Two Souls theme.

Then during E3 if you complete some quests in their virtual booth you get themes for The Last of Us and Destiny, a Music Unlimited Trial, a PlayStation Plus trial, two PlayStation Mobile games (Rymdkapsel and Haunt the House), and first wave beta access to Killzone: Mercenary. There are also some Home items to win if you are into those sorts of things.

So, is this going to make you start up Home or are you going to skip all this stuff because Home regulars scare the living shit out of you?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

Id have to install home though....

#3 Edited by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Yea and it will take a while. I just got through downloading everything so I could preregister and the I saw some people chatting.

Who are these people?!?!? What are they like in real life?!?!?

#4 Posted by Winsord (1209 posts) -

I guess I'll hop into Home, sure. Less interested in the themes, but having the chance to get some free PS+ next week is enticing enough. The last time I was in Home though, it was mostly just interrupting people's conversations by doing the running man as a guy with a blue afro wearing all purple.

#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2363 posts) -

Even that isn't enough to convince to install Home.

#6 Posted by Slag (4250 posts) -

Home is just odd. But hey if people like that's cool.

none of that freebies appeal to me. Appreciate the gesture by Sony though. Another good sign that Sony gets it this time.

#7 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Bump for anyone who hadn't seen this and would like to pre-register to snag the Beyond theme.

#8 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Thanks for hte PSA. I may jump in there for that beta access (even though I hate Killzone, I just like betas).

#9 Posted by Reisz (1483 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Nine.

I think I still have Home installed from launch. . . . I might update and check it out, thanks for the heads up either way.

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14769 posts) -

@reisz said:

@darthorange said:

@demoskinos said:

Nine.

I think I still have Home installed from launch. . . . I might update and check it out, thanks for the heads up either way.

Well then I'm staying away for sure because its only going to be filled with 9yr olds and the creepy people trying to talk to the 9 year olds.

#11 Posted by tourgen (4469 posts) -

I forgot Home even existed.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

@tourgen said:

I forgot Home even existed.

It really shouldn't anymore.

#13 Edited by Vextroid (1390 posts) -

First I'd would have to give a shit about Home...

#14 Posted by Dot (163 posts) -

I'll do it just for the PS+ Trial

#15 Posted by ThunderSlash (1685 posts) -

The PS+ Trial sounds good. I'm not sure how tough these quests will be though.

#16 Posted by Damodar (1343 posts) -

Any idea how long the PS+ trial is?

#17 Posted by Glottery (1220 posts) -

Aayup...this'll probably be the only time, when I'll set my foot into that virtual abomination...

#18 Edited by Reisz (1483 posts) -

@demoskinos: Oh lord, I didn't even think of that. That ramps up the creepiness even more, I remember reading a really interesting piece on home last year that mentioned there were just a huge amount of kids or people pretending to be kids (Even worse) But who knows right? I think I'll give it a look, maybe there will be a bunch of normal users in there for this promotion.

#19 Edited by Stepside (509 posts) -

Even that isn't enough to convince to install Home.

This. Home scares me.

#20 Edited by two_socks (230 posts) -

Ah, okay. You have to visit during E3. Was trying to get access to the PS+ offer earlier but it just looped a loading screen. Thanks for the info dude.

#21 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

@damodar said:

1 month. I hope it can be added to an existing subscription.

#22 Posted by RecSpec (3803 posts) -

Interested in the PS+ trial because maybe I can get it added onto a sub account.

#23 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

I think Giant Bomb needs to take the hit and send Hot Scoops Klepek on an undercover investigation to Home. He needs to get inside and get the juicy stories.

#24 Posted by SomeJerk (3216 posts) -

PS Home's pretty weird. Logged on (Europe) and saw the usual amount of players, I know for sure that people actually buy PS3s for this, treating it like a visual and very creepy chat room, earning Sony untold millions in pure profit.

If I've got the time I'll work out a visual guide of do-this-do-that based on peoples notes when the E3 area opens up.

(720p framegrab, click for fuller size)

#25 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

@damodar said:

1 month. I hope it can be added to an existing subscription.

Yep, this was my hope too.

#26 Posted by Commander_Crichton (155 posts) -

Would love to get the PS+ trial but I'm pretty sure the quests for it will probably involve getting five friends to join you in the e3 booth or some stupid shit like that.
I also preregistered and didn't even get the Beyond theme, don't know what's up with that.

#27 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1029 posts) -
#28 Posted by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

Is anyone else who might be doing this having problems with downloading the voucher codes for some of the items?

#29 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

This is upnow so you guys should check it out, if for nothing else then to see the video of LL Cool J talking to the PlayStation Home community that you need to watch to get the Music Unlimited trial.

@smtdante89: Which ones are you having trouble with?

#30 Posted by SMTDante89 (2564 posts) -

@darthorange: None now, I guess it was just the huge amount of traffic that thing must have had during the first day that caused a few issues. Yesterday morning it all worked fine for me. But thanks for asking.