#1 Posted by xyzygy (9988 posts) -

I am moving to Germany in September and got myself a PSP. What are some of the best games? I already have Dissidia (the second one, with Lightning) and I've played Peace Walker on 360. Those are probably two very common answers. I love basically every genre except sports, and my favorite genre is RPG.

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4184 posts) -

God of War and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. That's all I know since I've never played many games.

#3 Posted by xyzygy (9988 posts) -
#4 Posted by believer258 (11903 posts) -

Daxter.

Everyone else will cover every other game, but Daxter was an early PSP release and I don't think many people played it. It's a very good looking and incredibly well-playing action-platformer.

Obligatory Persona 1-3 mention.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9988 posts) -

@believer258: Cool, thanks. Never even heard of that. Is it Daxter from Jak and Daxter? And yeah I suppose I should try a Persona game out too.

#6 Edited by believer258 (11903 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@believer258: Cool, thanks. Never even heard of that. Is it Daxter from Jak and Daxter? And yeah I suppose I should try a Persona game out too.

Daxter takes place between Jak 1 and 2, it's what Daxter did while he was searching for Jak.

If the gimped overworld doesn't bother you, play Persona 3 first.

#8 Posted by TopSteer (656 posts) -

These are all RPGs as that is mostly what I played on that system.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky A really great game that seemingly nobody played.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Jeanne d'Arc

Ys SEVEN

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Brave Story: New Traveler

Class of Heroes and Unchained Blades if you like first person dungeon crawlers.

Crimson Gem Saga

There are a lot of ports and remakes as well like FF Tactics: War of the Lions, FF I, II, and IV, the first two Star Ocean games and the Disgaea games.

#9 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

Crisis Core
Disgaea: AFternoon of Darkness
I remember kinda liking The 3rd Birthday?

#10 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, The 3rd Birthday and if you like RPGs maybe you'll be into Brave Story: New Traveler

#11 Posted by Angouri (231 posts) -

@topsteer: There is a dedicated community badgering Xseed to localize the sequel to LoH:TitS on their boards. I doubt it will come to PSP, but there is a PS3 version coming in Japan (or it came out?) and PC. Apparently SC is massive and Xseed can't commit that much to its localization.

#12 Posted by cuttablefurball (19 posts) -

It looks like people others have beaten me to Persona 3 so I'll say Valkyria Chronicles II. It's a very fun strategy game with a lot of RPG elements thrown in for good measure. Also @believer258, I love that you called Daxter out. It's a fun game that people forget about because of how close to launch it was.

#13 Posted by Spwn (177 posts) -

Lots of my favorite PSP games have already been mentioned, but Half-Minute Hero is yet to be mentioned. One of the funniest games I've played.

#14 Posted by Sinusoidal (1492 posts) -

LocoRoco 1 and 2 are the only things that make me pick up my PSP anymore. The music is incredible.

#15 Posted by xyzygy (9988 posts) -

Thanks guys! This will be really great for my list. :)

#16 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1419 posts) -

Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2: If you like card based games then you have to play this. Even if you dont its still really good. The only game that wants me to get my psp fixed (menu bar malfunctioning, screen going black randomly). While the Solid series have a somewhat nonsensical story they went bat shit insane wiht Ac!d. Wish it wold come out on PSN

Patapon 1 and 2: Best rhythm games out there. Great art style and simple but challenging gameplay. pata pata pata pon!

#17 Edited by casper_ (903 posts) -

Great port of guilty gear if you want a good fighter. The control scheme works really well on the psp too. Also disgaea 2 has a ton more content on the psp!

#18 Posted by TopSteer (656 posts) -

@angouri: I would love for it to come out over here in some form but I have kinda given up on finishing that story.

#19 Posted by egg (1467 posts) -

Mega Man Powered Up and Fat Princess are 2 of the best PSP games.

Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, Need for Speed Carbon Own the City, and Test Drive Unlimited are each open world.

Pursuit Force is very good but very hard. Pursuit Force Extreme Justice is a bit easier.

Juiced Eliminator

Medal of Honor Heroes

#20 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is amazing.

seriously one of the best RPGs of the last 5 years

#21 Edited by oodli (106 posts) -

If you have any interest in the Metal Slug series there is the anthology on the PSP which consists of Metal Slug 1-6.

#22 Posted by Damodar (1390 posts) -

Lots of good ones have already been mentioned, so I'll just say that the Ace Combat games on PSP are surprisingly good.

#23 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (389 posts) -

Patapon 2 and fuck er'rything else.

#24 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2388 posts) -

Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X if you're a Mega Man fan, Daxter is good and ridiculously cheap, as in like $2, and I had tons of fun with the Battlefront games on there.

Oh yeah, and Power Stone Collection because those games kick ass.

#25 Edited by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

I enjoyed Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, Ridge Racer, Burnout Legends, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on there.

#26 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2298 posts) -

Crisis core

Person 3 Portable

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

#27 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Originally released for GameBoy Advance but was re-released for PSP, Yggdra Union.

#28 Edited by egg (1467 posts) -

@damodar said:

Lots of good ones have already been mentioned, so I'll just say that the Ace Combat games on PSP are surprisingly good.

argh, I forgot those

I would recommend Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception

#29 Posted by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

You should get some Ps1 games on your psp they play well.